Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E46
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E46 General discussion and technical help for 1999-2004 3 series cars.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Dathaeus

Name: Dathaeus
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 328i w/sports package
Finally! My New ZHP

Hey guys, first I wanna thank you all who have helped me get to this point... I didnt take all the advice 100% but I think I am happy for now. Photos at

http://minus.com/mxAqEwf42W66l

2003 ZHP Silver (114,000 miles, clean carfax, 2 owners)
17" wheels (dont most ZHP's come with 18"?)
Harmon Kardon Stereo
$7000 flat

Contrary to prudent advice, I did not get a PPI across the street at Braman even tough he was willing. They were going to charge $330. He had a look over inspection done by them when he got an oil change a couple of months ago, and they listed some of the stuff listed below.

- Got it from a car salesman at a local dealer, it was his personal car... he is getting another customer's 2007 330i with 36k on it for ~18k and getting rid of this one
- Test drive felt good, just have to get used to this clutch, but couldnt feel anything wrong and engine feels more "throaty" than my now old 328i
- I cant tell there is an extra 40+ HP in this one, but I wouldnt say its slow by any means, and the 6th gear is nice to have finally
- Body looks very good, small chips here and there, one fog light slightly cracked
- Known problems that he told me and I saw before purchase:
----- drive belts (big surprise, just like my car)
----- needs new tires soon
----- Both rear plastic door trimmings falling off, need to be glued back on with the snaps
----- The shifter rattles a bit when the car is on, I guess it has to be tightened?
----- He had one key that rarely worked, and one good key... he lost the stupid good key the day before sale, so he went and got a cheap valet key instead for like $50, said the regular hey is over $200. (I should have just paid the $150 and told him to get the regular) I thought that was kind of a dickweed move... I'll probably end up getting a new key anyways since the remote doesnt work on the bad key either
----- He said the brakes will probably need to be replaced soon... testing it felt fine but we'll know when I get a proper inspection
----- Handbrake needs to be tightened or something

So next step is finding another indy here, sigh... one of the guys I used to go to had that Shell station close down, so I heard they moved somewhere else, I'll have to see. And I got laid off the place that had the indy a few blocks away so wont be there anymore, and they didnt seem that great anyways. So as long as they dont come up with $3k + nasty repairs, I am happy.

Comments?
Tires: BBS 17" rims
Hankook Ventus V12
Front: 225/45ZR
Rear: 255/40ZR

Answerway.com

Last edited by Dathaeus; 11-04-2012 at 03:44 AM..