Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:25 PM   #16
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeaq328i
The Ferrari reprsentive flies in here and go to the royal palace to inform the king about the new models.
That is truly amazing
Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #17
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Minimum wage here I think is about $5.50 an hour (but that's almost unseen) and I think fulltime is 40 hours a week.

Workers in the county I live in make an average of $47,583 a year, the County Business Patterns reports.... meaning about one out of every two people you see driving along is making over $50 grand a year (USD).

Old 09-29-2005, 03:49 PM   #18
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
when I go to dealerships people give me the looks like why are you here because I only go there to look at a new car or something. Even though a few times I have been looking at cars for my mom to get, but whatever. The Toyota dealerships have been the nicest to me so far, the BMW ones are ok to some extent.

Would be cool if you came to the USA Zeag!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:51 PM   #19
zeaq328i

Name: zeaq328i
Title: BMW 328i
Rate My Car: 314 / 340
Your Ride: BMW 328i and Dad's S320*NowLondon underground Tube*
I forgot to add, the only big organization here that offers good pay is SHELL (Oil Company). They are the only company that control the oil and gas here. The profit made by Brunei shell will be share like 20% to Dutch Shell, 10% to Mitsubishi corp. and 70% to the Brunei Government.That's why many Bruneians wants to work at Brunei Shell.

Wit shark,
Ferrari, Bentley or any exotics cars company are willing to send their representatives here because the Sultan will buy not only one but 100-200 cars.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #20
zeaq328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94bmw325i
when I go to dealerships people give me the looks like why are you here because I only go there to look at a new car or something. Even though a few times I have been looking at cars for my mom to get, but whatever. The Toyota dealerships have been the nicest to me so far, the BMW ones are ok to some extent.

Would be cool if you came to the USA Zeag!

I think Toyota Corp has set up a rule that all Toyota staff around the world must treat customers well.
I’ve notice the service provided by Toyota and Lexus showroom worldwide always being rated 5 stars.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 PM   #21
Red_Rocket

Name: Red_Rocket
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 214 / 340
Your Ride: E30 325
I will tell you a good BMW dealer story............

OK so i buy some new control arms for my car off the net at a BMW parts store.
I get under the car to start working on it, take everything off, and then i figure out that the arm bushings are shot, so i go to the dealer buy some new bushings, and realize that they have to be pressed onto the control arm, I ask the guy at the counter if they have a hydrolic press to do the job, and he tells me they dont do that at the dealer, and im like WTF?

So i drive around looking in everyshop i know of for a press, I called the Rep who sold my dad his bimmer, and leave a message on his voice mail, By this time i am about to hand my brand new control arms and bushings to those monkeys at PEP BOYS, when my phone rings, and its the Rep from United BMW (thats the dealer, ha ha almost like united bimmer)

Any way he says " yea bring it in we will do it for you." so i go all the way back to the dealer and the rep takes it back and in under a min i have my control arm bushings pressed,

And then i tell him the deal and he tells me that the people at the counter are dumbasses

so the Moral is Some people are asses and dont feel like walking 15 ft to the shop to find out if they will do job (ass at the counter)

And others will do waht ever it takes to keep a customer coming back (sales Rep)

oh yea and can you believe the dealers dont accept the BMW CCA discount any more WTF???
Old 09-29-2005, 05:49 PM   #22
BMWbeauty416

Name: BMWbeauty416
Rate My Car: 215 / 340
VERY GOOD CONTROL!

I would have grabed her by the hair and told her "hear this you little Cunt - - - -"

ok maybe not but I would have at least told her she was a cunt and she needed to get the stick outta that whore ass of hers!

~*Teg*~
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM   #23
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rocket

oh yea and can you believe the dealers dont accept the BMW CCA discount any more WTF???
mine still does. If i get the right parts rep i can sometimes get up to 20% off

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 09-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #24
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
i guess i'm lucky i met most of the guys that work at my local dealership at the race track...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #25
TJsBimm

Name: TJsBimm
Rate My Car: 224 / 340
Your Ride: 97 328i
Fantasy world women!! Since I sell them I can be a bitch but at the end of the day I get in my shiity ass nissan! Some people are nuts like that, the service manager at the dealership where mines serviced lives like that as well. I walked in to pick up my car and bc I wasn't wearing something nice (T-shirt shorts and work boots) he pretty much acted like I was below him and I make probably twice as much as he does in a year. Stupid ass people!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 PM   #26
defkon99

Name: defkon99
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 50 / 340
Your Ride: 1993 E36
hey Nice call Zeaq~!
Old 09-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #27
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Ohhhh boy.

This is NOT NORMAL at our dealership, we treat our customers (Parts, used cars, new cars)....or potential customers with high value.

I am shocked to hear this about your dealership....but I guess ours is unique.

We were awarded The 2005 BMW Center Of Excellence Award, which means that we had the best customer service and our overall customer ratings were outstanding. Only 22 out of 330 dealerships in our region were awarded it.

And.....BMW of North America Inc. recognizes only 46 centers in the United States with this award.

The Centers of Excellence are evaluated on how the entire dealership team provides extraordinary levels of client care and BMW excitement. Customer surveys of sales and service experiences at the BMW center. Our BMW Center achieved the highest customer satisfaction rating for BMW centers with similar size business volume.

Anywho. Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you should notify BMW about your experience as a client.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
Red_Rocket

Name: Red_Rocket
Rate My Car: 214 / 340
Your Ride: E30 325
Well It was only the jackass at the counter,that just looks at the comp for part numbers and stuff.....well and another time when the people in the back were replacing the rear window seals with a flat edge screw driver and f-ed the paint up, and then didnt push the seals all the way in so that they would cover his F-up.

But other than that, the service is great if you talk to the right people.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:05 AM   #29
zeaq328i

It’s not worth complaining to BMW since I didn’t buy the car from them. It’s only the brochures. If I did buy a car from there I probably would complain to the board of directors until she gets fired! Just kidding, I won’t do that. I do notice some dealers here see what you wear. If you wear a T shirt and shorts, they will see you like a labourer or something.

I agree with Red Rocket, service will be great if treat the mechanics/service guy as a good friend. I always do that at the Mercedes Workshop and BMW. I treat them like a good friend until one mechanic replaces a new bulb for free without the manager’s knowledge.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:28 AM   #30
01Mike330i

Name: 01Mike330i
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 231 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWbeauty416
VERY GOOD CONTROL!

I would have grabed her by the hair and told her "hear this you little Cunt - - - -"

No wonder you all love this girl!!!