These plans are alive and well again with a date finally! Final details will be worked out in the next week or two, but basically here is the brief info:
September 23rd, 2006
Roof Top in Downtown Spokane for a quick meet and greet + Photoshoot
To be decided but sometime in early afternoon/late morning. I want to schedule this for a time so the peeps from Pullman and surrounding areas can come up that morning and make it for the meet/drive.
: Through downtown Spokane and onto I90 East in a nice orderly fashion.
: Downtown Coeur D'Alene to fill up on gas because it's like 30 cents cheaper over there
: St. Regis, Montana. Total about 130 Miles or so which depending on the speeds can be as little as an hour and a half or as much as 2 hour. This is a very nice and scenic drive with some good straights and twsity roads. 2 Lane roads in each direction so making dangerous passes isn't necessary. These is also very little traffic and drivers tend to do at least 80-90 anyways and the police (if we happen to encouter any in Montana are very friendly and will probably gives us a :thumbs: )
: Coming back West, we will stop at a spot on the pass where it overlooks the whole valley for some photo's, donuts and more
It's a very large area easily fitting 30 cars or more.
: Silver Dollar Restaurant for Dinner/Lunch. Awesome food and a very famous place. I will call and reserve a table for as many people are confirmed within the next 2 weeks.
To be decided. More then likely going to plan a hangout at someone's house (possibly mine if we're moved in by then) or a park to take some pictures and possibly have a small BBQ if people are still hungry.
Estimating 5-6 Hours which would leave plenty of time for people to make it back before it's too dark and still hit the bars. I should note, we will probably be celebrating two people's birthday's this night who will be on the drive so for those of you who are 21, this means a night out on the town :thumbs:
Roughly 260, easily one take of gas to and from should do it.
1) No Passing Lead Car - I'm going to set a lead car (kind of like a pace car) for those to follow. He will not do excessive speeds, but will keep it interesting enough to make the drive fun, yet safe.
2) No Alcohol/drugs while on the drive (obvious)
3) Basic common sense for driving. Don't do something stupid that could ruin it for the rest. I want this drive to be a model for all future drives. I will remove a driver from the drive if I have to. Simple as that.
4) Have fun. Simple as that, it's probably the last drive of the year in Eastern, Wa so enjoy it.
Who Is Welcomed:
Basically anyone who wants to come. One of my good friends will be on the drive in his Stage 4+ WRX so all makes and models are welcomed, though it'll mostly be BMW. And more then likely, group shots with be with only BMWs
No price, just buy your own gas and food.
What to Bring:
1) Radar Detectors
4) Two-way radio's (I have a couple of extra sets too)
5) Working car
6) Co-Pilot so someone can take pics and videos :thumbs:
Picture of the Route:
More info to come as it becomes available... so lets start a list on who is coming...
1) Jrhaile (Driving E36)
2) Robbie (Driving my E30)
3) KJohnson E36 M3
4) Mike R E36 M3
5) Jshep E36 328is
6) Tony E46 328i
7) KDavis E36 M3
8) Sal E36 325is
9) Khaile E36 325i