Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 02-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
german speed demon

Name: german speed demon
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 88 325is
The Super Bowl...

OK, granted, the team I was rooting for by default won. However, did anyone else think that game should have been either a Seahawks win or at least a hell of a lot closer? That was some piss poor refereeing (sp) in the first half. Who else thought the "pass interference" looked more like a tap to keep from falling? And that stupid friggin' touchdown by pittsburgh were the guy looked up at the ref to see where he was...and then moved the ball over the line into the end zone? Come on, I vote for a rematch!

Dave
Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
The pass interference call was the only one I question, but I can see why it was called - a bit close but
Old 02-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
yeah, we thought it was pritty crappy calling too. a rematch would be nice.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #4
projal147

Name: projal147
Click here to set it up.
Don't get me started on the game.... FIRST the pass interference call was BS!! he tapped the defender... the Pitt guy stumbled when he changed direction... and if you notice the ref was going to call a TD until the Pitt defender began to argue.. it was a late flag... should have been a TD and would have changed the game...

SECOND the Rothlisberger TD was also BS... there is no way the ball broke the plane of the goalline... he was stood up by the Seattle defender when he was in the air and he fell straight down at the 2 inch line... Rothlisberger's wrist and forearm broke the plane, but the ball was tucked under his shoulder and NEVER broke the plane... unfortuntately there was only one view of the play and also the replay became distorted when slowed down.. so really whatever call that was made on the field would have stood due to how the NFL replay rule is worded... it says "conclusive" indisputable evidence.. and so the play stood...

But in light of the weak refereeng... Seattle blew the game in the 4th quarter.. there was no real sense of urgency at the 8min mark... Seattle has success in the first half due to their uptempo offence. They got away from what made their first few drives successful.. Darrell Jackson... he was getting open and making plays in the open field... I have to look to Holmgren(sp) in part since he calls all the plays, but also Hasselbeck made some poor passes.. and Alexander was unable to establish himself in the run game... Seattle blew the game, they should have won..

and I broke even on my bets.... took Seattle on the line and took under on the over/under... thats my short analysis of the game..

My goal is to race in the Gumball 3000 by the age of 28.

New York Yankees - It's A New Year.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
jms

Name: jms
Title: ______
Rate My Car: 105 / 340
Your Ride: 99 328I Convertible
ok, I'll give you the pushoff. The ref was right there and you do have to be more careful when he's right there. but I will concede the point that it was a judgment call that was could have been bad.

however the ben touchdown stands because the ball broke the plane before his arm was compressed by the defender. That was the point at which the ball came close to the shoulder. As for him scoting the ball up, everybody does that to try to get a couple more inches.

But what really got seattle is that they dropped a lot of key passes. And you are right they didn't get urgent until it was too late. The steelers are ball hogs. They eat clock and 8 minutes means you need the ball back now. If the steelers played like this in indy, the colts would have walked right into the superbowl.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #6
TJsBimm

Name: TJsBimm
Rate My Car: 224 / 340
Your Ride: 97 328i
Seattle was great in the first half, Steeler's first TD BS! Seattle lost their drive in the second half and the Steeler's came up with some big plays in the 2nd half. So it was Seattle's own damn fault they lost.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
seahawks should have won, or at least the score should have been much closer.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #8
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
bwhahahha. somebody call the WHAMBULANCE.

the refs are never going to be perfect, they do the best they can. evidently their best isn't good enough for the angry, but mostly sad, seattle fans. better luck next year buddies, maybe you'll face easy teams and have a nice record again. i can't wait for pixburgh to total your team next year.

we're all americans, but the northeast > northwest
Old 02-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
TJsBimm

Name: TJsBimm
Rate My Car: 224 / 340
Your Ride: 97 328i
Hey i have to hand it to the Steeler's they came up big and took advantage of a team that slowly crubbled apart
Old 02-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #10
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
bah the Broncos should have won and gone to the superbowl and won. Also if TO and McNabb were playing for the Eagles at 100% it would be Eagles vs Broncos in the Superbowl, end of rant.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:14 AM   #11
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jms
ok, I'll give you the pushoff. The ref was right there and you do have to be more careful when he's right there. but I will concede the point that it was a judgment call that was could have been bad.

however the ben touchdown stands because the ball broke the plane before his arm was compressed by the defender. That was the point at which the ball came close to the shoulder.
I agree here. I saw the replay, and the ball shadow image clearly breaks the plane and then retreats back out before hitting the ground. It's a TD by NFL forward progress rule
Old 02-07-2006, 01:13 AM   #12
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storamin
we're all americans, but the northeast > northwest
sorry, I lived in Pittsburgh for over 13 years, grew up there, and the PNW is such a better place to live IMO.

However, I am still a Steelers fan. I am really glad to see them win, but also sad to see the Seahawks lose, cause this was their first time in. Some calls were a little sketchy, but they always are. But dude, that reverse pass by the Steelers was in-fucking-credible, talk about total crazy play!

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 02-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #13
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94bmw325i
bah the Broncos should have won and gone to the superbowl and won. Also if TO and McNabb were playing for the Eagles at 100% it would be Eagles vs Broncos in the Superbowl, end of rant.
hahha the great thing about football is reality. in reality, TO is an idiot and doesn't realize what he did to the eagles until it was too late. the broncos lost 34-17... how they should have won is beyond me. i'd give you maybe the colts should have won... they were so close to giving us a run.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
Red_Rocket

Name: Red_Rocket
Rate My Car: 214 / 340
Your Ride: E30 325
the Push-off for offensive pass-interference is such a pussy call, WTF is this touch football?

the offensive player should be able to do anything within his power (other than completly take the defender out) to catch the balll

pussys...
Old 02-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #15
jms

Name: jms
Title: ______
Rate My Car: 105 / 340
Your Ride: 99 328I Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieluhr
... But dude, that reverse pass by the Steelers was in-fucking-credible, talk about total crazy play!
Hell yes, I love all the trick plays the steelers throw out there. My favorite didn't count because Ward was lined up on the line too. They brought Bettis in next to Ben and when they snapped the ball, Ben did the immediate handoff and Bettis ran in untouched.
It was so fast, I don't think they could have stopped it even if they knew what the play was. But it was called back cause Ward was lined up wrong.

The seahawks did themselves in. You have to catch the pass for it to count. You can't miss 2 field goals especially when they are long field goals (they were inside so you can't blame the wind), and you have to know how to run the clock. http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/...060205_SEA@PIT
There were only 10 penalties in the game, so you can't say it was given away. They reversed the fumble call. The worst you can say is that the push off wasn't worthy of the flag, and that is a judgement call. We will likely argue about that for the next 50 years, but the fact remains seattle blew it.