Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Regional Forums > UnitedBimmer Regionals & Events > Southeast Region
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Southeast Region Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee

Old 01-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Music Midtown Cancelled

http://www.accessatlanta.com/music/c...06midtown.html

Music Midtown is being cancelled for 2006! Granted it's just a bunch of less-than-average bands and drunks standing on top of telephone poles... but it's usually pretty fun.

Growing expense? Blah! They could just charge $10 more per ticket, get less people going, but still make it happen.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
sar

Name: sar
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 316 / 340
The funny part is the truth about it raining... every year like clockwork.

I doubt there problem was with money so much as complaints and locations; they effectively raised the price so much last year by getting rid of the single day passes... but if you were there it couldn't have been much more packed - the 99x stage overfilled there parking lot on some nights.

I hear part of the problem was marta cooperating, which I can agree with - it sucks to get out of a game or a hot, sweaty, rainy concert only to have to wait underground for 30 minutes with the only things to play with being the grey strips.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sar
The funny part is the truth about it raining... every year like clockwork.

I doubt there problem was with money so much as complaints and locations; they effectively raised the price so much last year by getting rid of the single day passes... but if you were there it couldn't have been much more packed - the 99x stage overfilled there parking lot on some nights.

I hear part of the problem was marta cooperating, which I can agree with - it sucks to get out of a game or a hot, sweaty, rainy concert only to have to wait underground for 30 minutes with the only things to play with being the grey strips.
^^ So true.

Now stick around you bastard.