Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E36
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E36 General discussion and technical help for (E36) 1992-1999 3 series cars. 318, 323, 325, 328.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
Mercenary(FH)

Name: Mercenary(FH)
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 286 / 340
Your Ride: 1993 BMW 325is
2 questions, pissed of bimmers and engines?

1st of all, I really like want to look inside my engine,not to do anything but just look inside, and I was wondering what all i need to take off to look, or is it just the valve cover?

and 2nd.....the most important
do yall like ever like.....second guess bmws. i mean they are getting old, and very little things like sunroof rattles, and door panels peeling off
does it ever make u look back and go? Why ddi I buy this, and if U didnt and U knew this was gonna happened, would U still get it?
dont get me wrong I love my bmw, some little things annoy me. but god it's fun to drive. So I was curious how everyone else feels?

and as far as repairs go, bmw's seem to have reliable engines dont u think? it's just the little things that annoy us? anyone agree
Old 10-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #2
defkon99

Name: defkon99
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 50 / 340
Your Ride: 1993 E36
here, here, i do indeed like i gotta buy some of those stupid door panel clips because mu passenger side door panel is hangin. but once i get um tada! all fixed
Old 10-23-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Yea, ther have been numerous times ive just been fed up with my car for what ever reason. usually just some stupid noise which i know is a worn part and i need to replace. My cars old this shit happens. Ive kept my car and im glad i have. The only way ill sell it is if the replacement is either an E39 M5 or an Alpina B10 (E34 or E39).

Did you know that the Alpina B10 BiTurbo is faster than a Ferrari Testerossa? Not bad for a car weighing almost 4000lbs.

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 10-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by defkon99
here, here, i do indeed like i gotta buy some of those stupid door panel clips because mu passenger side door panel is hangin. but once i get um tada! all fixed
I buy those by the bag, 'coz I'm constantly popping the panels off to do one thing or another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary(FH)
but god it's fun to drive.
'nuff said.

You have no idea how many things I've replaced on my '92, starting with the first week I got it, the headlight switch crapped out on me. I've probably spent as much on repairs as I did on the car by now. And there are dozens of other makes and models that pull away from me off the line at the light. But I guarantee you my smile is bigger than theirs at the end of each and every drive

Last edited by Dudesky; 10-23-2006 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Yeah I had crap with my car when I got it. First the A/C compressor went out, then the back right window wouldn't roll up, after that I had a leak that I could not effing find (transmission pan), But after all that was finally fixed I'm glad I went through it
Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
people who drive other cars have complaints and problems with their cars too. there is no perfect car, coz if there was, everyone would have it. but to me, BMW comes pretty damn close.

IMHO you can drive a BMW, have probs every now and again, but smile and look back at it when you park (i know i do). or you can drive a kia/hyundai, have probs, and kick the car after parking it.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
Mercenary(FH)

Name: Mercenary(FH)
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 286 / 340
Your Ride: 1993 BMW 325is
So the door panel is a clip.....i noticed one side was missing a white clip thingy........so could that be it to keep it.....actually staying to the door?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
heh.

yea i felt this way today when i spent another 60 at the repair shop.

but as stated above all cars have problems. I think owning a BMW just maes the problems more obvious and annoying because we want it to be perfect. no one really cares about their Kia.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 10-23-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
RSF5

yeah^^^
Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Like read my like rant on like this. j/k with the likes....

But really, I feel that way every single freakin time I gotta take my skinny wallet out to fork over another grand in "routine maintenence" bullshit. But, then when I peel out or take a hard curve, damn. I just forget all about my wieghtless wallet.

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 10-23-2006, 09:11 PM   #11
Numark318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyea
Like read my like rant on like this. j/k with the likes....

But really, I feel that way every single freakin time I gotta take my skinny wallet out to fork over another grand in "routine maintenence" bullshit. But, then when I peel out or take a hard curve, damn. I just forget all about my wieghtless wallet.

Dough
well said.
i can to that.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #12
V-tecKILLAH

Name: V-tecKILLAH
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
And there are dozens of other makes and models that pull away from me off the line at the light. But I guarantee you my smile is bigger than theirs at the end of each and every drive
Very true... If you are loosing faith in any bimmer,,, Cruise ( not race ) at high speeds. Not only is it very comfortable ( for real doesnt 110 sometimes only feel like 65) but alot of makes and models cannot even keep up with an open BMW. BMW is a whole different breed!! Peolple who say " Oh I can't stand BMW's" are just scared to own a real car which one of top 5 safest makes in the world. Like I tell my homies, any car that you mention there is a bimmer that would clean that shit up!! Don't let door panel clips and minor maintance issuse discourage you!! Trust me I've owned 3 e36's and 1 e39 and my girl now owns a e36 after the fix is done nothing else really matters.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #13
B_w.

Name: B_w.
Rate My Car: 61 / 340
Your Ride: turbo e36
i have not had any serious problems with mine yet. keep it well maintained and you will be rewarded everytime you get in.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #14
RSF5

It's frustrating when it's broken, but you have to live for the moment. The moment when you make eye contant with your mother in her Volvo SUV as you power slide through the intersection she's sitting at. I didn't drive for a while.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #15
Numark318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
The moment when you make eye contant with your mother in her Volvo SUV as you power slide through the intersection she's sitting at. I didn't drive for a while.
hahah
owned

Thats like passing ur parents at 100mph on a two lane highway. U have to jut keep going..and not pick up ur phone.