Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66) General discussion and technical help for all year 7 series cars.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
Rich mercedes

Name: Rich mercedes
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002 745i
nav. video/audio interface

Once again I would like to thank you guys for the advise on my last thread (looking for a busniess cd for an E65). My 2002 E65 is good to go, being that I let the dealer do what they are known for. It cost me a pretty penny, but the car is working like its suppose to. In my last thread I stated that my car had Aftermarket: Tv's, Dvd, Cd changer, Ipod Video, a rear camara, and a custom system. All these toys are no longer operable being that I had to remove the aftermarket radio and put back the original Cd player that came with the car. Due to the fact that I began to experience alot of programing issues. A suggestion was made that a nav. audio/video interface will solve my problem. I am reaching out to all you knowledgeable guys for advise in what would be the best thing to do in my situation. This car has over 10gs of work into it and I would hate to loose out, but I want my cake and I would love to eat it to. I work hard so it's only right to play hard.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
I'll check into it.

I know I've seen many BMWs with aftermarket "toys"....tv screens, cd changer, all that you say. We have a 2003 M5 with all those aftermarket stuff....We (or the customer) had them removed BUT, the audio/video interface might still be there. If it works for an e39, it's got to work for an e65.

I'll get back with you on this one. I'd like to see what other people have to say about this. Specifically Rooz, he knows alot about audio stuff.....as well as Komodo. He had TONS of aftermarket stuff on his e36 (Computers, PS2, DVD screens, on and on.)....he should know.

But, other than that.

Is your radio is working....CD player? CD changer maybe?
Old 10-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
Rich mercedes

Name: Rich mercedes
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002 745i
I just got the car back from BMW and everything that came with the car is working plus the car is fully programed. Once again I thank you guys for the advise. Like I mentioned before I had an aftermarket Alpine radio, dvd and cd changer, they all worked together. I don't thing that I am going to be as lucky with the original BMW cd player. I am thankful for any information you guys can provide.