Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum Sponsored by: TireRack.com
Talk about tires and wheels , Discuss springs, coilovers, struts, sways, and all related topics for your Bimmer.

Old 04-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
B3M2W5i

Name: B3M2W5i
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
rear strut tower mounts

what do you guys think i should get the redisigned ones or the polyurathane ones from bav auto? or do you suggest something else that i can get at another place?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:04 PM   #2
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
I honestly don't think it's worth it unless you're tracking your car. They go through the middle of your trunk and make it so you can't have subs or put anything of any size in it.

Though if you do need that kind of control, it'll tighten up the rear nicely.

I'd assume the bavauto ones would be fine. If you pay money for some Racing Dynamics ones or something, the difference would be marginal and the price would be triple.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
hamann318is

Name: hamann318is
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 99 / 340
He's not talking about rear strut bars.

Depends on the shock.

E46 M3 Cabbie mounts are some of the best things from the BMW factory, and you might want to look at those. I'm not 100% that they will fit your car, but if it fits an E30, why wouldn't it fit anything else.

TMS sells some good stuff, and it's worth while checking it out. I purchased their entire mount kit (RSMs and Strut hats) when I did suspension.

I'd go for the E46 M3 Cabbie mounts based on cost and their toughness.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamann318is
He's not talking about rear strut bars.
Oh whoops. HAHA, I completely misread that. Ignore my reply.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #5
the afro guy

Name: the afro guy
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
i've got the e46 m3 rsm's in mine and honestly i couldn't tell the difference.... but htat could be because i did all my suspention work at the same time.

if you're going to take the car onto the track go for the polyurathane because they are strong but will be firm. but if its a street car that gets used on teh track every now and then, if at all, then go for hte m3 jobbies..... if they fit. at the end of the day i don't think they will make that much of a difference
Old 04-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #6
97alpM3

Name: 97alpM3
Click here to set it up.
If you want a RSM that will kill all the others... check out www.rogueengineering.com They have put together something even I cant mess up and break...

Good Luck,

Les
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 AM   #7
Ethirtysex

Name: Ethirtysex
Click here to set it up.
I replaced mine with just regular OEM's and the difference was intense. The handling was much more tight, felt like a different car. I'm pretty sure you'll only be able to tell the difference if your's are worn out.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:40 AM   #8
EuroStyle

Name: EuroStyle
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 92 325i
I used the Bav Auto ones when I did my suspension.

Check out my product review...e36 suspension
Clear corners~Painted bumpers/rockers~Dinan intake~UUC evo3 short shifter w/ delrin bushings~UUC dssr~UUC black tm w/ tme~UUC shift knob~Alpine head unit~H&R sport springs~BavAuto RSMs~SSR GT2 8.5x17 wheels~Bridgstone 235/40/R17 rubber
Old 08-07-2005, 09:09 AM   #9
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Considering I had to spend a lot on both front and rear suspension replacement, I went cheap on the RSM's and got oem's. I even made the gaskets out of the box the RSM's came in
Old 10-23-2005, 07:47 PM   #10
1fast325i

Name: 1fast325i
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky
Considering I had to spend a lot on both front and rear suspension replacement, I went cheap on the RSM's and got oem's. I even made the gaskets out of the box the RSM's came in
Hey Dudesky, I'm doing some upgrade on my suspension and was wondering where should I start? I currently have front upper strut bar and lower front sway bar.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5

Is this what you guys are talking about?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:14 PM   #12
Dudesky

Hey- I know you!! Ha ha- you seem to be following me around the internet lately

All I really did (so far) was my front struts, rear shocks, RSM's, RTAB's & CAB's. And I pretty much just brought everything back to stock; I went with Bilstein HD's to go with the OEM coils. I don't have much experience with aftermarket upgrades or lowering the suspension, maybe someone else here can chime in??

BTW, Welcome to UB
Old 10-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #13
Dudesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast325i
Hey Dudesky, I'm doing some upgrade on my suspension and was wondering where should I start? I currently have front upper strut bar and lower front sway bar.
Hey- I know you!! Ha ha- you seem to be following me around the internet lately

All I really did (so far) was my front struts, rear shocks, RSM's, RTAB's & CAB's. And I pretty much just brought everything back to stock; I went with Bilstein HD's to go with the OEM coils. I don't have much experience with aftermarket upgrades or lowering the suspension, maybe someone else here can chime in?? Better yet, start a new thread so as not to hijack this one

BTW, Welcome to UB
Old 10-24-2005, 09:10 PM   #14
///M Power

Name: ///M Power
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 26 / 340
Your Ride: 95 m3 turbo
1fast325i

You're goign to get a lot of understeer assumign you have put in some quality sway bars and a non-hinged front strut bar. What helps the most on your FR car is actually lowering the center of gravity by putting in lowering springs and stiffer shocks, thus reducing your suspensions travela nd your cars ability to maintain itself as being flat. Since you have alreayd done the front I would highly recommend that when you do your shocks/struts/springs or even coilovers, that you also put in a rear sway bar. While your at it, might aswell add the rear shock tower bar bcause it is such a bitch to install the rear shocks you're not going to want to have to go do it again later on.

Eric BMW - Variable Vane Turbocharged