Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Forced Induction Sponsored by: SmartAutoWarranty.com
Discuss Forced Induction on BMWs with SmartAutoWarranty.com (turbos and superchargers).

Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
Dink318i

Name: Dink318i
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 E36 318I
Frozen 318I

I am new on this site, I hope I can meet people with turbo M42 for advice and suggestions. I am not into following and brainwashing so I got an ebay turbo kit. I am sorry to let some of you down I only had to use what i had to make it work. I have one more day to complete the install. I started because i overheated one nite and cracked my head. those of you that are scared of buying an ebay turbo kit just buy garrett guts for the turbo, then you can feel like you have something name brand on your car or just waste more money on buying a name brand turbo. as my build comes to the next stage where i test and tune i will post the whats and what nots of the ebay turbo kit. I will be the GP for the rest of you and we will see how it holds up. like I said I am not listening you anyone who has not done it or who can not prove what they are saying! I will post honestly if i blow the car up i will post that is was because it was this or that and relay helpful information for everyone with my post. Remember the turbo just pushes air you tune is what you have to be aware of and software just get the Miller W.A.R chip 9 times out of 10 we are not racing on a circuit on here and some car are using this chip on the circuit I got mine blank for $350. I will post all i have later today so we can put the ebay turbo kit under a microscope. thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Dink318i

Click here to set it up.
If you have 5k and another 3k for installation of a turbo on your car i feel this thread is a waste of your time or you can go buy the turbo and pay me 1500 and i will install for you.
this is for the person who just wants more horse power and is a turbo fan as i am. I purchased the ebay turbo kit and no it dose not come with everything you need in fact some of the stuff i am throwing out like the cheap BOV, it didn't even fit the BOV pipe and really that was the only thing i am not using. it comes with a 57 trim turbo ( you can rebuild it with garret parts as it is a knock off of a garrett, they say max output is 450 hp if you do not have a built motor you are not squeezing that much out of a M42, the Intercooler piping is good, the Intercooler is probably on the cheap side i will upgrade the whole system in time but for now i will get experience building and tuning, and who cares if you are the DIY type you can get a whole motor shipped to your house for $650 most of your tires cost more than that.

In my case I had a cracked head most places said that they did not repair cracked aluminum but the places that did charges $300, I got a use head in good condition but the cams were spun so i used the cams and cam housing from my old head, it looked like someone did not do oil changes at all. so with the engine opening up and the new head on the way i said why not go for a cheap turbo kit! the ebay turbo kit came with 57 trim turbo, oil feed and drain kit, vacuum tee's a lines, turbo timer, manual boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, turbo manifold, down pipe, boost gauge, wastegate, intercooler and more than enough piping and couplings i used almost half of it. to complete the kit you will need fuel pump, Comectic head gasket, ARP 2000 head studs, I got 440cc injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump, and some type of engine management. I got the W.A.R. Chip, it is like a stand alone and it give you total control over spark, fuel, and boost, and can not wait to get on the dyno with it, and you will need a maf. I got the wrong one for a 95 motor i am researching to see if i can splice some lines to make it work. you will need to get some extra nipples for the oil lines and for you guys that will have a top mount on an e36 good luck i was quoted $1500 for a custom job and there really isn't enough room for a good top mount in a e36, the strut tower is too close. but the kit came with catch can, and that is the other thing i am throwing to the side till i get a scavenger pump, the turbo is too close to the oil pan i foresee draining issues without it.

Last edited by Dink318i; 09-16-2010 at 08:16 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Dink318i

Click here to set it up.
Ebay Turbo Kit!!!

After fighting this build i am finally at 10.5 psi and the onlything left of the ebay turbo kit on my car is the exhuast manifold, down pipe, and inter cooling.... I do not advised to purchase the entire kit..you may use ebay to purchase parts with good reputation but the turbo kit comes with very low grade parts that will not tolerate the forces of a turbo car properly...I be posting on Bimmerwerkz.com M42 turbo build you can read the event over the past 12 months there.