Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Detailing and Cleaning
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Detailing and Cleaning Sponsored by: Autogeek.net
Discuss waxing, cleaning, detailing and everything in between here to keep your bimmer looking its very best.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #1
BMWFreak

Name: BMWFreak
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 213 / 340
Your Ride: 1987 325i Convertible
Dings and End Spots!!!

So how many people here go out of your way to find an end spot when parking your car, and then pull as close to the curb as possible so assholes don't slam their car doors into the side of your car? Well anyway, even though I've done this since I got my car, my car was a gift from my uncle who had it since it was new. Over the years it has accumulated a crapload of tiny little dings and they SUCK!!!!
Theyre not too noticable unless you look for them but I want them removed. Does neone know a cheaper way of getting them removed other than spending a 1000 bucks at your local detailer or autobody shop?
srry i'm a little smiley happy lol.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
at work I always park my e30 far out and half in a spot and half in some striped no parking area at the end of parking rows so I get a good buffer on both sides of it, in other spots I try to park away from people.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I like to park as far out as possible. I do the end spot on the curb thing, and in mall parking garages, I park right next to a support pole. I hear there are cheap ding removal services that don't need to repaint after the work is done. Try a google of "paintless ding/dent removal"
Old 03-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
pswirley

Name: pswirley
Rate My Car: 222 / 340
Your Ride: 93 325i
Paintless dent removal is a good option. Its still not as cheap as you may think it is. I park wherever, but I have the luxury of filling body damage and repainting my car annually. You can also get OEM colored paint pens for touchups that typically blend fairly well.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
+1 on the dent removal

I haven't had any dings put on my car by other people
by brother (previous driver) crashed it into a Passat once, drove down a ditch hitting a reflector post which is why my left side rear wheel well is still bent, and I have a crcked windshield, cracked hi-beam glass (left side) and dent on the hood probably for driving behind a truck or tractor or sth
Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
f16dude

Name: f16dude
Rate My Car: 97 / 340
Your Ride: 1992 e30 convertible
i feel your pain man. My 92 was a gift from my Uncle too. He left it to me in his will, since I loved it so much. He had it new also. I baby the thunder out of that car. It has a rug under it in the garage with its name embroidered on it, a car blanket, and an electric heater. Heck it even has a night light. That car has it better than some humans im sure. I have gotten to the point of not wanting to park it anywhere at all due to careless people. I bribe someone with a convertible ride, and make them go in a pick up things while I casually avoid parking.

Back to your question: Yes they can remove small dings without re-paint. Locally here in Oklahoma I had a mom and pop shop take every ding off my car for a tidy sum of $300. (there were roughly 7 or 8 dings all arround the car) It hails here all the time, and im ashaimed to say I got caught in a pretty bad storm. After the insurance appraised all the damage and payed in full for the dent removal to these guys, I worked a deal to just remove all the dents for little more. I guess wait for Hail... lol!

Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
f16dude

Name: f16dude
Rate My Car: 97 / 340
Your Ride: 1992 e30 convertible
and by the way, that hail storm is the ONLY bad weather that car has ever seen. Never been snowed on, sprinkled on, or iced over. Im pretty proud of that.