Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
intheothernews

Name: intheothernews
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 208 / 340
Your Ride: none yet
Angry I HATE my car and COPS

god damnit my car is a cop magnet ive had it for a month and the car has been pulled over 3 times, once when my brother was driving cuz he went through a stop sign, once cuz my mom didnt have tags and than i got screwed, i was coming home from hockey ( the rink is in hickville) and they think i stole the car and im underage and i have 4 people in my car, as soon as he walks up he asks me to step out of the car and i walk towards the back, he calls 3 other cops to the gas station so im standing there at 5'5 staring at these cops that are 6 something about to piss my pants cuz they think i stole the car i have drugs or alcohol in the car i have illegally tinted windows i have 4 girls in the car that are younger than me and i flat out have people in my car that im not suppose to have, i seriously thought i was going to be put in handcuffs and get arrested, to cut down on the story im at this gas station for an hour or 2 being interegated pretty much by this cops and waiting for my parents to come pickup the girls i was with...... tonight was going to be amazing and it turned out to be the worst night ever i now am grounded from my beautiful artic silver 328i for god knows how long and i haev a court date aug. 9 and i may lose my license at that time
Old 06-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
They have to tell you what you did wrong before they arrest you or ticket you.

What did you do wrong?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 PM   #3
intheothernews

im 16 and havent had my license for 6 months so i got "violation of class d license restrictions" they gaev me a warning in the end but i think they know they scared the crap out of me really bad
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheothernews
im 16 and havent had my license for 6 months so i got "violation of class d license restrictions" they gaev me a warning in the end but i think they know they scared the crap out of me really bad
WTF? What were you overweight on the "babe scale" or what? You were in a gas station -WTF Sounds like those cops need to stop watching "COPS TV" & get w/reality. (And some of them wonder why people take the law into their own hands...well while you & 4 other fellow officers were at the gas station interogating that 16 year old - the bank was robbed, the mayors' wife got raped & the dog catcher got shot by a postal worker & terrorists drove a pick up into the cafe - any questions? - FILM @ 11pm)
Old 06-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Cops that do that are the ones that give cops all over a a goddamn bad name If I was the chief there they would all be suspended without pay Edit: My main gripe is the crowding him like that

Last edited by witeshark; 06-26-2006 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-26-2006, 11:06 PM   #6
catalyst

Name: catalyst
Rate My Car: 195 / 340
Your Ride: 1994 325is
You get a warning the first time you are caught underage with people in the car, thats the rule, one warning.. then license suspension for 6 months if you are caught again.

Chill.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
Linds

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
I hear you on the cop magnet thing. The other night I had just turned onto a main road from a stop sign (yes, I made a full stop). A cop goes by me from the other direction, pulls a u-turn and follows me for a mile or so, then pulls another u-turn and leaves. I wasn't even at full speed yet as I had just turned onto the road, let alone speeding.

At least it doesn't sound like you're in any real trouble. It's frustrating, though.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #8
///Mman721

Name: ///Mman721
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: E36 M3
Wait, so you got a warning but still have a court date? Just making sure I didn't read wrong---but if its a warning how could you lose your license man?
Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #9
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
You guys have to be kidding? They limit the amount of friends you can have with you? Are they afraid you're going to start a war or a crime spree? Correct me if I'm wrong, so it's "bad" if you have 3 friends with you in 1 car but it's ok when 4 of you get together in 4 cars? What genius wrote that law?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #10
ChrisWorrell

Name: ChrisWorrell
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 330i
What was their reasoning for pulling you over. If they only said they thought it was stolen, ask them in court to show where they heard there was a stolen 328i e36 silver bmw that matched your car. If not there was no probable ause for them to pull you over. Having people in your car is a secondary offense and only if they have something else on you, can they convict you of that as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #11
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Man I saw you driving the other day and I was like "Damn it looks like he stole that thing!" hahaha just kidding, but seriously that was ridiculous for the cop to get 3 more cops on you there and pointless. They must have had nothing better to do, oh well next time an innocent person is killed by a drunk driver I can think "Oh well at least I know they're keeping people like Chris's brother off the streets..."
Old 06-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #12
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
You guys have to be kidding? They limit the amount of friends you can have with you? Are they afraid you're going to start a war or a crime spree? Correct me if I'm wrong, so it's "bad" if you have 3 friends with you in 1 car but it's ok when 4 of you get together in 4 cars? What genius wrote that law?
Yea, I'm not clear on that . . what is that law all about? Sounds like a load of shit to me. Times sure are different than when we grew up
Old 06-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #13
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Rate My Car: 158 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
Yea, I'm not clear on that . . what is that law all about? Sounds like a load of shit to me. Times sure are different than when we grew up
it's so kids who just started driving don't get distracted by their friends while driving. they aren't as experienced as older drivers so the state limits them to the amount of distractions they can have.
missouri also limits the hours of the day that newbs can drive. 1am to 5am is a no go here.
also, if your state is like MO, and you actually did get a ticket on an intermediate license, you might not be able to get your full license until you are 21.

if you have any more questions, i work at the DMV, so shoot away
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
intheothernews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorrell
What was their reasoning for pulling you over. If they only said they thought it was stolen, ask them in court to show where they heard there was a stolen 328i e36 silver bmw that matched your car. If not there was no probable ause for them to pull you over. Having people in your car is a secondary offense and only if they have something else on you, can they convict you of that as well.

o seriously, im going to have to do that

and ya its a bullshit law, but honestly i feel more safe when i haev people in the car and im more cautious, im way less likely to speed blah blah blah cuz i simply dont want to mess up and get someone hurt or get caught
Old 06-27-2006, 12:41 PM   #15
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Well thats fucked up man. But u live and learn. Ive been pulled over by 8 police cruisers and forced from my car at gun point,forced to the ground,handcuffed, and searched. So i think u can deal with a little ticket for having people in the car.

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE