Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 08-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Cellardoor

Name: Cellardoor
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 95 M3
buying a business mayb?

Hey guys,

So there is a shotgun/skeet range near my house that the owner is thinking of selling (he just wants to retire) and im really interested in buying it. It comes with ALOT of land wich is nice but will also make the business more expensive to buy but i have thought it over and i really thinkg that its worth the risk. The reason im posting this here is im looking for any advice or information that you guys can give me to help get me started on the whole daunting process of buying and running a buisness. I guess my 2 major concers are how to effectivly put together a buiesness plan, and where to look (other then straight bank loans and all that jazz) for funds to get started, im interesting in mayb finding an investor but i understand they are few and far between. SO anyone that could give me any advice or point me to any helpful info i would really appreciate it. and hell if i get the business we will have a UB.C cook out and shoot ! lol

-Hutch-

If life passes you by...............Downshift
Old 08-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Well if we still had Edwin around i bet hed be your investor.

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 08-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #3
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
Click here to set it up.
WORD OF WARNING on gun ranges . check into if there would have to be any kind of cleanup on all the years of lead shot or any D.E.P. rules that they place would have to be brought up to code on.

other than that a skeet or trap range is really the only place to MAKE money at a gun range. as you charge for the round of clays, and can easily hold competitions and there is almost always a good number of people willing to shoot.

i dont know much about the majority of the business start up stuff. but i can offer some advice to add a little extra cash in the pocket
see if the NRA offers any subsidising for start up ranges, talk to manufacturers of arms and shells to see if you can get some money for putting up thier banners

and last of all let me know where this place is. im going trap shooting today at 5. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
Cellardoor

Name: Cellardoor
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 95 M3
yea the one good thing hoppy is that it is already a thriving buisness that will just be changing hands, not to mention i already about 50 (lol) ideas on how to boost profits. Thanks for the word of caution about clean up and such ill b sure to look into that. Tomm im calling and hopefuly talking to a S.C.O.R.E.S rep they are a free group that offer help and advice for young entrepreneurs. Then im calling the owner and telling him im interested.

The range is in South Kinston RI. If i get this going u will have to come on down and fire off some rounds and cook some burgers and such.

-Hutch-

If life passes you by...............Downshift