Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 12-09-2006, 03:55 AM   #46
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
It could always be worse (I'm surprised this hasn't floated here before)

http://files.unitedbimmer.com/ub.c/c1apton/POS.mp3
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM   #47
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
^^^HAHAHAHA Damn. Sorry for the hard time dough, I hope everything works out. And yeah I hate working at grocery stores more than ANYTHING (Publix, in highschool) I had to scrap a used "female hygiene product" off a mirror in the employee bathroom that had been on there all day, I think it was slapped up there after someone was fired.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:29 AM   #48
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
RSF5, dude, just way too much info.

Refer here regarding that tranny incident: Transmission Error

Fuck BMW.

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #49
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 6

So, I bought myself a BRAND NEW car... yey... no more hassels with trips to the dealer for repairs!

But that's not why there's a new episode....

Driving my car today, I was on assignment to pickup paper work relating to my job in Morristown, NJ. While leaving (~9am) and following the exit signs I come up behind an older domestic car (looking similar to a Grand Am). We were in a parking garage, one of the smallest I've been in. The domestic in front of me came through one of the passages in the maze of ramps in the garage, nearly cutting me off. As I approached behind her, she stopped, looked back to her right and I saw her reverse lights come on... my guess is that she wanted to pull into a spot that she had just passed.

Well, I'll ablidge, I put my car in reverse and looked behind me. That's when it happened....

THUMB!

FUCKING BITCH HIT ME! IT'S A BRAND NEW FUCKING CAR AND THE FUCKING MORON HITS ME, DOESN'T EVEN LOOK TO SEE WHO THE FUCK IS BEHIND HER.

This is the second time that shit has happened... first was in the Mercedes. Some ginnie looking hairy mofo in his Honda CRV pulls into traffic, panics when the cars are coming faster than he thought, floors it in reverse and hits me.

But really, back to today. I wasn't injured.. well, nothing serious. Damage to the cars was minimal. At the time of this writing, there was only a dent in my license plate. I'm going to the dealer for warranty stuff tomorrow and will ask them to see if there is anything else hidden that was damaged. The back of her car was fine as well, her bumper has those protruding license plate lights. One of those is what dented the plate.

Upon a walk around, I noticed something else that had eluded me. On the driver's side rear wheel there was white powder, similar to cement dust. Examining closer, there was road rash on the rim and also on the body! The architect that designed that parking garage should be shot! Seems that somehow, without ever feeling it, I side-swiped a column.... which totally doesn't make sense.

There's gotta be some sort of bad luck that I have with cars. Seriously.

For my next car, I gotta get a surplus HUMVEE. Purist beater if this is one.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 03-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #50
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Stupid lady Well I'm glad it wasn't serious
Old 05-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #51
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 7

Another gripe that I have is when I make a thread in a forum, it's a question on something that I really don't know all that much about, I'd expect the other "enthusists" in the forum to "help" in some way.

Talk about a dead forum....

TractorForum.com

Geez, still after more than 24 hours, not one fuckin person had the decency to reply.

That shit is just annoying.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 05-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #52
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I have to agree with you. Why the hell do they have a forum
Old 01-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #53
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
My old forum peps,

I must apologize for not writing in here for so long. Last post looks like it was in mid-2007. Geez .

Well, here's an update:

If some will remember, I had to get rid of the 328i, long gone. Traded it in for an '07 TSX. Car is fine with no problems, just boring.

My paternal grandmother passed away suddenly in May of '07. Since then I've been heading up her estate. Her home needed to be fixed, inspected, marketed and sold. Her estate needed to be tended to and have been dealing with lawyers and titling agencies for quite a while. Still dealing with a few items to this day.

I've moved down to FL (April '08) to be with my GF. We are living happily in the "City" of Coconut Creek, FL. I've got a different job now in the same field but not what I exactly wanted or expected to do when I was hired for the position. Given the current economy, I'll have to suck it up.

My GF and I are planning to move back up north, but for her, as a marine biologist, the work is just not found w/o knowing someone.

On a different note, I've become nostalgic over the past few days, remembering my first car, the 190E. I've been searching the internet trying to find one for sale, similar to what I had, but as the rare manual. So hard to find. And when you do find it, it's got the "bling bling" ghetto wheels and chrome trim... or has way over 200k mi.

Anyway, that's about it.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 06-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #54
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Well, seems as though the economy has gotten worse.

When I last posted, I was OK with the job, but not happy. I didn't want to leave it since it was difficult to find another one. Soon after that post, the company issued new rules. No one works on Friday's and everyone's pay is cut 20%. Then, they laid my ass off in March. I've been without a job ever since. Florida has 10.2% unemployment, and rising.

I hate this state.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 AM   #55
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
I'm still unemployed. As mentioned above, I was laid off back in March. When I received the bad news, Florida state gave me the option of receiving NJ unemployment where I worked less than 18 months prior. Thanks to the stimulus plan, I was not required to persue FL unemployment insurance which only paid a maximum of $275 per a week (based on a percentage of your gross earnings or the max, which ever is lower). NJ on the other had, gives to it's unemployed workforce a weekly benifit which maxes at $545 per week. I get paid every two weeks and must complete an online survey for work looked for etc during that time period. It lasts for 6 months and then I can apply for an extension if needed.

Six months is now coming up. I still cannot find any work in FL, NJ or MA. WTF? When is this stimulus plan going to effect my job market? When are employers going to hirer new employees? I even applied to my old job based in MA and they already laid off 20% of thier employees. As of this date, I have applied to 26 different companies, within each, several positions. I've also applied to local, state and federal government positions.

I'm "young", eager, willing and able to work. I am not asking to be paid millions, I just want a fucking job!

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D