Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Regional Forums > UnitedBimmer Regionals & Events > Southeast Region
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Southeast Region Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee

Old 07-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
sar

Name: sar
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 316 / 340
GaTech Housing Roommate

I didn't get the housing I wanted through school so I'm now looking for housing throughout Home Park and may consider Centennial Apartments.

Price range:
Most of the stuff I'm looking at ends up being about $500 with utilities - or less. My goal is to beat the hefty charges of the school and still be withing good biking range.

About me:
Competitive in Waterskiing/Atlanta SCCA, Basketball/Football/Baseball fan, Involved heavily with CCF and GT Student Foundation. Light/casual/social drinker at most. Non smoker.

Stephen
Old 07-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #2
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Nice choice on Tech.....

*cough*

*cough*

no but seriously, nice choice some of my closest friends go to tech.

Tell me about this "light/casual/social drinker" part..... Thats a highly subjective statement there.... in some circles (hoppy's) light/casual/social means ten shots an hour. In other circles that means ten shots all night.

Two more things:

Get a bimmer... they rock! If you are a GA res and got into tech... you have HOPE... for now.... convince your parents to buy you a bimmer... you saved them $120k

Secondly: There's this frat house at tech that has a giant tiki bar/cabana w/ volly ball court in the back yard. And since in high school you were a "light/casual/social" drinker, you'll be heavily into the party scene once you get into college life..... rush this frat. they throw the best parties.... Proof of this fact is that i went to their party and can't remember their god damn name!

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 AM   #3
sar

Name: sar
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 316 / 340
haha

First, I'm a 2nd year + To Hell W/ Georgia.

Second, I'm already off of HOPE.

Third, Harry and Morgan give me enough BMW - if only Harry would go to the track or autocross with me. Believe me, I've wanted one since I saw a stocker handle an autocross... Though the RX-7 is nice too and I like that rotary engineering.I dream of the time when my parents would give me anything more than a reasonable birthday present, but fortunately they've made me buy and otherwise completely pay for every car, computer, gallon, maitenance, upgrade, insurance, etc on my own.

Fourth, not interested in TEK at all. Tau Episolon Kappa - on the 5th street/techwood interesection is a concrete house with the tiki look and volleyball in the back. They throw a lot of open parties.

O, and on the drinking part - light/casual typically means that the person will hold back on the several shots, but be ok drinking - beer after working out etc. Social means that the person restricts themselves to public (no depression) and may participate in drinking games if so inclined. I'm turning 21 this school year - alcohol nor college are new to me.

Last edited by sar; 07-05-2006 at 02:02 AM..