Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 03-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
jybute

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
Poor 4-Runner

yep... I knew it was going to happen, my wife rear ended someone, a ford F-450 $0 damage to the big one tone, $3900 to the toyota. Damn... good thing i know a good body guy, I can get it fixed for half that.

for those of you who dont know, I actually came to UB.c for advice on whether or not she should get a $-runner or a 5 series, man am I glad she was in the 4-runner. I dont think a 5 series would have faired as well. And its pretty cool the way cars are made to absorb all the shock in an impact like that. She was going about 60kmh (around 35mph) and she didnt even feel it she said. My son was in the back and he said all he notced was a crunching sound. oh yeah and the airbags didnt even go off.. weird, but they will be tested to make sure they work, and it would have been even more $$$$ to fix if they had gone off.