Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #31
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Episode 4 (continued)

Thankyou to those that took the time to read through that long ass post. And a greater thanks to those that posted.

Here's how my father responded to my feelings:

While I was trying to maintain composure, he had told me that he hadn't honestly read it in detail. That he had skimmed over it in haste as he wanted to avoid the lawyer's $250/hr charges. According to him, the lawyer, during thier previous session had asked only a few questions:

1. How long has he been in school?
2. What is he studying?
3. Got a girlfriend?
4. What does he drive?
5. When do you want the child support to end?

It was from these questions that the lawyer drafted the letter. My father expressed his opinion that it doesn't matter what the legal document said. He understood that what it said in english was hurtfull, though he didn't comprehend it at the time due to english as his second language.

My concern is that this IS a legal document, and although these may not be his exact words, he agreed to them by signing the letter. On top of that, as this is a legal court document, it is avaible to the public. This document could be used against me should for some reason I am placed in a senario where financial matters are concerned, seeing how this makes me out to be a gold digger.

He told me that he was sorry for the wording of the letter but that it doesn't matter because it is just ment to end the child support. I told him, if he was really sorry, he'd go back to his lawyer and redraft the letter. I don't care about the money, I never have, it's the reasons indicated on the emancipation documentation that make me out to be this terrible person. I guess we'll see if that hit on anything.

By the way, my mother wants to bring him to court. To argue that the "facts" that he mentioned in the letter are false. I don't know what exactly will come of it or whether it is even worth it (ie, hiring a lawyer, court fees, ect.)

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 07-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #32
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
It's amazing how some things happen. I just hope everyone concerned can move on for the best for all.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #33
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 1 (Revisited)

All my information was sent in and I finnally recieved my confimation package which I promptly filled out and sent into the Board of Engineers. The FE Exam fee, as noted on the documentation is $125 for the main exam plus another $8 for NJ state law. From what I gather, it's just a few extra questions to answer to make sure you understand what's legal.

Anyway, I sent in the package with a money order in the amount of $133 ($125+$8). Speaking with my fellow classmate, he too had sent in the same amount.

Yesterday, I recieve in the mail a letter for the Board of Engineers indicating that I had underpaid. MOTHER FUCKER?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineering Examination Services
In processing your application for the Engineering/Land Surveying Examination, we call your atttention to the item(s) listed below.
Other situations may be identified and brought to your attention later. Please provide the information and return this letter with it no later than ten (10) days after the receipt of this letter.
Your prompt action will avoid delays in completing the review of your application.

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION IS COMPLETE

1. Please remit the balance due.
|----------------------------------------------------------|
|DESCRIPTION----------DATE----- CHARGE-----PAID-----BALANCE|
|FEE---------------------------138.00-----133.00-----------|
|-***Total***------------------138.00-----133.00-----5.00--|

Please send a check made payable to EES
What the fuck is wrong with these people? Online it says it's suppose to be $30, then another source says $70, the package says $125 + the $8 for the Law Exam, now??? It's something around $138. Can't you fucking make up your mind?

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D

Last edited by doughboyea; 07-04-2006 at 06:08 PM..
Old 07-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #34
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
There really needs to be a way to rid Earth of the people that cause that kind of problem
Old 07-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #35
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyea
Thankyou to those that took the time to read through that long ass post. And a greater thanks to those that posted.

Here's how my father responded to my feelings:

While I was trying to maintain composure, he had told me that he hadn't honestly read it in detail. That he had skimmed over it in haste as he wanted to avoid the lawyer's $250/hr charges. According to him, the lawyer, during thier previous session had asked only a few questions:

Dough
Send your Dad this nice little reminder (next time he has a momentary lapse of reason)

Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #36
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
^ Nice... if he only new what an email was....

He called today, speaking into the answering machine, he said that he spoke with his lawyer reguarding my concerns. The lawyer, in his own way I'm sure, told my father that it doesn't mean anything, that in fact it's praising me that I grew up and am a man, no longer a child....."God bless him for having a BMW, having a girl friend is expected, of course they're going to go out."

I think he's just covering his ass. The lawyer also commented that they can't change the papers.

I'm slowly getting over it, but again, this just puts a rift between us.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 07-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #37
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
^^ Been following but not posting. I have had similar things happen to me -- divorced parents and messy child support situation, followed by engineerign education (haven't taken FE yet, maybe will next year -- my problem is actually that my three years of experience may not be counted , so getting my PE license may be farther away than I thought).

Thanks for sharing. I hope all these things pick up for you. Your rantings seem fair and just to me.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #38
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
...(haven't taken FE yet, maybe will next year -- my problem is actually that my three years of experience may not be counted , so getting my PE license may be farther away than I thought)...
Dude... the longer you wait, the harder the FE will be. Sit for it in April. If you don't pass, it doesn't matter, it'll be a learning experience to prep you for the following October exam. Get one of those FE review books or better yet, if your almamater offers a review course, take it. It does help.

Though... wanna hear something messed up... well, aside from all that occured previously... there's a guy at my current job that's been there for 23 years. He graduated from my college way back when... has taken his FE a LONG time ago, yet the PE, though he's taken it like 7 times, he's yet to pass... . 23 YEARS! Just wanted to emphizis that.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #39
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Oh man.

Press on, hopefully it won't affect your ability to be given the test.

Here is what I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/proposal/pelpro96.htm

13:40-6.1 Fee schedule

(a) The following fees shall be charged by the Board:

1. (No change.)

[2. Examination fees:

i. Engineer-in-training (fundamentals of engineering)............. $ 70.00

ii. Professional engineer:

(1) Fundamentals...................................... .............................. $ 70.00

(2) Specialized training.......................................... ................. $ 85.00

iii. Land surveyor:

(1) Fundamentals...................................... .............................. $ 70.00

(2) Specialized training (Principles of land surveying and New Jersey State portion) $ 150.00]

Recodify existing 3. and 4. as 2. and 3. (No change in text.)

[5.]4. Retired license fee .................................................. ...... $ 40.00

5. Inactive license fee (to be determined by the Director by rule)

6.-7. (No change.)

8. [Reinstatement]Reactivation fee:

i.-ii. (No change.)

iii. Inactive licensee.......................................... .................. $ 80.00

9. Duplicate [license] certificate fee...................................... $ 20.00

10.-11. (No change.)

[12. All licensees, and the clerks of each municipality in the State, shall receive without charge one copy of the roster of licensed professional engineers and land surveyors. Additional copies, if and when available, may be purchased at a fee of $ 20.00 each.]

Recodify existing 13. and 14. as 12. and 13 (No change in text.)

[15. Any applicant who requests an exam review or score tabulation must pay via certified check or money order the actual cost of the review or tabulation.]

(b) For a Certificate of Authorization issued pursuant to P.L. 1989, c. 276, general business corporations and limited liability companies offering to provide engineering or land surveying services in New Jersey shall pay a fee of $ 120.00 for a biennial period, or $ 60.00 per year. The late renewal fee for Certificate of Authorization is $ 50.00. The reinstatement fee for Certificate of Authorization is $ 125.00.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #40
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Dough, Sorry to hear about the continued bad luck, this really blows and it stinks that this is happening. I hope you get it all worked out I know that If I were in your situation I would feel the same way.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:27 PM   #41
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant
Oh man.

Press on, hopefully it won't affect your ability to be given the test.

Here is what I found.
HA! I laugh at that one!!!!!!

I saw that same exact thing on thier site. It's a load of shit! That hasn't been updated in a long time. In reality, it's $130 (as of July 2006) for the EIT exam and $8 for the legal test.

Hence my confusion when I see that then get a package in the mail telling me to pay $125, then getting a letter in the mail saying I short changed them $5. Fucked up isn't it. I don't think they can give you a straight answer of the color of shit, let alone how much this fucking exam costs.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #42
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Updates for Episodes 1, 2, 3, & 4.

Well, I've finally able to shoot back online. Here are the updates to those past events.

Episode 1
I am set to take the exam in October. So, I guess that ends that for now. No issues have further developed.... yet.

Episode 2
I quit that shit hole at the beginning of summer. So no more worries from there. Though I must say, having worked in the grocery store, I can better understand what goes on in the mentality of those still stuck in that enviroment, so the next time any of you go to a store, and the person there is a bit of an ass, understand that thier working enviroment sucks, more than you know.

Episode 3
Well, I took the exam last Tuesday. I studied for 4 days straight only to realise that when I got the exam, only one of the three (long ass) problems was what I studied. Holy shit. I was so upset with myself. The exam covered 1) Column design using moments and point loads, 2) Cantilever beam design (which, as I recall, I don't remember going over in class), 3) Slab Design.

Another thing, in the initial email, he had told me that there were several people whom have failed and will be taking the exam with me, I got there at ~1pm (exam starts at 2:30pm) and waited. No one showed up. I started getting nervious as if I were in the wrong room or he had forgotten. Eventually I hear his heavy asian accent bellowing in the halls, as his office was near the test room. Time passed and he was still talking, came 3:15 and FINALLY, he comes over and gives me the exam saying that he thought I was there for another professor. Dumbass. Afterwards, I asked him when will I be notified of the result. He told me next week. WTF? It's Tuesday! Only THREE problems, grade that shit now, and let me know, instead of having me on edge waiting desperatly for any result. So, I'm still waiting.....

Episode 4
My dear father seems to have odd episodes in his life where he believes that what he is saying makes perfect sence. It could just be that his comprehension of life goes out the window whenever he thinks. I can't help but be consumed with a little resentment for him. I find that talking to him doesn't accomplish anything nor does it make me feel any better.

My mother had to go to court for the emancipation hearings. The judge didn't show up, his secretary did. My mother had called earlier to see if she needed to bring a lawyer, she was told no. And yep, he showed up with his lawyer who, of course, did all the talking. My mother felt so stupid and became quite depressed over it and the fact that the secretary lady made it quite clear that she was on my father's side, all dependent on that fucking letter that "means nothing".

The following week, my father had a "wonderfull" idea. He plans on retiring eventually and in doing so, move back to Hungary but doesn't want to loose a home here in the US. SOOOOO, his IDEA is to have me move into his house and pay him $600/mo (half the mortgage) until he eventually moves out, then he'll sell the house to me for $300k (about half it's value). He then said that he would build a garage with an appartment over it where my mother could live in, because, "she's getting old." Mind you this is while he's still living there. He said that we could save SO MUCH money by doing that and he'll still have a home to move back into each time he ventures back to the USA. When I had asked him about the interactions of my mother and him, he said that since he works at night, and sleeps during the day, and she is the opposite, that they would never really see each other..... yea, like that makes sence. Granted I really want a garage, but I'm not willing to go down that route. He's been calling for the past several weeks, I stopped answering and am not returning his calls.

I guess that sums up the first series of episodes. I have a new issue at my new job, but, it's more of bullshit stuff and unprofessionalism that i'm sure all of you have encountered. People just being mean type of thing. I may just save that for a rainy day....

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 09-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #43
Bimmer_5er

Name: Bimmer_5er
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 92' 525i
Yeah i know what you mean, i worked at a grocery store for a couple months and i HATED IT!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #44
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 5

THIS FUCKING BIMMER!

Ah... yes, the ultimate vent. What the fuck is it about the cars that seem to be the best. They are always the best except for when it comes to shit going wrong mechanically. Seriously think about it. I've had this 1999 328i for around four years now, and in that time I've had to pay out so much money. It cost me $21k to buy her then when she had 51k miles. Now, she's pushing 95k mi and the Vanos, A/C, brakes, Tires (twice, normal i guess), CD Player, Belts, Tensioner, Control Arms, etc. were replaced. I'll come back and stick in the tally, but for now, assume that it is equal to me being broke for all those four years as a result.

And now, most recently, the fucking oil pressure light came on! What the fuck is it now that is leading to this? Is it the oil pump that is failing? Mother of God. This car is REALLY a pain in the ass! Fucking Bimmer, GO TO HELL.

I wouldn't care so much except for the fact that I've dished out so much already on shit that shouldn't be failing now, before 100k miles. My 190E lasted until at least 130k miles before the alternator gave way. Though, just to be fair, my mom's Ford had her starter die on her last month (~60kmi).

FUCKING BIMMER. BMW NA should seriously reimburse me for all this shit for being thier Guinni Pig. NEVER EVER buy a first year BMW model.

Eat Shit and Die

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 12-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #45
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
A money pit indeed.... I'll bare the reader any long rant for this incident, but just know, this is on top of the other shit that's happening. This light appeared for the third time this month:

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D