Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
who here is german?

who here is actualy german? i am. german persone+ german car= perfect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #2
xsperf
 
xsperf's Avatar

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
i can speak it! however im still a sand nigger
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
witeshark
 
witeshark's Avatar

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami FL
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Ha. Well I'm Norwegian by family
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #4
jrhaile

Name: jrhaile
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Rate My Car: 114 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 Dinan Turbo, 95 M52 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
i can speak it! however im still a sand nigger
rofl

I'm German. My mom's grandpa was a nazi commander named Otto Wahl haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
///Milk

Name: ///Milk
Title: Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California
Rate My Car: 332 / 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
i can speak it! however im still a sand nigger
HAhahah. That made my night.
__________________


///MilkTV

E30 ///M3 Fanatic
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, OC!!!!!!! Posts: 4,212,021
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
I am American.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
doughboyea
 
doughboyea's Avatar

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Davie, FL
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Ich bin nicht deutsch

En onnan Magyarország

OK, i know, bad grammar...

Dough
__________________
Current Ride
2007 Acura TSX w/Navi

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D

Last edited by doughboyea; 03-29-2006 at 09:36 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
94bmw325i
 
94bmw325i's Avatar

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Newark, Delaware
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
I'm British...
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:12 AM   #9
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, OC!!!!!!! Posts: 4,212,021
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
I do not see why someone would say "I am...." if they have lived in America their whole lives... especially the ones that have parents, and grandparents who lived in the U.S. their whole lives... seems... kind of stupid?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:07 AM   #10
craig
 
craig's Avatar

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: tribune kansas
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
i beleave my great grandparents came over from germany and anotherplace that i cant spell thats close to germany.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #11
doughboyea
 
doughboyea's Avatar

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Davie, FL
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
I do not see why someone would say "I am...." if they have lived in America their whole lives... especially the ones that have parents, and grandparents who lived in the U.S. their whole lives... seems... kind of stupid?
I see your point, but you gotta understand that the USA is a melting pot. The only true originals here were driven out by our ancestors, but they themselves weren't "Americans". So, true, we whom were born here are Americans by the definition of place of birth since 1776 (before 1776, "we" were considered British Colonist since 1586 (Roanoke Settlement)), however, since our ancestry is still rather new, genetically speaking, having not had the ability to inter-mix our gene pools (since the late 19th and early 20th centuries from where the migratory population exploded) our ancestry still roots back to europe and other continents. I myself, though born here in NJ am the first US born member of my family, which, dates back to biblical times. My parents were both born in Europe, imigrated here in the 70's, and I was born in 1981. So yes, I am an American, I am from a long line of Hungarians that, like mentioned earlier, date to far earlier times than the history of our current nation.

So to answer your question, no, it is not stupid to assume a nationality other than your place of birth. However, to sound balanced, if your ancestry can be traced to the beginings of the United States, then, I would assume that being called an American [period] does justify your statement even though most were of British ancestry.

Dough
__________________
Current Ride
2007 Acura TSX w/Navi

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
Linds
 
Linds's Avatar

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Mr. Dough, will that be on the test?
__________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #13
mullethunter3
 
mullethunter3's Avatar

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Saint Louis / RollaMO
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Ich bin ein hunderdt percent Deutsch.
Ich liebe miene deutsche Auto, das BMW.
Und ich spreche ein bissen Deutsch.

God damn, I love Germany!!!

Oh, and all that up top says:
I am 100% german.
I love my german car, the BMW.
And I speak a little german.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #14
jms
 
jms's Avatar

Name: jms
Title: ______
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Rate My Car: 105 / 340
Your Ride: 99 328I Convertible
I have some lessons to refresh my german, I am very rusty.

my ancestry would make me german-polish, my mother was german and my father was also german polish. my family didn't come over until 1911, I can't trace ancestry any further because some idiot set fire to europe in '45.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 02:03 PM   #15
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: California, OC!!!!!!! Posts: 4,212,021
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyea
I see your point, but you gotta understand that the USA is a melting pot. The only true originals here were driven out by our ancestors, but they themselves weren't "Americans". So, true, we whom were born here are Americans by the definition of place of birth since 1776 (before 1776, "we" were considered British Colonist since 1586 (Roanoke Settlement)), however, since our ancestry is still rather new, genetically speaking, having not had the ability to inter-mix our gene pools (since the late 19th and early 20th centuries from where the migratory population exploded) our ancestry still roots back to europe and other continents. I myself, though born here in NJ am the first US born member of my family, which, dates back to biblical times. My parents were both born in Europe, imigrated here in the 70's, and I was born in 1981. So yes, I am an American, I am from a long line of Hungarians that, like mentioned earlier, date to far earlier times than the history of our current nation.

So to answer your question, no, it is not stupid to assume a nationality other than your place of birth. However, to sound balanced, if your ancestry can be traced to the beginings of the United States, then, I would assume that being called an American [period] does justify your statement even though most were of British ancestry.

Dough
I could understand if one were to relate with their ancestry through culture, but truth is, that is usually lost to a great degree from generation to generation. I see this from experience through friends.

You speak of the "melting pot," which is spoken about so much. I do not see the "melting pot" as effective anymore, minus skin colors, which mean nothing. Skin color is not race, and there are no multiple human races, there is only one. I believe American Culture, in general, is defined. Yes, there is variation of language, religion, ect., but this is part of our culture.


Maybe I used the wrong word (stupid)... I am thinking, pointless.

Last edited by brien4787; 03-30-2006 at 02:08 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German Ingenuity c1apton Video and other Multimedia 4 10-31-2005 04:56 PM
Who here speaks german? xsperf United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** 7 10-09-2005 03:38 PM
german engineering vs. american muscle... Numark318i Kill Stories 0 10-06-2005 03:56 PM
German Perfection: '84 911 Targa LandoAWD Bmw Cars For Sale/Wanted 8 08-28-2005 08:59 PM
German Car Meet/Drive May 15 STEVE36 Northwest Region 28 05-27-2005 08:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com