Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E46
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E46 General discussion and technical help for 1999-2004 3 series cars.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:36 PM   #1
ChrisWorrell

Name: ChrisWorrell
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 330i
Question about Clear Corners and etc.

Okay so I am looking into getting clear corners, clear side markers, and clear taillights. I was looking at turner motorsports and found some but it is labeled as 99-01. Being as my car is a 2004 330i will these fit becuase they dont list any for the 2004

Also I am looking into getting some angel eyes for the car, but I dont want to loose the brightness that the Xenon headlights that came from the factory have. Who makes and where can I buy a GOOD angel eye headlight with xenon (or brighter) lights. I dont want to sacrifice light for color, i want it to be as bright as possible. I also want the angel eyes to have a strong color to them, not a faint glow.

What are some good exhaust kits that are made for the 330, I want something that sounds mean, but not loud, i want it to be a low grumble, nothing that will drive you crazy, and nothing that isnt worth the money.

Also what intake do you guys suggest, along with what kind of software?

This is basically the first round of modding I am trying to get done with this car, and want to do it right the FIRST time, i dont want to skimp on things and get the "lesser" quality just so I can get other stuff.

Thanks guys,

Chris
Old 04-25-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Chris,

Corners... After 2001, the E46 corners were changed. So that's why it's labels as 1999-2001. I don't think they'll fit for that reason.
M3Motorwerks has the 2005's for $100 a pair--->here
I'm sure you could find others, perhaps cheaper. Not that I would, but you could try Ebay.com for a cheaper alternative. Got a friend that did that for his whole car. They still work and look good too.

And...

For angel eyes:
You could purchase a whole set from Umnitza for less than $800. That's for the HID assemblies AND the angel eyes preinstalled---->HID assemblies .

However, if your just looking for the angel eyes as they are then you'll have to choose between DDE and Phosphyre lighting,
Jlevi has the DDE for under $200, I think Jlevi Angel Eyes. And M3motorwerks has the Phosphyre's for under $300--->M3motorwerks . And just so you know, imo, the phosphyre's are pretty damn bright.

I'm sure there are other sites out there that may have better prices.

Exhuasts: Active Autowerks got a nice sounding exhuast, as does remus. Infact, PM me for a video of a remus/GruppeM setup, unless someone can show me where to host the file.
Active Autowerke
I dont' have a site for the remus, but thier exhuasts are around $500.

Intakes: That's a toughy for me. I've been having a hard battle between them. First there's Conforti intake. It uses the existing intake piping which makes sence and a carbon fiber pipe with a foam filter by ITG. There's also Dinan's intake, which is a down pipe from the engine compartment to below the front bumper. Installation is a bitch, but from what other's have said, it sounds mean. Lastly, there's GruppeM. The most expensive of the bunch. It's look is real nice, sexy infact. All carbon fiber (optional kevlar, I think, not sure though) and I've read gains were more from the GruppeM than the Dinan. The GruppeM has a nice sound as well.

No matter what intake you'd get, you really ought to get it with the corresponding software, to better utilize what you got. Conforti has the Shark Injector (not too sure if they have one for your car yet), Dinan has.. Dinan, and GruppeM has Technik.

Conforti
Shark Injector
There maybe other sites of course.

Dinan
Both the intake and chip are on this link.

GruppeM

I hope that these have answered your questions.

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyea
Infact, PM me for a video of a remus/GruppeM setup, unless someone can show me where to host the file.
Let me direct your attention to this thread on our wonderful forum.

I think I need to add this somewhere so more people see it...

Old 04-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
Thanks Komodo:

http://files.unitedbimmer.com/ub.c/d...UPPEMVIDEO.wmv

This is from another site. It is NOT my video. It was sent to me in an email from Modbargain.com . Just giving credit where it's due...

Dough

edit... link may not work if you don't have SP1 installed... i think.

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 05-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
Nics

Name: Nics
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Let see, up till 01, the lights (at least in the front corners) were clip-in, but after that, they were screw in.

As for exhausts, I really like the way B&B sounds on the 330, but you end up losing power due to not enough back pressure or some hoojahwhatsits. Otherwise, the RE DMS is pretty hot.