Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Dr1ve4fun

Name: Dr1ve4fun
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 237 / 340
Your Ride: 1985 325e
Question why aren't people more apreciative?..

Ok...so I have been helping my sister out with watching her kids because she has to work and shes in a divorce with a custody dispute and everything..I have been here for like idk.. a lond fucking time and I need a break..It was origionally that I would just be watching my two year old nephew at night..But it has gotten to where I am watching him and my five year old neice almost all the time..and taking the fucking trash out and doing the dishes.. I have just been doing everything she asks me to avoid an argument cus I know how she is..I mean I lived with her for around ten years before she moved out..Anyways..yesterday my nephew got into her purse and dumped it out all over the place and the halloween candy..It was in the morning before I was even up. She was fucking yelling at me for it..So I got pissed off and went and locke myself in the room that I sleep in here and she managed leave me alone..But now she is being a total BITCH. I am going back home tomorrow but only until friday..I'm not getting paid or anything for doing this bullshit..just a lot of headaches and getting behind in school..at least I do it online though..so I can get caught up. But still Iv done everything she has asked of me and she still manages to yell at me and be a bitch in general..I didn't even mention saying yes to watching the kids so she could go on fucking dates and to parties..So..now that iv wasted however much of your time..Why aren't people more appreciative of things when you go out of your way to accomodate them?

P.S. keep in mind I am only 16..as far as watching the dam kids..I should be at my house and my friends houses not stuck here..I havnt even been able to see my car for two weeks..I miss her..
Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
dam man. Life comes with responsibility. Family should always be first, but it seems she might be taking advantage of you. Let her know how u feel.

Things might change for the better that way?

If you only give someone your finger, they are still gonna want ur whole arm.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 11-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
That's not fair to you at all. She needs to look after her own kids in her off time
Old 11-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #4
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
My pastor always says "no good deed shall go unpunished." Life is not fair
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Dr1ve4fun

yeah..thats the only reason why I am helping her cus shes family..She knows that shes been taking advantage though..I told her before and she decided to ignore it..But now she kind of has to listen cus if she doesnt shel be fucked..I almost wasn't even going to go home this week but I refused to stay here..I said i would walk if I had to..evem though I would jsut get a ride since it's all the way on the other side of town.. I think she may have finally figured it out yesterday though when I jsut quit doing everything except watching the kids when she left..She even did her own dishes!! idk hopefully she gets it now..My mom has been pissed at her though cus when I first came heere she had internet so I could do school but her cable got shut off..and shes been ignoring my mom about like everything..Oh well..I can just think of being home tomorrow morning.. lol I hope they don't lol..

Last edited by Dr1ve4fun; 11-06-2006 at 02:13 PM..
Old 11-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #6
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Man that sucks, I think at some point you have to let your sister know whats going on and that you need a break and they are her kids and she has to do a little more. Its great that your helping her out but everyone has their limits and she should understand that and help you out. Good luck and i hope it all works out.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
Dr1ve4fun

Yeah..she already knows though..I should only be here from friday afternoon troughh tuesday morning from now on til she finds someone else..
Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 AM   #8
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Yeah, I agree.

I understand that you don't want to do it all all, but you should tell her that you don't mind watching her kids on certian conditions....
1) You be paid to watch her kids
2) Paid additionally or inclusive of additional work/chores (dishes, cleaning, etc).

BUT, First of all....you aren't being paid. Next topic is the family responsibilty. Yes, you are her sister, but you would still like to be treated NICELY for doing her a FAVOR in watching her kids without being compensated. Another thing, you are getting behind in school, and that's not a good thing at all. I don't care if you go to public, private, or online. Getting behind on your education is not a good sign.

Tell her that you are making sacrafices (your friends, your time, your life, your school, your car, etc.) and doing this out of the goodness of your heart and the fact that she's family and you don't want to see your nephew and niece be corrupted by some wierd babysitter.

It would be nice of her to TURN the cable (internet AND tv ) back on and for you to be paid for you to continue any longer in this demanding job. Unless you have any other compromises you want in leiu of being paid.

I hope it gets better for ya!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:46 AM   #9
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Words to live by : "Once it's a favor, Twice it's a gig"

Granted your sister is having a tough time, and you're stepping up to help her out - BUT don't let her get dependant on your generousity. People (especially family) get too comfortable with situations and take advantage (most times unintentionally) but you're filling a void in their life that easily gets overlooked especially when filled by a family member. A bigger example is when family lends other family members money - the importance of pay back is not taken as seriously as it would if cash was borrowed from a bank or creditor.
Like you said you're only 16, but you're getting a crash course on life - if you're not happy in the situation or feel you're being taken advantage of tell her (as you did us) and if she can't accept your reasons then it's time for her to make other arrangements - like paying for daycare. Don't let others' guilt trips anchor your life, if you do you'll be a slave multiple times over in your life until you shake the guilt trips.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:09 PM   #10
BMWLotAttendant

Click here to set it up.
And the verdict?
Old 11-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #11
BMW328is

Name: BMW328is
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 BMW 328is Boston Green/Sand Leather
Tell your sister its $10 an hour without chores and $15 an hour with them included.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #12
Dr1ve4fun

sorry..I forgot about this..I told her that she was taking advantage of me and she doesn't really think she is..She can't afford to pay me is the reason why she wasn't. I probably don't have to go back for a while anyways though because my mom and I decided that she isn't being responsable enough with anything..and me being there was actually allowing her to blow other things off because I was watching the kids. So until she can be a little more proactive at getting things done..and until i'm caught up in school I don't have to go back..now I just have to get 40 lessons done..
Old 11-17-2006, 01:52 AM   #13
BMWLotAttendant

Click here to set it up.
Good I'm glad you told her in a nice way and that it didn't blow up on your end and cause a family chaos because of this situation.

Patiences with the homework, do it right. It'll pay off in the end. Well I hope it does, I'm almost done with college, I'll tell you how it goes after I graduate in May.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 AM   #14
Dr1ve4fun

lol school is easy for me..i get broed with it cus i dont feel challenged..thats why im in the online..i ditched too much..i still got good grades..so idk w/e. I know il regret it when I start applying for different colleges...