Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66) General discussion and technical help for all year 7 series cars.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
QcMarque

Name: QcMarque
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 740i
Part#

Was wondering if anyone knew or knew where to get the part # for the plastic fasteners that hold the chrome trim on the kidney grille of an E23? I tried realoem and pelicanparts without avail, and don't have the ETK installed here at work (and of course BMW dealerships won't give out part #s over the phone)...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Just go to the dealership. It can't be more than $2 for a clip. Sheesh! Well it is an e23, they'll have to order it.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:34 AM   #3
QcMarque

Click here to set it up.
Still though, lol, I John @ KOPerformance will beat any price w/ free shipping guaranteed so I try to do all my ordering through them. I need 6 of 'em, and if I can only pay $6 or less instead of maybe $12... ya know? I'm already ordering other screws/grommets and the seal for my sunroof. I suppose if I have to I'll swing by the dealership.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I bet you could find clips close enough for the job at an auto parts store
Old 12-13-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
The guys at Bavauto (call them) can get you those - they have a collection of old cats & micr-fische discs and still have access to older parts. There's a huge BMW distributor in NJ that supports alot of REALOEMS stuff that carries stuff - in stock. (I got my M5 factory springs through them for almost less than half$ than ANYBODY was offering - set of 4- $186.00 shipped)
Old 12-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #6
BMWLotAttendant

Click here to set it up.
Cmon, they're clips. You got me going. I'm going to try and find how much they cost. $12 per clip? You got to be kidding me!

Acutally, it would be cheaper for me, there are SOME benefits to the job. I'll check it out, and get back with you. If I can get 6 of them, I'll bring them to you personally.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
^^^ can you get EVERY part from the parts place?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:35 PM   #8
QcMarque

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant
Cmon, they're clips. You got me going. I'm going to try and find how much they cost. $12 per clip? You got to be kidding me!

Acutally, it would be cheaper for me, there are SOME benefits to the job. I'll check it out, and get back with you. If I can get 6 of them, I'll bring them to you personally.
No no no, lol... I was saying if they were $2 a clip I'd be spending $12. I've found some similar, but are too big, at the auto store and they're about $2.50 apiece.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:00 PM   #9
BMWLotAttendant

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
^^^ can you get EVERY part from the parts place?
Hello? I do work at an authorzied BMW dealership.
BMW does make alot of BMWs, and they have a parts department for a reason. So, yes, I can get anything BMW makes or has parts for any BMW made car. For example: one of our customers, and a friend has an 88 M6. He orders parts from our dealership when he needs things. We also have accessories to the cars they make, I can get those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcMarque
No no no, lol... I was saying if they were $2 a clip I'd be spending $12. I've found some similar, but are too big, at the auto store and they're about $2.50 apiece.
No, seriously, I will check into this. My parts guy that I normally ask is gone. I don't know how long, but he should be back any day now. I'll check with him to see how much they are. I asked the body shop guy, and he said that they wern't more than $1-$2, and for me to talk to that guy that is gone. So if you aren't in any hurry, I'll have him check it out and get back with you.

Unless you stopped by the dealership today. I wonder what they said?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #10
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
^Back off on making the dealership the best place to go, its not you can get parts from other places for much less money. Oh and I think there are some parts that are not going to be available from the parts department or why don't you look into finding me some euro bumper trim?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
QcMarque

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant
No, seriously, I will check into this. My parts guy that I normally ask is gone. I don't know how long, but he should be back any day now. I'll check with him to see how much they are. I asked the body shop guy, and he said that they wern't more than $1-$2, and for me to talk to that guy that is gone. So if you aren't in any hurry, I'll have him check it out and get back with you.

Unless you stopped by the dealership today. I wonder what they said?
Yeah, I hardly have time to stop by the local dealership since I work swing shift... and as I stated before they won't give out part #s over the phone. If you get a part # before I do (probably in the next week I'll be able to get to the locat dealership) please let me know. Thanks a million!
Old 12-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
BMWLotAttendant

Click here to set it up.
Sounds good to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:26 PM   #13
QcMarque

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is
^Back off on making the dealership the best place to go, its not you can get parts from other places for much less money. Oh and I think there are some parts that are not going to be available from the parts department or why don't you look into finding me some euro bumper trim?
I've found the dealership the best place to get part #s, they're the most expensive for the general consumer... but a great place to start getting info.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
^Might be good for part numbers but this guy preaches about the dealership, i can't blame him I might if I worked for one (only if i got some sweet discounts on parts). But comon the main demographic of this site are younger people who don't want to shell out the kind of cash that dealers demand. I got some parts from the dealer not long ago and paid twice what I would have if I ordered new parts online plus shipping costs, if it wasn't a last minute desision I would have chosen otherwise.

I also don't get not giving out part numbers over the phone, why not?

Qumark what your talking about I might guess is very similar to the clips that hold the e30 grill in place, I would check it out on realoem but it appears that their site is down.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #15
QcMarque

Click here to set it up.
when you take the kidneys out, they're the clips that hold the chrome to the black plastic. they're like the plastic spreader clips for screws, but instead of a screw there's a 'pin' you push in to spread the bottom out so they'll hold the pieces together.
Looks kinda like this: