Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 02-16-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Cool The election Hillary Clinton will cause the fall of America

I just wrote this short essay for some english assignment. It's completely BS, but might be a fun read for some.

Quote:
Harry Maugans
Denker English 1101 – Paper 1

Could the election of Hillary Clinton cause the internal collapse of the United States and possibly modern society as we know it? One cannot argue with the facts, and as history has an uncanny tendency to repeat itself, it would be ignorant of us to disregard the blatant similarities when juxtaposing America with the collapse of the great empire of Rome.
One of the leading speculations for the collapse of the Roman Empire is the introduction of Christianity in 313 AD (Wikipedia 10.6). The entire civilization was being torn from their previous Pagan ways and immersed into a vastly different spiritual enlightenment; a severance of beliefs often thought to have weakened Rome’s morale (Jones 1064). In contrast, Hillary Clinton pronounces herself as a practicing Methodist (NNDB), however is married to William Clinton, a Baptist (American Presidents). The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines marriage as “an intimate or close union”, yet they conflict on such a central and vital portion of being. As a leader of our country, one is supposed to offer an iconic image to be filtered down to it’s citizens, however approaching the office with such a disconnected personal rapport would only radiate a weak and blasé take on moral values. The religion of the Roman emperors changed over a course of 66 years and had a catastrophic effect (Wikipedia 10.6), however with the election of Hillary Clinton in 2008, the religious preference of our country’s leaders will wrench from one to another in a mere 4 years.
One additional theorized factor in the collapse of the Roman Empire is health concerns due to popular use of lead pots and pipes (Lead Poisoning). Ironically in 1993, Hillary Clinton was “appointed to head a presidential task force on health care reform” (Encarta) due to America’s rampant health concerns. We, like Rome, are arguably the most powerful country in the world, yet we also have the highest medical expense of any other nation at a staggering $1.9 trillion in 2004 alone (The Economist). If Hillary Clinton gets elected in 2008, this would clearly show health concerns were a major factor in the parallel between the fall of the Roman Empire and the United States of America.
Another eerie similarity between Hillary Clinton and Constantine XI, the final emperor of the Roman Empire (Roman Empire 10), was both leaders’ innate yearning for exploration. When Hillary Clinton was a young girl, she wrote a letter to NASA “asking for advice on how to become an astronaut” (Encarta), demonstrating a desire not just for local travel or vacationing, but for significantly large endeavors such as space travel. Constantine XI also had a built in desire for traveling, and in doing so also conquered Athens and Thebes around 1443 (Constantine XI), which most would also consider a significantly large endeavor beyond local travel or vacationing.
One would be a fool to not consider the practical possibility of America stepping up as the next great empire to fall. We have acquired to many of the fatal flaws that brought down Rome, and with our added bullish momentum and the election of the anti-christic Hillary Clinton to office, we’re destined to fall harder. Some may disregard this as a conspiracy theory or flagrant disregard and distortion of the truth, however those will also be the first incarcerated upon the uprising of the next great North American empire.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Entertaining
Old 02-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
jms

Name: jms
Title: ______
Rate My Car: 105 / 340
Your Ride: 99 328I Convertible
And that's how the teacher fails you out of spite. They (nutjob teachers) are really counting on this.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
dude you cant use wikipedia as a source
Old 02-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
///MDreain

Name: ///MDreain
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 97 328i
do they let you use wikipedia? my teachers would shoot me, and I'm in highschool.

I do agree that our country would pretty much suck if Hillary gets into office
Old 02-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
I can't believe you used wikipedia. What kind of a professor would let that pass?

You better be careful, a lot of those liberal arts teachers are pretty damn liberal.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:41 PM   #7
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Nah, Wikipedia wasn't used for anything major, just a year and a concept.

It's fine.