Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #16
ChrisWorrell

Name: ChrisWorrell
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheothernews
o seriously, im going to have to do that

and ya its a bullshit law, but honestly i feel more safe when i haev people in the car and im more cautious, im way less likely to speed blah blah blah cuz i simply dont want to mess up and get someone hurt or get caught
bullshit, i was 16 once, i drove with kids in my car, you are more tempted to try and show off 9 times outta 10. And yes there may be exceptions, but you cannot make one law for certain people and another for others. It is an amazingly good law to have in place.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #17
ChrisWorrell

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullethunter3
it's so kids who just started driving don't get distracted by their friends while driving. they aren't as experienced as older drivers so the state limits them to the amount of distractions they can have.
missouri also limits the hours of the day that newbs can drive. 1am to 5am is a no go here.
also, if your state is like MO, and you actually did get a ticket on an intermediate license, you might not be able to get your full license until you are 21.

if you have any more questions, i work at the DMV, so shoot away
My question, do you guys purposely work as slow as fucking possible
Old 06-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
ChrisWorrell

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheothernews
god damnit my car is a cop magnet ive had it for a month and the car has been pulled over 3 times, once when my brother was driving cuz he went through a stop sign, once cuz my mom didnt have tags and than i got screwed, i was coming home from hockey ( the rink is in hickville) and they think i stole the car and im underage and i have 4 people in my car, as soon as he walks up he asks me to step out of the car and i walk towards the back, he calls 3 other cops to the gas station so im standing there at 5'5 staring at these cops that are 6 something about to piss my pants cuz they think i stole the car i have drugs or alcohol in the car i have illegally tinted windows i have 4 girls in the car that are younger than me and i flat out have people in my car that im not suppose to have, i seriously thought i was going to be put in handcuffs and get arrested, to cut down on the story im at this gas station for an hour or 2 being interegated pretty much by this cops and waiting for my parents to come pickup the girls i was with...... tonight was going to be amazing and it turned out to be the worst night ever i now am grounded from my beautiful artic silver 328i for god knows how long and i haev a court date aug. 9 and i may lose my license at that time
and by the way your car is NOT a cop magnet. We live in Alpharetta, seeing a bmw is the norm. You are doing something irresponsible or wrong in your car that is drawing attention to yourself.

I drive a loud as shit red convertible mustang with music that is even louder then the exhaust, if anyone is a magnet in Alpharetta....I am.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #19
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorrell
i guess thats not only in CA.

Dam DMV. I once had an appointment..but they took three people in line before me...wtf is that. arg.

anyways...yea dont worry about it dude. As long as you get ur car back.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 06-27-2006, 03:27 PM   #20
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000
Ive been pulled over by 8 police cruisers and forced from my car at gun point,forced to the ground,handcuffed, and searched.
what the heck did the police think you did? good night!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #21
Bimmersrbest

Name: Bimmersrbest
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1992 325i 5-speed
Man pigs r fuckers man. I got pulled over in my home town because I had NE plates and I was in mequon, WI. The pig opened my door and ripped me out of my car. This cop knew me. In highschool he tried to bustes me for pot. So, he ripped my car apart and put me in the back of his car. Then we went down town man. All this was at a gas station at 1am. I had nothing on me. The mequon pigs keeped me over night and in the morning man. I was let go. My car was still at the gas station. I had to call my father who is a lawer. We stuided the shit out of thim and we won.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #22
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Quote:
LOL... That's #3 on my list for St. Peter -

#1) WTF is the "meaning of life?"
#2) WTF are babes thinking?
#3) Are DMV people paid by the minute or what?
#4) Who REALLY killed Kennedy?
#5) Where's Hoffa?
Old 06-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #23
xxxbimmer

Name: xxxbimmer
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 48 / 340
yea they will prob take ur liscense untill you are 18........ well thats what they would do here

being pulled over 3 times........my record is 2 times in an hour
Old 06-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #24
jeffrox

Name: jeffrox
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 318is
Quote:
and by the way your car is NOT a cop magnet. We live in Alpharetta, seeing a bmw is the norm. You are doing something irresponsible or wrong in your car that is drawing attention to yourself.

I drive a loud as shit red convertible mustang with music that is even louder then the exhaust, if anyone is a magnet in Alpharetta....I am.
I agree my Bimmer is bright red, with a loud exhaust, chrome pipes and i speed like an 18 year old. I have never been pulled over. You prolly just have to know what you can get away with and where you can do it at.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #25
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Quote:

it would work much, much faster if everyone had their shit

i waste about two hours a day on dumbasses who can't read
Old 06-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #26
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Quote:
bullshit, i was 16 once, i drove with kids in my car, you are more tempted to try and show off 9 times outta 10. And yes there may be exceptions, but you cannot make one law for certain people and another for others. It is an amazingly good law to have in place.

I agree. I don't recall a time i've been in your car that you've been going the speed limit. Or harry's car. Or Zak's Car. And ya know, flying out of the cul de sac has nothing to do with the fact that we were all standing out there either.

Brandon, people in your car is a distraction.

Brandon, i'm going to say this here to clear things up for everyone reading this. DO NOT fight anything in court. The cop made it very clear that you won't get enough points with this ticket to have your license suspended, BUT if you fight it, you're going to piss off a judge, they're going to bring up the tint infraction that they let you off with and you're going to get a harder time. They already let you off easy. Don't push it.

And suspicion of stolen property is most certainly reason to pull you ver.

Brandon also forgot to mention this wasn't in a parking lot. he plled into the gas station when the cop got behind him. The cop flashed the red and blues as soon as brandon passed him with his tinted windows closed and not breaking the speed limit. Because of that, you can't claim that he targeted you because you were a teenager... he couldn't see you.

And the lack of a license plate is a secondary offense, and thats why they pulled you over. (sidenote: in the state of georgia, there is no grace period on tags. if the car is on the road its required to have tags unless its fresh from the dealer lot. My mother learned this when she got pulled over for the same reason. There's no other reasonable option but it IS a primary offense.

they thought you stole the car once they realized you were a teenager driving a BMW in a county other than the county of purchase with a bunch of girls in the car.

you gotta give people all the details if you want them to understand. In the big picture, you got fucked, and you got fucked bad. But at the same time your dad did give you a warning about having people in the car less than a day and a half before the cop caught you. That was just stupid on your part.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.

Last edited by Chris; 06-28-2006 at 12:05 AM..
Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 AM   #27
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxbimmer
yea they will prob take ur liscense untill you are 18........ well thats what they would do here

being pulled over 3 times........my record is 2 times in an hour

my dad talked with the cop. This offense will max ut his point allotment. But he won't lose his license. If he gets one more point though before he turns 18, his license is gone. We cleared that up before we ever left the parking lot.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55 AM   #28
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
Click here to set it up.
that really sucks man, but I have to say the same as someone else, bullshit to the safer driver with people in the car. I showboated more when I had people in my car at first.

but i would ask them to provide probable cause that your car was stolen. And did they tell you right away what they suspected you of?

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 06-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #29
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
yeah in my old car I would try to show off a little when I first got manual down, before that I didn't want my friends riding with me because I thought I would stall or something haha.

Now I have an auto BMW I don't show off because well its bad enough having cops following me everywhere, they might as well call hellrot arrest me red or something.

That sucks about what you got caught with though. Having more than the max amount of people in your car isn't good when you are starting to drive. It's annoying how once you get pulled over cops can add a bunch of different secondary offences to tickets.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #30
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94bmw325i
It's annoying how once you get pulled over cops can add a bunch of different secondary offences to tickets.
yeah, that blows. but i think its better than the cops being able to pull you over for that minor secondary as the main reason for pulling you over. gives the cops less reason to mess with ya.