Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Regional Forums > UnitedBimmer Regionals & Events > Southeast Region
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Southeast Region Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee

Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
mpowerd

Name: mpowerd
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Mountain Run: Saturday October 15th (GA)

Hey everyone, sorry about the short notice, I totally forgot about this board....I have organized a mountain run this saturday. All the information is located in post #41 in the link below. Hope some of you can make it out. We will be meeting at Perimeter Mall around 11AM, grab some lunch, leave around 12:30, and be back in town by 7PM. I will have directions printed out for everyone on the day of the drive. Thanks.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=425657

P.S: I copied and pasted the info below in case the link doesn't work.

MEETING PLACE

We are all going to meet at Perimeter Mall at the usual spot. For all of you who do not know the usual spot, it is very easy. When you're in the mall area circling around....find the main road (Perimeter Center West) and Dillards. We will be sitting on in the far back parking lot up close to the main road....it's a huge empty parking lot that never gets used. You won't be able to miss us...even if you end up circling the mall a few times, you'll eventually see us.

The meeting time is 11AM....We will meet up for a few minutes, grab a bite to eat at the mall, and then leave around 12:30. I will have directions for everyone right before we leave. Me and Shawn in the M3 will be leading the pack and pretty much keeping the pace through the whole day. I will be handling the photos, and possibly video from the lead car.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you have 2-way radios, please bring them along. I will have one spare to loan out, so first person to need one will get it. We will all tune into a channel and use that as a source of communication throughout the day. Should any problems arise, that might be the best source of communication due to lack of cell phone reception in some areas of the mountain.

Also feel free to bring a cooler with drinks, food, etc. There is nowhere to eat in the mountains so I dont want people complaining about being hungry.

One last thing I want to mention again is that this is advertised as a mountain "run", but it is more of a cruise. I want everyone to enjoy themselves and have a great time enjoying all the fall colors and beautiful weather...oh and the quick throttle response of the beemer Lets be civilized and mature when driving, I will not be responsible if anyone decides to act like a dumbass and screw up.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
Longhairedhippy

Name: Longhairedhippy
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 148 / 340
Your Ride: 2000 323Ci
GAH! of course, the weekend you pick for a mountain drive is the weekend I have to take the Volvo :groan: up to Chicago on a college visit. I wish good weather and good luck to anyone going.

Hippy for mod '06!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #3
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhairedhippy
GAH! of course, the weekend you pick for a mountain drive is the weekend I have to take the Volvo :groan: up to Chicago on a college visit. I wish good weather and good luck to anyone going.

Sorry...maybe you can make the next one
Old 10-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #4
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Ah, I wish I had more notice. I've already made other plans.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #5
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
Ah, I wish I had more notice. I've already made other plans.

Like I said, I totally forgot about UB....sorry guys
Old 10-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #6
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Looks like ALL my plans are cancelled now though.