Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Regional Forums > UnitedBimmer Regionals & Events > International Region
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

International Region Canada, Asia, Europe Middle East, and all other locations.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:17 PM   #91
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
canada sux.....!!! well, so does NY, so i really cant speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 04-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #92
jybute

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
I cant think of anything the US offers canada, accept military protection. That being said if Canada had a military, we would be very similar to the US, if we aren't already. There are good things about both countries, so for anyone on either side of the border to say anything detrimental about the other country is just plain ignorant. Im proud to be canadian. But there aren't a lot of countries I would want as my next door neibour more than the US. I have lived in the US, and the only obvious difference to me is, slak gun laws and lousy healthcare. But I would deffinetly be willing to pay half of what I pay in tax and wave my healthcare rights. With the money I saved I could afford decent health insurance. And with the money I have left over from that I could by my family kevlar vests.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:18 PM   #93
B_w.

Name: B_w.
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 61 / 340
Your Ride: turbo e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jybute
I cant think of anything the US offers canada, accept military protection. That being said if Canada had a military, we would be very similar to the US, if we aren't already. There are good things about both countries, so for anyone on either side of the border to say anything detrimental about the other country is just plain ignorant. Im proud to be canadian. But there aren't a lot of countries I would want as my next door neibour more than the US. I have lived in the US, and the only obvious difference to me is, slak gun laws and lousy healthcare. But I would deffinetly be willing to pay half of what I pay in tax and wave my healthcare rights. With the money I saved I could afford decent health insurance. And with the money I have left over from that I could by my family kevlar vests.
well, i think there are lots of things the us provides for canada other than military protection. we send 85% of our exports south. other than our resource goods there would not be many other markets for our manufactured good. anybody (china and india) will buy our oil (alberta alone has the worlds second largest oil deposits - 175 billion barrels vs saudis 230 billion barrels) and natural resources. we are after all the united states largest trading partner and vice versa. and besides we get lots of great cultural stuff (well, excluding reality tv, american idol, and celebrity culture bullshit) like some american tv and movies. just think how bad tv would be here if all we could watch is that made in canada crap the thing that i find most funny is the us's stance on free trade. they only want it when if suits them best. the softwood lumber issue and bse is so retarded and has cost billions of dollars to british columbia and alberta's economies. if we decided to be like this we could restrict our energy exports and make you american bastards freeze in the dark!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #94
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jybute
That being said if Canada had a military, we would be very similar to the US, if we aren't already. T
What are u talking about? We have a millitary, and a pretty good one at that.

Quote:
we send 85% of our exports south. other than our resource goods there would not be many other markets for our manufactured good. anybody (china and india) will buy our oil (alberta alone has the worlds second largest oil deposits - 175 billion barrels vs saudis 230 billion barrels) and natural resources. we are after all the united states largest trading partner and vice versa
See thats what i mean, thanks Byron.

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 04-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #95
jybute

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by B_w.
well, i think there are lots of things the us provides for canada other than military protection. we send 85% of our exports south. other than our resource goods there would not be many other markets for our manufactured good. anybody (china and india) will buy our oil (alberta alone has the worlds second largest oil deposits - 175 billion barrels vs saudis 230 billion barrels) and natural resources. we are after all the united states largest trading partner and vice versa. and besides we get lots of great cultural stuff (well, excluding reality tv, american idol, and celebrity culture bullshit) like some american tv and movies. just think how bad tv would be here if all we could watch is that made in canada crap the thing that i find most funny is the us's stance on free trade. they only want it when if suits them best. the softwood lumber issue and bse is so retarded and has cost billions of dollars to british columbia and alberta's economies. if we decided to be like this we could restrict our energy exports and make you american bastards freeze in the dark!

Like I said... what does the US offer us? we export 85% to them, what do they export to us? Its deffinetly not 85%.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #96
SuperCouper

Name: SuperCouper
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 00 M - Coupe
aside from all this politics, i thought id stay true to the topic

Im from Brampton, Ontario
Old 07-31-2007, 05:11 AM   #97
adamnur

Name: adamnur
Title: Habbie's Crew Chief
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325i
Wow this is wayyy too political.

From Vancouver here
Old 07-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #98
Maritime Bimmer

Name: Maritime Bimmer
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325IS, 1986 325E
yeah, i'm canadian too, just a little late on replying to this thing, haha
Old 07-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #99
Maritime Bimmer

Name: Maritime Bimmer
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 325IS, 1986 325E
is there anyone else here from atlantic canada?.haha
Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #100
andruxa

Name: andruxa
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '02 530iA
+1 from Edmonton
West End, Callingwood area, silver m-tech e39.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #101
Cartony

Name: Cartony
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 85 / 340
Your Ride: 1994 318iC
Beauty Eh! Like Take off, I'm in Ontario, part of the Great White North!