What Car Did Your Father/Parents drive or have driven?
Okay Torque gave me an idea...
My Pop's Rides
1. 1975 Datson Sea green back in 1977 (My Dad's first car and a wedding gift from his Dad) I remember driving in it during the early 1980s when I was 5 or 6 and before baby/child seats were invented.I loved it small and fast car.
2. 1977 blue Plymouth Volare station wagon...owned during the late 80's. I hated this monster, My dad drove it whiles he was doing his Doctorate in NYC and we had first moved here from England. It broke down so many times on the roads. Once the wiper arms flew off during an icestorm whiles driving on the NJ turnpike. And we had to use a broom with the windows down whiles my pops drove. it was so cold, the car even had tons of problems with heat and A/C was never working.
3. 1992 Ford Taurus Wagon...owned early 1990s. All I loved about this car was the exterior shape, I hated the brown color suede seats and interior stuff. At this time I didn't care about cars, I was into :bowdown comic books and breasts...so this one past me by before he sold it.
4. 1998 BMW 528i black (leased in 1997) late 1990s At this time my parents had divorced and my Dad moved out to Long Island (I stayed in the City with my Moms) and started his own business. So I never got to drive in it much. Cool car though. My Dad only complained about skidding alot during snow storms and didn't think it was a safe winter car.
5. 2005 Montero Sport (bought 2 of them black and red for him and his wife)...Driven in my Dads sport once...I didn't like it, cheap, too high of the ground and leather interior smells cheap. I implored him to get an X5 or 745il but he's investing his money into buying a second home in Soyosett and expanding his Education Software Business.
1. 1980s Japanese brand Moped...babyblue. Said she drove me on this when I was a baby. It was a bike she got after college and used it daily to go to work (in Guyana). I can't say what happened but she sold it before going back to England and doing her MS.
2. 1999 Volvo s80: My mom barely drove it. I loved it, I learned to drive in it. Somewhat sluggish, but I loved the interior layout...the Vovlo got me interested in buying a Euro car...like a SAAB because of the austere interiors.
My Brother used to drive a 1992 Toyota Cresseda before he wrecked it.
My girl drives a 2002 Neon, and her Pop's drives a 2005 S55 AMG.
so I was not exactly the first person to drive a BMW but the first to own it...since my Dad leased his car.
woot woot :woot
My dad drives a Japanese coupe car.(not sure what is it)and i alwasy get to sit in it(1 was only 3). He sold it bcoz we were going to England for 4 years.
In England, my dad bought the Fiat Panda(Ulgy car) since we are in England for a short period of time.
In 1991, coming back from England my dad bought the Mitsubhishi Diamante(still having it).A pretty nice car at that time.
In 1996-My dad bought the Land Rover Discover(Written off in 2002).
In 1999-My dad bought the Mercedes Benz S320L(THE MOST EXPENSIVE CAR THAT MY FAMILY EVER BOUGHT):D
With the insurance money from the written off Land Rover Discovery, my parents help me buy the BMW 328i on April 2004 at the Car Auction.
Since my dad now is posted in the Arabian dessert(Oil company), He bought himself a 4 wheel-2005 Toyota Prado.The car is suitable for the area!!:D
After his assignment finishes,Maybe he would be considering a VW Toureg and shiped it back here(Brunei).
heh..in 22 years my parents have owned 50 cars in the US.
there are way to many to write about. in the pat tens years though from what i can remeber...
two volvo 960's
a 1986 911 Carerra Cabriolet 3.6liter porshce
a1990 911 Carerra Targa 3.6 liter porsche
a 1999 VW Beetle
a 1999VW Cabrio
a 2001 Volvo wagon(not sure of model)
a 1990 Volvo wagon 740 turbo
a 2000 Chevy silverado
a 2005 Chevy silverado
a 1991 318i BMW
a 2001 330ci
a 1993 volvo wagon(had it for liket wo weeks)
a 2001 honda civic
a 198~ subaru wagon
a 198~ audi
a 2003 toyota Celica
a 1996 Volvo 850
a 1995 chevy s10 tahoe
1994/5 volvo 940 wagon
these are in no particular order..just the order i remembered them in.
btw this includes my car and my sisters celica..shes paying for it..so i dont know if it ocunts.
note these are only cars from the past 10 years...
Dad (from 1st to present) :
- '79 Zastava 100
- Golf Mk1 GTi
- Zastava 750 aka Fiat 600
- Moskvich Aleko
- '83 Audi 80
- '96 Ford Taurus
- '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
- '91 BMW 525i (Current)
- Toyota Corrola
- '96 Audi A6 (Current)
Mom didn't really drive much because she stayed at home for the first few years of my life, and only my dad worked, then war broke out ...
My dad had only on car in his life, a red '79 Dodge Aspen wagon. He learned to drive late in his life. My mom never drove.
My dad had a 78 Caprice. Then a 84 Camaro Z28. Then a 90 Acura Integra GS
Mom had a 75 BMW E3 3.0 csi and a 84 Fiero and a 95 Honda Civic and a 2oo1 VW Jetta
A 1970's Duster
A bunch of low rider trucks (says they handled better than his bimmer)
A van when i was born
A ford ranger
Finally his 1998 328 is
Some orange piece of shit ( i cant remember)
A 5 spd Mustang
And her 2000 X-terra
Jaguar XKE low window coupe
big huge brown wagon
minivan now a jeep
V8 camaro with 2 speed "power glide" transmission
the previous mentioned minivan
and now a V8 thunderbird
here's the cars my dad had growing up i don't know the years, his driving record is a hot button in our house....
4 cadillac eldorados all cmpletely identical
2 buik riviera's
2 austin healey mk 3000's
1 datsun something or other
1 BMW 88' 318
1 porsche 994
....then he had kids and drove mini vans cuz my mom refused to
now he drives a '98 lincoln navigator
mother: first and only car she ever owned herself was a subaru sedan . then i came along and now she drives average cars. she currently drives a 2001 chrysler 300M special edition (chrome rims which i hate)
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com
Ad Management by RedTyger