Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
CAPiTUL

Name: CAPiTUL
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
Summer from Hell

When it rains, it pours, ladies and gentlemen.

Let me break down my summer for you:
First day of summer break after a long year of teaching - my bimmer gets wrecked by some dude who decides to put his car into reverse whilst waiting at a stopsign. Nearly a month and a half later, I get my car back.

During that month, the girl I was with for nearly 10 years (8 1/2 solid years and then 1 1/2 trying to work it out) and have a child with decides things aren't working out and says we'd be better as friends. Now, things weren't working out that well this past year, but still. I was hoping they would work out in the end if we could stick through the difficulties, so it kinda sucks.

Also, I think my ex-boss is blackballing me from getting another teaching job. Me and the principal didn't see eye-to-eye on the direction education in America is heading. I've had 11 interviews or so and haven't received a one offer. I have been NAILING the interviews, too! Well, all except 2 of them. 2 interviews I didn't do well on. Also, I received perfect marks on everyone of my performance evaluations since I started teaching 2 years ago. Now, I have to contact the union and open up an investigation. Each place was excited about me until they called my school.

Anyway, I get my car back and bring it in to have the transmission looked at, as it was acting up before the wreck and was still covered under their 100 day, 3000 mile warranty. Well, this was on Monday. They say, drop it off and it should be done tuesday afternoon. Had to replace a couple of internal parts and the drive shaft was adjusted slightly. They do that but guess what? It didn't resolve the problem. Still had issues. They then say, for the next 2 days, the car is in diagnosis and they aren't sure what is really wrong with it. Well, 6 o'clock yesterday I get a call and they say they are just going to replace the tranny with a rebuilt and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow late in the afternoon (today). Today comes, I call them, and it is being worked on. I'm thinking, okay - good!

Well, 6pm rolls around and I get a call. I'm excited now. I want my car back. He tells me, I can't get it back today. I say, why not? Is it not put back together in time? He goes, we put everything back together but this tranny isn't working. . . . . . . WTF man?!?!? He says, we're going to wait and see now what happens next. I have an idea, how about just getting a NEW fucking tranny! This whole time, I haven't even had a service loaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! I try explaining to him how I am supposed to leave for NY tonight and that I also have to tend to business in Toronto this week. He says I may be able to get a loaner on Monday, but it can't leave the state. WTF man?!?!?!?!!? As a result, I must now get a rental car to go out of state and will not be able to depart until tomorrow morning. This has been the shittiest summer I can recall.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I almost hit an entire family of racoons on Sunday? I ended up hitting one, unfortunately. As a result, some plastic piece fell off the bottom front left side of the car. Also, from breaking hard, one of my fogs almost fell out. It was sticking out a good 3 inches! So, after this is all over, I still have to bring it back to the shop and tell them about their shoddy craftsmenship!

I know things could be worse and I am thankful for things I do have. But damn is it fucking frustrating sometimes! I would like things to go smoothly at some point. I'm telling you.
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!

Last edited by CAPiTUL; 07-21-2006 at 09:56 PM..
Old 07-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #2
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
sorry to hear all that man. so your principal is giving you bad references or something? bastard. i didnt think they could do that.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
CAPiTUL

Name: CAPiTUL
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
Legally, they can not. But, what is legal and what is done is a different matter. All they are supposed to be able to ask is, if I am eligible for rehire. I am 100% eligible for rehire. I am going to have the Union look into it. Before I do, though, I need to speak to my department head and make sure I can use her as a reference. I'm going to try and move back up North, I think. When they ask who my supervisor was, I'll give her instead of the administration. I can't do that here in-county, though, as all the administrators know eachother.
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!
Old 07-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #4
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Wow. I dunno what to say. People need to be better. I hope things look better soon
Old 07-21-2006, 11:14 PM   #5
Cellardoor

Name: Cellardoor
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 95 M3
damn man i hope everything works out for u that is a rather shitty summer! good luck with everything.

-Hutch-

If life passes you by...............Downshift
Old 07-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #6
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
CAP - I don't know what kind of teacher you are, but you should know better than to tie all these situations together. It only amplifies your anger & blood pressure. Address each one on it's own merits.
#1) Trans issues - cars aren't human, they're only built by humans and serviced by humans (who aren't always the sharpest blade in the knife drawer- right?)
#2) Babe issue - was great for 8 right? Then the last 1+ been rough - right? Does it come as a surprise there were some doubts? Did you know once a relationship has serious problems the possibility of salvaging it is like 1 in 400? Don't let romance get confused with rational thought. "If the milk in the fridge goes bad - it's not going to be better 3 days later" - OR - "you can't fix a moving train while it's moving" (relationships are always moving and raely stop for fixing - mostly just assumptions of how to fix)

Just trying to help you sort out things to keep things in perspective and not cloud your REAL actual thoughts. (easier said than done - I know)
Old 07-21-2006, 11:27 PM   #7
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
clapton, you're possibly the most inspirational person i've ever known... and i don't even know you outside of UB.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
Click here to set it up.
hey man, lifes a bitch. if it wasnt, then everyone could do it. and always remember, what ever has happened today. tommorow, the sun WILL rise. and you will be one day tougher, one day older. a privilage denied to far too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Inspirational? no, just alot of "mileage" & experiences both good & bad. I try to pass on the good ones so you guys (and babes) don't fall to hard or deep in some of lifes' potholes. It's a perspective you accumulate with lots of travel & meeting folks who get by with less and are still pretty happy folks. None of us were born with an owners manual or a map.

3 good thoughts to live by :
#1) Always try to do the right thing (regardless of what others think)
#2) Don't bitch or whine - make the best of a bad situation(s) - you'll get through it faster if you accept it and deal with it, rather than stare & point at it crying the blues.
#3) Laugh & ALOT - for every day you laugh at least once you gain a day - So I laugh & try to make others smile/laugh lots everyday. It offsets all the bullshit that goes on around us.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 AM   #10
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
c1apton's right, there's an unhealthy tendency to tie everything together as a whole package. I'm still learning how to view the tough points in life as challenges rather than stressors.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Stay strong my friend, everything will be ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
The universe tends to unfold it's self in misterious ways

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.