Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Z Series (Z3, Z4, Z8) General discussion and technical help for all year Z series cars.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Senikc

Name: Senikc
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1999 Z3 Roadster
1999 Z3 A/C not working

I have a problem with the a/c, the compressor started to operate intermittently, now not at all. I have checked the compressor relay, and all fuses for the a/c
No voltage to the clutch, voltage to the relay socket, when voltage is applied directly to compressor clutch coil with single line unplugged, compressor runs and a/c cools well. I had followed the suggestion to swap the back and second from the back relays, upon doing this I discoverd the same incompetent mechanic I have used replaced the fan relay with a incorrect relay which stays energized when the ignition is off. When I swapped the relay from the compressor to the fan socket the auxiliary radiator fan did run on low speed while the ignition was on and stopped when the ignition is off. I am hoping the wrong relay in the fan socket has not damaged the compressor circuit in some way.
Any input will be appreciated. I have the Bentley manual, and am trying to find the compressor wiring diagram in it. Are there any online wiring diagrams that anyone knows of which may help me.

Thanks again for all the advice and help.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Senikc

Name: Senikc
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1999 Z3 Roadster
Is it possible anyone here knows the location of the evaporator temperature probe?