You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
United Off Topic **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS)
You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums
Someone needs to try this and report back to us how it is.
From the Boston Globe:
Guinness ice cream
January 18, 2006
Makes 1 quart
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup Guinness stout
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons molasses
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, scrape in the vanilla bean seeds. Add the pod, milk, and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let the flavors infuse for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the stout and molasses. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk in a few tablespoons of the hot cream mixture, then slowly whisk in another 1/4 cup of the cream. Add the remaining cream in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
4. Stir the beer mixture into the cream mixture. Cook the custard over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.
5. Strain the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Process the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
User not setup in Rate My Car. Click here to set it up.
was partying the other night and someone brought guiness, and it is the absolute worst party beer, sorry if you guys like it, maybe it's an acquired taste I just don't have yet. if you wanna get fucked up and you're cheap you can't beat bud and busch tall boys.
but on the topic of ice cream i was at baskin robbins a while ago and had some margarita ice cream that was really good.