Hey guys I know I have not been on in a looong time... anyways I need major help. My car will not start here is a list of things I have checked.
The car will turn and the engine cranks but there seems to be missing that last step of the actual start of the engine. The check engine light is also on.
I have checked the following:
1) Battey, the voltage across the battery is approx 12V (I dont have a digital meter so the needle is at 12V)
2) The car code check returns 1444 which indicates no faults.
3) Removed the connector to the spark plug and put a screw driver into the connector and tried to start the car, there were sparks.
4) Fuses for fuel pump and fuel pump relay the fuses are not blow.
5) Jump the car. The engine still just cranks and wont start.
I have changed the following in the last day just before the problems started:
1) front breaks and wear sensor
2) air filter
I actually had a problem with starting the car on tuesday afternoon, it started idled for about a 5 seconds and then stalled. After 2 attempts of starting the engine, I tried starting it while pressing the gas pedal, and the car started right up and idled fine and drove fine. I drove the car for about 25 miles after that and stopped and restarted the car about 3 times later that day/night after the trouble.
This morning I go to start my car and I have the same problem. The car starts and then stalled after about 3 seconds. I try to restart but this time pressing on the gas pedal while cranking the engine. Nothing worked. The car did not start after repeated attempts.
Any thoughts.. HELP!!!