Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > X Series (X3, X5,X6)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

X Series (X3, X5,X6) General discussion and technical help for all year X series SUVs.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #1
aley

Name: aley
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: honda
2006 Bmw X3

For 2006, the BMW X3 comes in one model, the 3.0i. (The 2.5-liter model was discontinued.) The X3 3.0i sports a 225-horsepower 3.0-liter inline-6 hooked to BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, while a five-speed automatic Steptronic is a no-charge option.

The 2006 X3 3.0i ($36,800) is stuffed with standard equipment. Cockpit amenities include automatic climate control with micro-filter and air recirculation; Sensatec upholstery; eight-way power adjustable front seats with two-way manual headrests with driver seat and mirror memory; four-spoke leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel with fingertip cruise control; front center console armrest; storage nets on front seatbacks, in front passenger footwell and cargo compartment; two aluminum fastening rails and slip-proof reversible flooring in cargo compartment; split 60/40 fold-down rear seats; vehicle and key memory; remote entry, including two-step unlocking and remote tailgate release; Panorama glass moonroof with fully automatic, two-piece glass panels, power slide and lift control, wind deflector and power interior sunshade; tilt/telescopic steering wheel column; rain-sensing windshield wipers with automatic headlight control; automatic-dimming rearview mirror; power front windows with one-touch up/down and power rear windows with one-touch down; front-rear map-reading, footwell and visor-mirror lights; locking glovebox with rechargeable take-out flashlight; dual cupholders in front and rear; AM/FM/CD audio with eight speakers, wired for portable music players; Service Interval Indicator with miles-to-service readout; flat tire warning system; a four-function on-board computer; pre-wiring for cellular phone, garage-door opener, 6CD changer and auxiliary input.

The 3.0 Premium package ($1,800) adds Montana leather upholstery, four-way power lumbar support for both front seats, automatic dimming inside rearview mirror, and BMW Assist integrated wireless communication system.

For information on new and pre-owned BMW vehicles, contact your fav BMW Dealer in Newton, NJ.

http://www.bellbmw.com/en_US/
Old 05-25-2006, 03:23 AM   #2
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
You forgot the most important option about the X3.

Sport Package-$1,800.

Sport suspension calibration
18 x 8.0 Star Spoke (Styling 113) alloy wheels, 235/50R-18 all-season tires
Shadowline exterior trim
8-way power adjustable front sport seats with 2-way manual thigh support
3-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel
Full body-color aerodynamic kit with painted side skirts
Shadow line exterior trim

Other than that, have you driven one?

Last edited by BMWLotAttendant; 05-25-2006 at 03:27 AM..
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
tplife

Name: tplife
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 BMW X3
Why would anyone want a sport package on a BMW SUV? Isn't the suspension tight enough, or do you like riding around in a wagon? Remember that the higher a vehicle is lifted off the ground, the harsher a tight suspension becomes. The low-profile tires defeat some of the potential the all-wheel drive offers for off-road use. That Sport option is one thing I'm happy our X3 does not have.