Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding ušak biletleri.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
gold panda

Name: gold panda
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 139 / 340
Your Ride: 2004 Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sport
Can't stand these kind of drivers

UB members:

This happened to any of you?? Egging you on to race or something??? Was minding my own business and cruising in the fast lane down in the Gilroy, CA area on Hi 101. Doing about 80 when this Toyota Sienna (or similar type family van) comes up quickly to my rear bumper.

The dude then flashes his headlights and honks at me big time. Tells me to go faster, move over or something. What's most interesting was that we were the ONLY cars on the road at that time and as far as the eye could see.

Yep, the driver could have easily lane changed over and do his 90, 100, 110 or whatever speed his heart desired. Given the situation and the fact that I was in my active cruise control mode, chose not to move on and stay firm around 80-85. No such luck. Again, the driver of the van flashed me with the lights.

Did it a few more times, and again, no other drivers were anywhere in sight and again, all other lanes were easily available to him.
Finally, the dude got the message. He proceeded to lane change over to the right.

At about this point, I was really PO'f man. So, when he got up to my car doors, that's when I decided to take the car off my active cruise control mode and hit my throttle at speed. Always wanted to 'test' my new Dinan tuned wares on my E60 545i Sport anyway.

Dropped that poor bastard like he was sitting still. Could hear my Dinan CIA, free flow exhaust and hf throttle body, in concert with my Dinan lightweight wheels, do its thing. Talk about an exhilarating feeling.

What seens like a heartbeat, was doing well over 100+ and climbing. Was ready for a full tilt run to the limit at 155 or until I hit oncoming traffic, whatever came first. That's when this loser up and decided to completely GET OFF the highway by exiting the very first off-ramp after we took off at speed.

What an a** and moron man. Here you are minding your own business and losers like this want to make something of absolutely nothing. With Hi 101 completely opened, he could have easily taken any lane he wanted and cruise to his heart's content.

Perhaps I taught the dude a lesson here. Still, next time I'll just avoid such future run-ins and lane change first. After all, you know about road rage these days!!! Agree???
Fully loaded Dinan Signature S1 Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 engine management software, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension System, Dinan front camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber front & rear strut tower braces, Dinan (19") lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo Gran Turismo (GT) slotted big brake system, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's
Old 03-29-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
RealBmw 02

Name: RealBmw 02
Title: GRIP > DRIFT
Rate My Car: 76 / 340
Not to burst your bubble but the law does state "slower traffic keep right".

It does not state that if you are cruising the speed limit you are fine to be in the fast lane. Nothing personal, but people who park it in the fast lane when there are cars traveling at higher speeds piss me off big time.

1970 BMW 2002
Driven by skill, not money
"Real BMW's have round tail lights"
Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
gold panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealBmw 02
Not to burst your bubble but the law does state "slower traffic keep right".

It does not state that if you are cruising the speed limit you are fine to be in the fast lane. Nothing personal, but people who park it in the fast lane when there are cars traveling at higher speeds piss me off big time.

Thanks for the reply! You're absolutely right also. No more fast lane stuff for me unless I fully intend on driving faster than everyone else. Like I said, could have moved over, but given the circumstances that day, didn't.

Lesson learned and case closed. BTW, love your 02! The ultimate classic bimmer that started it all!!

BEST REGARDS!
Fully loaded Dinan Signature S1 Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 engine management software, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension System, Dinan front camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber front & rear strut tower braces, Dinan (19") lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo Gran Turismo (GT) slotted big brake system, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's
Old 03-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Cool story and all but I have to agree with RealBmw 02

By the way any chance we can get some pics of some of those mods ?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Cool story man and I love your car, DINAN 540i, (edit: DINAN 545i!! Crap my bad) damn that thing is nice, I agree with Rooz we need pics of your car and mods and maybe a vid of you doing something similar to that?

Last edited by RSF5; 04-01-2006 at 01:36 PM..
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
That's right. Show no mercy.

He can just put his tail between his legs and be left in the dust.

I've had it happen a couple times....but not the flashing lights or honking, but obvious that they wanted something, and they got it. All dust in their face.

I just shake my head and point to what I'm driving.

Glad you didn't let him show you up. You could have taken it easy and let him pass, but this is how road rage ends up. Good thing you showed him the way home. He would have gotten lost.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:04 AM   #7
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
You know, driving on 101 in the bay area i have never actually had someone pullup behind me and flash their lights. people just go around me. Not sure why. Its not like i dont drive alot in teh bay area, but i hear people always telling stories about how other drivers flash and honk at them...never happend to me.

VID!!! PICS!!!

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 03-31-2006, 02:41 AM   #8
sar

Name: sar
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 316 / 340
If I'm cruising in the fast lane I typically flash my 'flash to pass' lights to signal that I want them to get over. I doubt it's too annoying. It's a lot safer to politely ask with the lights than to weave between fast and slow traffic. Here in Georgia people often wolfpack or otherwise randomly get in your way - I was happy on 985 once though, literally nobody stayed in left lane if they weren't passing.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:37 AM   #9
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Flashing lights to pass is the proper way to ask to move over but... some trucks & buses ride in the left or fast lane because the road surface is smoother for cargo /passengers.
TIP: NEVER flash lights at a tour bus at night in left lane - usually passengers are trying to sleep and if you piss them off you might find a whole pizza planted on your hood via the rear roof hatch. (trust me, I've witnessed the execution of this manuever recently)
Old 03-31-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
nightdevils

Name: nightdevils
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 159 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 BMW 530iA
Hahaha! c1apton was that by any chance on your windshield. Anyhoo, I have to agree with gold panda though, if you are going that fast at the middle of the night you will expect to hit slower traffic in the left lane, esp on 101. and if you are going fast (minivan) then he should be ready to shift lanes to avoid traffic. that dude was being a jerk when he could have moved over one lane and went on his way.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
No, lol I was an "innocent bystander" in the bus when this pizza was ejected out the "bomb door" at a jeep cherokee that was hassling our driver. One of our semi drivers verified it was a direct hit because he saw this clown in a truck stop peeling massive amounts of olives, cheese & peperoni from his hood & windsheild. Either that or hit some prehistoric bug...
Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
nightdevils

Name: nightdevils
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 159 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 BMW 530iA
Lol! hahaha that made my friday...i need to be on buses like these!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Hahaha! Same here, that made my day c1apton. haha!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:51 PM   #14
gold panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant
That's right. Show no mercy.

He can just put his tail between his legs and be left in the dust.

I've had it happen a couple times....but not the flashing lights or honking, but obvious that they wanted something, and they got it. All dust in their face.

I just shake my head and point to what I'm driving.

Glad you didn't let him show you up. You could have taken it easy and let him pass, but this is how road rage ends up. Good thing you showed him the way home. He would have gotten lost.
Yep, in retrospect though, I should have just moved over for the van and just heck with it. After all, have nothing to prove. Just that (again) at the moment the freeway was entirely clear and no cars anywhere in sight. Why move I thought? Well, that was pretty wrong of me, as cited by other UB members earlier.

Why he chose to get behind me, egg me on, etc, when he had the entire other 3 lanes opened, then chosing to get off at the very next exit, is beyond me. Oh well, live and learn and move on. You know you have to play things cool these days anyway, given road rage.

Some of the stories I've heard around here and killing people over something really miniscule in nature, has caught my eye for sure. For now on, it's middle traveling lane for me unless I plan on doing some serious uninhibited speed work.

BEST REGARDS!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #15
gold panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numark318i
You know, driving on 101 in the bay area i have never actually had someone pullup behind me and flash their lights. people just go around me. Not sure why. Its not like i dont drive alot in teh bay area, but i hear people always telling stories about how other drivers flash and honk at them...never happend to me.

VID!!! PICS!!!

Here's a few pics of the actual Dinan upgraded components. I pulled them off their website. Still trying to 'size' down my pics from my digital camera. Hope these are OK for now.

They include Dinan's High Flow Throttle Body, Free Flow Exhaust, Free Flow Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System, Brembo Grand Turismo Big Brake Kit, and Dinan's proprietary lightweight 19" high performance wheelset. Yep, pretty nice package overall.

Thanks for your interest!!

BEST REGARDS!

Last edited by gold panda; 04-14-2006 at 07:20 PM..