Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #16
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Hmm, ok, well first the FE is needed for two reasons:

1. To complete my graduation requirment
2. To begin my Engineering Profession.

The FE consists of evreything I've learnd over the years covering 12 basic topics in Part 1:

Mathematics (Differential Equastions)
Statics
Dynamics
Mechanics of Materials
Fluid Mechanics
Thermodynamics
Chemistry
Material Science
Electrical Circuits
Computer Programing
Engineering Economics
Ethics

Then Part 2 Covers my major or the above in greater detail (I get to choose)
If covering my major:
Soil Mechanics
Structural Analysis
Steel Design
Concrete Design
Enviromental Engineering
Hydrology
Transportation

After you have successfully passed the Fundementals of Engineering Exam, you have to work for ~5 years in design work. Once you complete that, you can apply for your Professional Engineering License (yet another test, same, but more specific to your previous five years of work). Once you get that, your basically your own boss. The value of the certificate can mean the difference between getting paid $22/hr and charging almost any amount for a client.

Now the governing body that controls this exam is located in Tennesse. The NJ office handles all the paper work for this area. They have regulations on the amount of time allowed for the processing of these forms. I handed in the initial application (Click here to view, last page has the Child Support Section) before the due date back in Novermber, along with the $30 money order that was required.

I get a letter back from the State offce asking me to resubmit that last page (look at link above) which they sent me with that letter. I filled it out and sent it the following week or so. This was in February.

Now, the issue to this point is what happened after it left my hands and ended up in the mail. The other issue is why was it neccessary for me to fill it out a second time? That I cannot answer. All data relating to the exam for April was due by March 1st. Now, if I mailed it before that day, postmarked, they would've recieved it. It's not like it takes weeks for them to recieve letters, we're talking about 30 miles from my house. They claim that I am rejected. I'm assuming it's because of that letter. I've yet to speak with the personel in that office to settle this. As mentioned before, she was off today.

So.... since they claim I am not qualified, because of that letter, I will not be allowed to take the exam. That means that I cannot graduate. It also means that I have to wait just that much longer to begin my profession. The longer you wait to take the exam, the harder it'll be to take. Only because you have to try and remember what you did over the years.

Now if it is true that I am not qualified because of that letter, that would mean someone majorly fucked up at that office. As, not only did I sign and answered that questionier the first time, but also the second time. They haven't given me any other notification beyond that. I'll have to wait till tommorrow morning (Friday) to call them to find out what the fuck is going on.

I hope that's it as I don't know how else to explain this.....

It's not just as simple as signing a document, it's just a beaurocratic nonesence that state officials do to you to piss you off. They hire incompentend personel and this is the result.

I do plan on going to the office, however, I first want to talk to that bitch incharge of the fillig process.

Ok, maybe I over answered you question BMWLotAttendant, but I hope this answers all questions...

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D

Last edited by doughboyea; 04-06-2006 at 08:51 PM..
Old 04-07-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 1 (continued)

Well, I called that bitch up today. Here is the whole story aside from the shit above:

When I filled out that initial application, I failed (according to them) to sign that last page stating that I had no dependents that I was deliquent on, aside from the rest of the document being filled out in its entirety. So they sent that one page back asking for my resubmittal. And according to them, when that form was resubmitted, after signing, I didn't check off 2 boxes. Here is what I submitted the second time:

Now tell me. How fucking stupid do you have to be?

So that's why I didn't get my confirmation package. I was never notified of this, they just brushed it off.

The bitch on the phone told me that she would "plead" my case to the officals. I asked her if she would honestly represnt my feelings as it is my graduation we're talking about. I wasn't yelling, I was making a point. She said that she doesn't want to argue with me, and hung up (even though I wasn't argueing)

She called back about 15 minutes later and told me that they said NO. That they are filled for the positions for the exam. So, again, due to thier stupidty, I'm fucked for May.

She did tell me that this application will apply to the October exam and that I should be recieving a confirmation letter in the mail in a week or so.

Fucking People

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #18
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 2

This rant is about one (of many) aspect of my job.

Background:
I work in a grocery store. I started there back in 1998 as a cashier, and have done numerious jobs within the store. The worst "job" there is called Recieving. An earlier employee (whom had it in for me since I called her a bitch) became a store manager (after stabing the previous orignial manager in the back). She came back to our store and was of course the top manager there. She stuck me in that shitty ass job called recieving.

Now what is Recieving? Well, it's in the back of every grocery store. All the possible vendors enter through that one door in the back of the store, need to be ckecked in and processed before they are allowed to pack out thier product. Vender examples would be Wonder Bread, Peppridge Farm, Thomas' English Muffins, Coke, Pepsi.. ect.

The Job is from (typically) 5:30am to 2pm.

For 18months I was stuck doing that shitty job. It's not the pleasant of places. It's by the trash compactor. The smell is sickening, some throw up just my the mere wiff of it. It's messy, the concrete floor is black with decades of rottening food. In the summer months, the humidity makes everything stick to you along with the stagnant air, it's a hell hole. I would come home from that job each time smelling like... well, just use your imaination. I would take a greesy dingy auto garage over that any day.

I stopped doing that job about 2-3 years ago, and since then they've changed the system (like the beaurocrates that they are).

The Issue:
So last saturday, the new store manager came up to me and told me that, "Oh, by the way, I scheduled you for recieving next Saturday." My reply was simply, "oh?" In his authorative voice, told me that I should've checked the schedule, even though I only work on the weekends, Saturday was the first day I'm in the store after the schedule is made. So fine, I said I'll take do it for that one day, assuming of course they give me a crash course in the new system.

The crash course was taught by a black creol/whatever who serades by weekend as a preacher. It lasted all of 15min where he precceded to tell me jack shit about the process, cept for the shit I already new from the 18months of doing it previously. Needless to say, I didn't learn much. Inorder to use the computer (dos based) you need a login and pass. He gave me his login, but didnt' want to give me his pass, protecting it as if it was the sacred tabernackle that he worshiped on Sunday's. So... how the fuck am I suppose to log in to take care of the bills for the vendors? Well, I mentioned to the store manager that I was still unsure of how the new system worked.

A week passed by, and now, it's Saturday morning, 4am. My alarm is ringing, time to slowly wake up, shower, and drive to work to do my shift in recieving. It's raining out and I'm running late. Try waking up at 4am.... I know from past experience that the vendors usually arrive a little early to see what they have on the shelf. As expected, SB Thomas and Peppridge Farm are there, parked in the front of the store (as the back door would've been locked). I get to the time clock, swipe my card and the machine beeps.... . the display read out, "TOO EARLY". again... ? I go to the night time manager, tell him that I was asked to be the reciever; he knew me from before when I used to do it. He gave me his override card and I swiped in. I walked to the back door, seeing the vendors packing out, which they are not allowed to do unless they were scanned in.

Get to the backroom (aka storage area of all goods and where recieving is located) to find the same fucker that gave me that rediculious crash course the previous weekend. He says to me with a smile, "Oh, they didn't call you? (Insert name) asked me to switch back."

Mind you, they keep an updated record of all employee's contact information. You would think that it wouldn't be so diffucult to pick up the fucking phone and say, " *Dough*, we don't need you to come in."

The Creol preacher told me instead to work in Dairy. Open the dairy fridge door and behold, a shit load of crap. So from 5:30am to 1:30pm, I busted my balls hauling that shit out into the aisle. Work in dairy for a day, with the milk (6-one gallon conatiners/case) and other shit, then you may understand the way I feel after not even expecting to deal with it. In recieving, you stand in one area, not really physically demanding, so i was mentally unprepaired for it. Now, I'm not trying to sound like a pussy, even though this is comming off like that, but believe me, when you have your mind set in one mode, and its switched to something else, you'd be annoyed too.

While packing out coffee creamers, the store manager came by, he said, "oh I take it you got the message..."

Man, Fuck you AND this job......which is what I honestly felt like saying, but the man had been nice to me, I guess, so he deserved some respect, even though I was not paid that courtesy. I told him of my disposition, he appologized, not that it meant anything.

When I first started working there, your pay had some merit to it, meaning, if you did a good job, your pay would be increased beyond the pennies that you got from the union's contract with the store. But since a new chain bought out the privious tennat, a new contract was devised and that merit ended. So now, it doesn't matter how well I do my job (or how bad for that fact) I can't be fired and will still get a $0.35 raise every year.

So really, what's the point.... I hate this stupid ass job. Fucking customers too.... but I'll leave that one for another rant.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-23-2006, 02:14 AM   #19
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
dam man. sounds pretty shit.
I hate dealing with people. Not everyone, but i hated restaruant work..and im assuming this is somewhat similar.

Kudos man. Stick through it. Youll have better days.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:18 AM   #20
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
"Better" days are comming, just not soon enough. Eventually, sometime either in the summer or fall, I'll quit this job in prospects of a full time position with my degree making twice (per hour) than I make now.

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #21
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 3

So I just got back my grade for Concrete design. Needless to say, with the grade that I got, I was pissed. I don't really care about the actual grade, more of just passing the class. The professor is so damn hard to understand. Fucking asian fucker. I have a clip of him on my cell phone just to prove how fuckin hard it is to understand this guy: Concrete Class, talking about moments
Now, some of you may be able to understand him, then congrats to you. This was one of his better lecture days. The file is ~6min long and ~6megs in .wav format.

This fucker gave me a fuckin F. Why? I don't know. I got a C on the midterm where other's didn't even take it and passed with a C as a final grade. I did most of the HW, did the lab assignment (which was totally fucked up as a lab assinment, we really didn't do any work as a class, the concrete sample was made by the masters' students, so the point of the lab was null). I also turned in the required STAAD program. So I have no fuckin clue as to why I would get an F. My last semester, and this fuckin shit head doesn't give me a D, which is all I need, he gives me a fuckin F. During the final, the TA asked the class, how many of us, of the three problems, finished two. That was with 30 min left in the class. NOT ONE person raised thier hand. By the end of the period I had answered them all, with a shit load of work. Not that they were right, I'm just saying.

I later found out that this fuckin A-hole made the questions REALLY hard just to get even as, according to him, not everyone came to class, which is a crock.

There's student evaluations that are given out at the end of every semester. They are suppose to be annomonious and delievered by a student to the Civil department. He asked us to give it to him. I thought that was totally fucked up... knowing that most of use would rape him on the survey. So, while he was outside talking with a student, I took the surveys, collecting them all from each student, sealed the envelope and delivered it, as per the rules, to the secretaries. He didn't see me, not that it really mattered.

So I'm thinking that this fuck head is getting retaliation against me for that, as the secretaries know me. All they had to do was say a name and BAHM, "D... F...fuke hem... I giva F."

This is messed up.... my last semester and he's gotta be a dick like this.... I'm really curious to know whom else has failed his class. I know that the dude I'm going to work for this summer had him as a professor in the 80's. During the interview, he asked me if I understood what the hell that guy was teaching..... apparantly, this fuckhead sucked back then too.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I hate this shit!

Again,
A pissed off Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #22
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
That's so not right a teacher grading with any kind of personal motive
Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #23
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Dough man....

Tell me. How do you do it?

I'm bustin' up laughing just trying to understand his accent.

First, you get screwed with rant #1, and then screwed over again with work #2, and now school #3.

There HAS GOT TO BE A more easier route.

How long have you been doing this? Does it just become routine?

I think once again, I'm missing something.
I just don't understand why are you getting all the tough breaks that screw you over.

BMWLotAttendant
Old 05-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #24
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
I can tell you my friends with utmost honesty that this has been one FUCKED UP semester. The work thing is actually normal... that's how they are there. I was just using this forum as a venting mechanism that day. But the school shit... man... my head wants to explode every time I gotta deal with it.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 05-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #25
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Dude that sucks bigtime I feel bad, talk to the guy and see what the deal is and if that doesn't work go to bigger/badder people and try to get a resolution. I guess thats my only suggestion, sucks that you have had all this bad luck hopefully it will turn around.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #26
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 4

I ASK THAT IF YOU READ THIS, READ IT THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO RESONDING.

Now you may wonder why it is that da Dough is having yet another issue... well... it could just be that I am this unlucky. Let me give you some background information... I must first make you all aware that what is to follow is quite personal and a family matter, yet, seeing how none of you have ever met me or really know me, I guess it doesn't matter. Some things have been altered for legal reasons:

Background:
My parents met each other in a bar back in the mid 70's and got engaged six months later. It was a marriage out of convience (at least that's what I call it). They were of the same nationality speaking the same language and my mother's parents liked him. They married in 1976 (one year six months from when they first met). It was difficult for them to have a child, medically speaking that is. It took them five years and finnally, yours truely poped out in 1981. I am the only "child." In 1994, they divorced, for reasons which at this point will remain unmentioned. Now according to the judgement, the court declared:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Court, 1994
Section 2. Plaintiff and defendant shall have joint legal custody of the infant son. The parties agree that defendant shall have reasonable and liberal visitations with the infant child.

Section 3. Child support in the amount of $111.00 per week will be paid by the defendant to the plaintiff through the Probation Department in the County in which defendant resides. Child support payments are to begin upon the soonest happening of the following events......[ie, moving out].

Section 4. Plaintiff and defendant will exchange tax returns every year. Child support is to continue until the infant son is emancipated. Emancipation shall be defined as a completion of four years of college or trade school; or upon gratuation from high school and full time employment; or upon the child entering the military; or upon the child's marriage; or upon the child's death.

Section 5. Plaintiff and defendant agree to share the costs of the infant son's college education in proportion to thier respective incomes and ability to pay as deteremined by the exchange of financial information six (6) months before the child is to attend college.

And the rest doesn't apply.
Ok, so what. Well, since exiting high school in 2000, I've been paying for college. At first it was $800 per a month, then I went onto financial aid and with that came loans in my name until it became unreasonable to maintain that service. For the last year I was in college, I paid out of pocket $1050+ per month for ten months on a program from school. So, aside from my dwindling bank account and absolutly no savings to speak of, I also have ~$25,000 in loans to pay back from the stupid ass financial aid (with extrodinary interest).

I'm paying for my cell phone ($50/month) and cable bill ($120/month). Aside from that, I'm also paying for all maintanence on my car (+gas), which I bought with the litte money I had and some help from my mom. She cost me $18,600 before taxes at a time when other friends were buying brand new cars (ie Honda's, Infinity's, lexus... ect).

Bla Bla Bla... the point Dough.... get to it....

I got this letter from my father's lawyer on saturday by certified mail:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil Action, 2006
I, (the father), of full age certify that:

1. I am the Defendant in connection with the captioned matter and am making this Cerifcation in support of my application to emancipate my son, da Dough, effective September 1, 2006.

2. The Plaintiff and I were divorced by Judgment dated 1994. A copy of the Judgement is attached along with a copy of an Amended Judgement dated 1995.

3. Persuant to paragraph 4 of the Judgement I am obligated to pay $111.00 per week on account of my son's support. Paragraph 4 of the Dual Final Judgement of Divorce obligates me to support my son until he completes four (4) years of college.

4. My son will be twenty-five years old on October 19th of this year. He graduated from High School in June of 1999 at the age of eighteen.

5. My son enrolled in college at NJIT in Newark, NJ immediately following his graduation from High School and has been pursuing a degree in architecture. He has been pursuing his FOUR (4) YEAR degree FULL TIME for the past SIX (6) YEARS.

6. My son has had more than enough time to complete his studies and obtain a degree. I have had discussions with my son regarding the length of time it is taking to secure a diploma but have never been provided with a viable reason as to why it is taking so long.

7. In the past I have given my son the benefit of the extended length of time it is taking him to obtain a diploma. I am no longer willing to do it indefinitely.

8. I love my son very much and would love to see him graduate. Given what has already transpired, I am not sure that that is going to occure. He always "needs a couple more credits". I'm hopeful that he can complete whatever remaining credits are necessary over the summer and for that reason have propsed that my obligation to support him continue through September 1, 2006 after which date I propose that he pay his own way if he has not obtained a diploma.

9. To his credit my son works but also enjoys the good life. He is living in his mother's home and to my knowledge pays her nothing. He and his girlfriend are always spending money on entertainment and he drives a late model BMW. Under the circumstances and given the length of time it is taking him to get a diploma, I request that I be relieved of the obligation to support him and that the Court declare that he is emancipated.

I certify that the foregoing statements made by me are true. I am aware that if any foregoing statements made by me are knowingly or willfully false I am subject to punishment according to law.

Signed... da Father. 6/23/2006
Now, tell me fella's. How does that make me look? Like some fuckin gold digger, right?

So, lets start off at the top.
3. Ok, he's been paying an unadjusted amount since 1994, even though his salary has gone from $50k/year to $70k/year not to mention lack of inflation.

4. I graduated from HS in 2000.

5. I am pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering... vastly different (in difficulty) than Architecture. He never went to college... At my college, persuing any degree is a four year minimum assuming your taking summer classes and 21 credits per a semester. I've seen other's graduate after seven years. Some five years.

6. Wanna know a viable reason? It's FUCKING HARD AS BALLS! I had to retake several classes AND I also took summer classes (all while working 12 to 40 hours per week)

7. He's not paying for college...

8. I've been paying for college... My money, my time, go Fuck yourself.

9. I enjoy the good life? What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm paying nearly 100% of my income for household expenses, college, and car gas/maintanence.

I hardly ever see my beloved girl. I love her so much, and its just so damn hard to maintain a LONG distance relationship all year, but we have. And after eight years, our bond is still strong. Now, being as that we hardly ever see each other (ie, for a week here... week there... sometimes, if we're lucky, a month) we would spend as much time together as possible. Sure we go to the movies, though the last film we saw was.... ah, fuck, I don't remember it was so long ago. Though, for one "entertainment" episode she and I went to an expensive dinner paid for by her sister with a gift card. I paid only $20 over the $100 limit. She and I rarely have the money to go out. Sometimes we'll get take out or we'll go to a garden or whatever, but we are conservative when it comes to money. She and I use coupons, damnit, I'm 25 and I use coupons!

Yea... I drive a late model (seven (7) years old) BMW. He purchased a Ford Escape for $25,000. Last sunday he purchased one gold coin for $605. Then there's the personal shit that he buys that I won't get into on here. My car is the only thing that I have that has any value. I take care of it and pay for it. None of the child support went to it, all that money went to food/rent/cloths.

Don't get me wrong guys. I don't care about the child support money. I agree that it is about time that I am emancipated (as if I'm some sort of slave....). It's the document that is of public record. Not to mention that it hurts. Sticks and stones can hurt... and this document hurts even more. It's a stab in the heart. I don't cry often, last time was when a close family member passed away. This made me cry, ball even.

I love my father. But he can really disapoint me from time to time. Since 1994, we have been rebuilding our relationship. This has just set us back a decade. Good job dad... Happy Birthday.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #27
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Some. People. Are. Just. Worthless, when they do this shit. But my dad is a scum that let me down too Nuff said
Old 07-03-2006, 01:39 AM   #28
CAPiTUL

Name: CAPiTUL
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
dough. . . i know the feeling. I, too, am one of those people who never seems to have things go smoothly. It took me 7 years to get out of college. 35,000 in debt because of it. I have had so many different things go wrong because of other people's stupidity. I feel your pain. I feel your pain, indeed. What I took away from it? Do not count on anybody. Do not stop or let up on anything until you are content with the outcome. When you reregister for the exam, call them every other day if need be until YOU are satisfied with what is happening. And, always remember - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. がんばって!Good luck.
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #29
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Dough,
as Capital said - life isn't fair. Stay on track towards YOUR goals. Do what it takes to make things happen for YOU & don't let outside influences get you down. Your hard work, studies & struggles will have a positive "end result", you just might not see it right now. Right now it seems like a grinder but it's just a "pothole in the road of life", Like driving, what do you do when you see a pothole? Crank it hard & throttle by it.
Keep the faith bro, ---> Hammer Down.....
Old 07-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #30
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Man oh man.

Dough, this is hard to read. I mean, I can't believe this is happening. Yes, he divorced your mother, but he should still be in your life and want the best for you. Seems like he does, but with this last letter....it's just seems when it comes down to it he wants more money for himself.

I think there are some things you didn't explain to your father, or that he dosn't understand.

1) Getting an engineering degree ISN'T EASY....did you explain this to him. Yes, I've heard of many people getting HARD degrees that exceeded the "norm" graduation date.

2) Does he know you have a job and are working while going to school?

3) That you are in a LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. I'm in one now, and it's hard, I want to be with her and hanging out and have fun, but we've both talked and she says that it's best for me to finish college (1 more year, hopefully not longer). We are working together and talking on the phone every night and making an effort to see each other every couple months....(i.e flying to visit.) Anywho....my point is...it isn't a walk in the park in keeping up a long distance relationship.

4) You have ALOT of stuff going on, and this only complicates it even more.

I think he needs to man up and continue to be there for you financially until you finish and are financially stable on your own in your own place, in your own future job. Not this other routine that you are in at the grocery store and going to school just to finish. It isn't like he needs to be paying till your 45. Just a couple more years, I'm guessing 3-5 max. Maybe I'm over....but just a guess.

I'll be praying for you Dough,

Your friend,
BMWLotAttendant