Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > Other Makes And Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Other Makes And Models discussion of all other makes and models

Old 04-07-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
2007 Audi TT (56k warning)

Quote:
(from Audi Press Release) A cult car, an icon – the Audi TT, launched in the autumn of 1998 – took the sports coupé segment by storm and sharpened the brand profile. Now the second generation of this successful model is making its debut. The new TT Coupé is even more dynamic than its predecessor– in terms of its design, its drivetrain, and its running gear.

The very architecture of the new Audi TT Coupé embodies the style, stability and power of a pure driving machine. The bullish stance of the base body and the low, narrow styling of the greenhouse together form a sculpture of simple, unfussy lines. The Audi design team has lovingly adopted and enhanced the visual code – the motif of circles and domes – of the predecessor model. The new TT appears more stretched, and even at a standstill seems to be striving to move forward; taut panels emphasise the impression of dynamic movement. The new TT is 137 mm longer than its predecessor at 4,178 mm, and 78 mm wider at 1,842 mm.

The body is constructed in the ASF Space Frame design developed by Audi and consists of aluminium and steel. This is the first time that it has combined different materials alongside each other. 69 percent of the superstructure is made of aluminium. The steel components making up the remaining 31 percent are to be found at the rear end, so as to ensure balanced distribution of the axle loads. To improve downforce, a spoiler is extended from the tailgate when the vehicle reaches a speed of 120 km/h.

The new Audi TT, like its predecessor, is initially available as a 2 + 2-seater coupé; the separate roadster model is scheduled for later launch. The basic luggage capacity of the easily accessible boot, under its large-format lid, is 290 litres. This capacity can be increased to 700 litres by folding down the rear seat backs. The sports seats provide outstanding side restraint. There is a choice of three different leathers for the covers.

The cockpit is oriented strictly to the driver and is perfectly ergonomic in design. It embodies the classic circles motif of the TT in a number of ways, such as in the three centre air vents.

Two powerful petrol engines are available to power the car. The 2.0l turbocharged four-cylinder TFSI unit featuring FSI direct injection develops 147 kW (200 bhp). With a six-speed manual gearbox, it accelerates the TT to 100 km/h in just 6.4 seconds, reaching a top speed of 240 km/h. The sonorous-sounding, naturally aspirated 3.2-litre V6 engine develops 184 kW (250 bhp), accelerating from zero to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds and reaching a top speed of 250 km/h (electronically governed).

Both engines are equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox. On request they can be combined with the dynamic S tronic dual-clutch gearbox. Whereas the four-cylinder engine comes with front-wheel drive, the V6 distributes its power across both axles by way of the quattro permanent four-wheel drive system – an exclusive technology feature in the sports coupé segment.

The Audi dynamic suspension was newly developed and tuned for the TT Coupé. One of its hallmarks is its self-steering behaviour right up to the handling limits, which ranges from neutral to light understeer. This sporty orientation produces driving fun, agility and supreme handling characteristics.

The track enlargement, with larger wheels ranging from 16 to 19 inches in size, and extensive changes in the area of elastokinematics were key areas of the developers’ work. The new multi-link rear suspension ensures optimum driving dynamics at a sports car level.

The high-tech Audi magnetic ride damper system is available as an option. In this system, tiny magnetic particles circulate in the oil inside the shock absorbers. When a voltage is applied to them, they alter the damping characteristics within milliseconds. This adaptive system simultaneously ensures high levels of ride comfort and thoroughly sporty dynamism, according to the specific driving scenario and the preferences of the driver.

The standard features of the new Audi TT include an automatic air conditioning system and a flat-bottomed sports steering wheel. The latter is not only entirely suitable for the sports car but also makes it easier to get in and out. The air vents, steering wheel spokes and many of the controls are finished in an aluminium look.

With regard to options, customers can choose from a variety of high-tech solutions, including the adaptive light dynamic cornering light system and the Audi parking system which aids parking.

The new TT marks the premiere of a new generation of audio systems. It is characterised by state-of-the-art reception and playback technology and intuitive user control. Six so-called softkeys control a variety of functions depending on which menu is selected. The chorus radio system with single CD drive comes as standard. A Bluetooth interface is available for mobile phones. The telephone function can be operated via the MMI, the multifunction steering wheel and by speech control. The operator control for the optional navigation system takes its cues from the exemplary MMI system familiar from the Audi A6, A8 and Q7 model series.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 AM   #2
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
More photos:

Old 04-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
barney

Name: barney
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 01 330Ci
Nice. I'd drive one.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Linds

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Personally, I absolutely hate what Audi has done with their front grilles...but, yeah, I'd drive one, too. lol
The interior is spiffy.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
scrichy84

Name: scrichy84
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325i (Sold), 2004 Tacoma (Sold), 2006 Jetta TDI, 2007 Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds
Personally, I absolutely hate what Audi has done with their front grilles...but, yeah, I'd drive one, too. lol
The interior is spiffy.
I agree, the grilles are ugly! But the overall car doesn't look too bad, but when I first glanced at it, it reminded me of a 350z??
Old 04-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Car looks good, i'm not to sure about the front headlights but otherwise I kind of like it.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
It looks even better than before!!! I'd buy one.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #8
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Can anyone say eclipse? lol

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #9
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
the rear spoiler makes a world of a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 04-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
Click here to set it up.
i love it! i personally like the look of the front grills, and the headlights. sooo much sportier than the previous model.

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 04-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz
Can anyone say eclipse? lol
How about Mazda 3? Lights make it look exactly like one..

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #12
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
I want to test drive it when it comes out, I wanted to try driving the old ones too..
Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
Storamin

Click here to set it up.
they were nice, but too damn small. i fit into my z3 pretty well, but the TT was too small for me.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
I think the previous body style stucked....

but this, I'm starting to like (esp. the interior).

Less and less VW Bug bubble look.

But, I'd drive this for last, I'd take an A4, A8, S4, or S8 before this TT.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Storamin

Click here to set it up.
why? The a8 is an auto. you can't seriously say you'd own a car like these in an auto if you can drive a manual...