Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 05-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Unfair Cop Story

I saw this cop story posted on a mercades enthusiast site and found it interesting. This guy drives a nice CLK. Whatcha think:

Quote:
well this morning i woke up at 8am to drive my GF to her apt so she could get ready to go over her parents. i was going east on the BQE towards queens when i passed a highway patrol car with lights on writing an audi s4 up right before the metropolitan/williamsburgh bridge exit. they always hide out over there and my V1 always goes off and did so this time as well.

after i drop her off i get back on the BQE and head west towards staten island. i see him again with lights on pulling some guy in a BMW over right after the metropolitan exit. i was in the far right lane going the same speed as everyone else and figured id get in the middle lane in case he or the guy he pulled over opened their door.

i keep driving and right before the brooklyn bridge exit he comes flying up on me at like 90mph and puts his lights on. he gets on the loud speaker and tells me to get off at the next exit.

i get off the expressway and he comes over to the car and asks for license, registration and insurance card. i give him everything and my PBA card/shield cause my uncle is an officer out of manhattan south task force.

he then tells me if i had any drinks and to follow his finger. i laughed and said come on man its 8:30 in the AM and i just dropped my girl off and im on my way to staten island for mothers day. he said i failed the finger test and to turn the car off and get out of the car slowly.

at this point, im like wtf. i hadnt been drinking in the AM and not since like 10pm the night before, hadnt taken any drugs or smoked and weed. my eyes were a little puffy and my allergies were acting up.

he has me do a few more sobriety tests and let me tell you, even sober they are not easy. i failed a few of them when i lost balance after he told me to keep my head up and back, eyes closed and heels together. i really cant believe whats going on.

after the bullshit tests he asks me who do i know whos on the force, so i tell him my uncle. he then asks me to call him and i asked if i could get my cell out of the car. when i opened the passenger side door, there was a bottle of cranberry juice on the floor. he asked to see it and smelled it and dumped half out then was satisfied there was no vodka or booze in there.

heres the good part. i asked him if i could take a breathalyzer that way it would clear up any doubts he had and i could go on my way. he tells me yea but that he didnt only pull me over for that but also because he clocked me going 70 in a 45. i said what???? can i please see your radar gun cause i have a radar detector and it didnt pick up KA, K or laser. he tells me, NO and that he didnt clock me with his gun or pace me, HE EYEBALLED ME and that hes trained to catch speeders with his eye. i almost pissed myself, lol. i said, what? are you kidding me, thats horseshit. i get my uncle on the cell and give the phone to the highway patrol officer.

he has me standing outside for a good 15 minutes before getting on the loud speaker and telling me to come over to the cruiser.

he gives me all my stuff and cell back and tells me that hes letting me off with a warning and out of respect for my uncle and that if he ever pulls me over again on the BQE or belt pkwy, im getting ticketed. i was still like wtf, and i told him that. the whole stop was bullshit. if he really thought i was drunk there was no way any PBA card would get you off. he said that cause he thought my eyes twitched while he was doing the finger test and that meant to him that i was drunk or on drugs. this guy was a real douche bag and was just another time that i have been pulled over for no reason and just another reason to have less and less respect for these jerkoffs.

sorry for the long post, just had to rant. at one point during all the sobriety tests i started to think, is this guy for real, what if i keep failing these stupid tests and he locks me up and impounds my car.

Old 05-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
makes me hate cops even more, who's the guys uncle?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
RealBmw 02

Name: RealBmw 02
Title: GRIP > DRIFT
Rate My Car: 76 / 340
that is so messed up that he would get treated that way. i guess I am lucky since I have always been treated the opposite way by cops. which goes to show that all cops aren't bad, but some can be complete assholes

1970 BMW 2002
Driven by skill, not money
"Real BMW's have round tail lights"
Old 05-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
devinwwu

Name: devinwwu
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 49 / 340
Your Ride: `00 540i6 Alpine White, `96 740iL Aspen Silber
they definitely go both ways. i've met a few cool guys but for the most part they've all been pretty lame (usually i'm not doing anything either) the only time i was pulled over for something i WAS actually doing the guy was real nice
Old 05-08-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
komodo

The cops have always been strict with me. Everytime I get pulled over, I get a ticket. Never had a warning or anything

Old 05-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
Addicted?

Name: Addicted?
Title: 350z
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 350z Track Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
The cops have always been strict with me. Everytime I get pulled over, I get a ticket. Never had a warning or anything
i get warnings all the time! i mean hell i got pulled over and put in the cop car for reckless driving, and still got away with a warning haha! anyways that cop in the story had no right to do any of that! the eyeball thing made my crack up laughing i would probably spit on him if he told me that jp. anyways i would make the cop buy me a new juice though!

David
Old 05-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
beem

Name: beem
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 540/6 Dinan S2(sold), '90 525i/5, '01 Audi S4
i hate cops with a passion but not all of them are asses.. i had an experience of gettin pulled over in my friends jeep for a cracked windshield ( i was in the back) with alcohol in my system when i was 18.. The cops breathalized all of us, me and my 2 friends.. They wouldnt show us the breathalazer results for our driver though.. They claimed that he was a 0.00.. that was complete BS!! he HAD drunk earlier

They locked me in the back of their car cause i lied (probably teaching me a lesson - yes it worked! - i havent drank and driven since ) threatening that if we run they'd taser us with their taser guns.. The worst part is that i was the only on in the back of the pigmobile! My friends were outside chatting with the cop.. Now he also had a student in the front of the car observing and recording.. And this was around midnight so that couldve been their shift change.. I dunno.. Something made them nice.. But whatever it was, we got hella lucky! They just let us go!!

...let's go to the highway!
Member of the Spririted Driver Club.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #8
wax

Name: wax
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 230 / 340
time to start blaring some nwa... god i hate pigs.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax
time to start blaring some nwa... god i hate pigs.
Fuck da police !

And in case you guys didn't know, cops are trained to 'eyeball' and can give tickets based on the 'eyeballing'... if you think they can't try to fight one in court.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:57 PM   #10
beem

Click here to set it up.
i am pretty sure that they need to be licensed for that.. and very few cops are.. i know this because my friend fought one in court and won.. the guys licensing expired a day before he pulled him over.. this was either in NY or MI.. different states may have different rules as well

Old 05-08-2005, 07:00 PM   #11
komodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beem
i am pretty sure that they need to be licensed for that.. and very few cops are
Wait, are you being serious? lol

Old 05-08-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
RealBmw 02

Name: RealBmw 02
Title: GRIP > DRIFT
Rate My Car: 76 / 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
Wait, are you being serious? lol

yes he is serius. Cops take classes and tests to get one of those licenses

1970 BMW 2002
Driven by skill, not money
"Real BMW's have round tail lights"
Old 05-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #13
komodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealBmw 02
yes he is serius. Cops take classes and tests to get one of those licenses
Like a cop can LOOK at your car and give you a ticket for speeding?

That's.... crazy/lame!

Old 05-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #14
beem

Click here to set it up.
yes.. pretty f'd up isnt it??

Old 05-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #15
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
They are very accurate though.. within a couple mph.