Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Unread 03-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Send a message via AIM to witeshark
Yeah there has to be some kind of plan
Unread 03-31-2006, 01:14 PM   #2
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieluhr
As rash as Bill can be, the dude has some straight forward and clear ideas of how things have to go down, it may not sound all nice at first, but that's because he sees what has to be done to get problems solved.

As far as his idea with immigrants, it sounds like a good idea, except for the 3000 fine. What about mothers that cant work? what about kids? these are the types of questions you have to address.

I think this bill that's getting passed sounds like it has far too many complications in it. there is a walk out going on at my school tomorrow I think, all those opposed to the bill are leaving at a certain time, immigrants and citizens.
I think teh fine would be appropriate. Special consideration could be given to mothers, etc. Maybe it could be on a per family basis. In fact, I had suggested that a special tax be deducted from their paychecks to be contributed to a special fund to strengthen control at the border.
Unread 04-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
jms

Name: jms
Title: ______
Rate My Car: 105 / 340
Your Ride: 99 328I Convertible
Send a message via AIM to jms
amnesty is a nice way of saying, you win. We can't beat you, so join us.

All you need is common sense, unfortunately it's been gone from government for so long now that we don't expect it from our government.
Unread 04-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #4
donald1476

Name: donald1476
Title: President
Rate My Car: 109 / 340
Send a message via AIM to donald1476
Well the states adopted English as their official language independantly, NOT the US which is what that article claimed. Other states have also adopted French and Spanish as their other official language, so no it is not only English.

Unread 04-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #5
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
Send a message via ICQ to Storamin Send a message via AIM to Storamin Send a message via MSN to Storamin Send a message via Yahoo to Storamin
if you watch Lou Dobbs you might hear him comment on it eventually...
Unread 04-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #6
donald1476

Name: donald1476
Title: President
Rate My Car: 109 / 340
Send a message via AIM to donald1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms
the article never claimed "official" language

note that the word official was not posted.
It's implied, and I don't mean to pick apart the article (Which that wasn't even included in the original) but "LURN ENGLISH OR GO THE FUCK BACK TO UR CONTREE" is one statement that really pisses me off.

Unread 04-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #7
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Here's little more fuel - If our countrys' immigration program wasn't backed up 9 years(for processing), maybe some of the legit immigrants would wait and not try to be smuggled in. It's not just Mexicans and central american folks but there's Chinese, Koreans and many others that are paying thousands to smugglers to get them here.
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #8
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Send a message via AIM to drz Send a message via MSN to drz
The whole "learn English" deal is kind of weak in my opinion. I speak, read, and write better in English than a lot of people I have met in this country. I am not even talking about uneducated people -- the verbal dexterity of many people with whom I went to college left much to be desired. If you aren't willing to learn a language well, don't make a big push for others to so do.

This country processes immigration paperwork very, very slowly. Furthermore, the requirements are ridiculously exigent -- so much that about 15% of the illegal immigrants are people who have at least a Bachelor's degree, yet have not been granted a chance to legally migrate to the US. When each of my two sisters and I went to the US consulate to apply for our student visas, we were required to show proof that we had the cash available to pay for all four years (about $80k each) from the get go. The same evidence had to be provided to the university before they even admitted us. Now, how many of those people phoning in calls to the radio complaining about how the illegals should have followed the legal procedures would have been able to show such proof?

I have so much that I could say regarding this matter. The US immigration policy is relly messed up. Illegal immigration is messed up, too. But life is really messed up for a lot of people, too. Many of these people decide it is morally correct to cross borders illegally, acquire fake documents, and work far away form home in order to feed their families and or better their own quality of life.

Don't get me wrong, I am aware that not everyone who comes in illegally has a noble motivation. With the Hispanics, particularly, I am very aware of the vices of the culture. However, I have seen how bad things are back home, and I haven't even seen the worse. What I have see, though, is worse than anything I have seen here in the US.

Amnesty would be the wonrg move. That would be rewarding illegal behavior. Given the fact that there are already millions of illegal workers in the country, a protected status would be fitting. This would allow people to get a SSN (no SS benefits, just a number so that they can be tracked by the government, pay taxes, build credit, etc.), driver's license (which in turn allows them to get car insurance), and work without being scared all the time.

Anyhow, my US employer expects to see results, and my lunch break is almost over. I have to go back to work.
Unread 05-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Here's a reason to learn English

Unread 05-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340