Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding ušak biletleri.

Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Trip to LA/GTO Race

so i have two stories in one..i havent posted much cause life has been crazy.

So on July 5 or 6th dont remeber anymore...I drove to LA from Middletown CA to visit some friends. Since my moms a trusting women..and Im a semi responsible young adult...I had permission to drive her 2001 330ci to LA. So ont he way down we made it in about 7 hours to Whitter CA(30 south of LA..aprx) The way down i followed a Audi TT for about 5 miles at 95-110mph. Just cruising down I-5. I then kinda raced a Lancer. It was just a normal one..no evo. I took his ass.
The way back from LA i drove the grapevine at 100mph+ the entire way..no problems with the car..or cops. Half way through a 2005 525i pulled up behind me while cruising at 100mph. We took off together gracefully going through traffic(no aggression) at 120+. I followed him for about 25-30min. Either way...i got from Whittier CA to Middletown CA in 6 hours. The trip actually took 7, but we(friend) stopped for taco bell for 40min and bought gas in Dublin(south bay CA). Thats pretty good time i thought. We hit some traffic in LA and some in San Fran area also.

So for the third story....I was driving the 330 up Cobb mountian pass. Its a a hill that most cars can only go 45-60 on max..thats realyl pushing it. Well i was pulling up to the base when i saw a friend who bought himself a new Pontiac GTO. V8 4.? ltr engine..huge. Well so we took off...i folowed up the entire mountain at 80-100..which was nuts and i will never do it again...but i kept up throught he turns..actually gained some time. While he pulled away slowly on starights..because he obviously has more hp then me. So we met up..he was impressed by the 3.0ltr 220hp. I told him the same and we went our ways.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 08-17-2005, 08:40 PM   #2
bmw4life

Name: bmw4life
Title: Addicted BMW Freak
Rate My Car: 112 / 340
nice... way to represent. I wish I had a 01 330 to drive around
Old 08-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
nice stufff man. exelent skills through the twisties

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 08-18-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Schwing.....

Old 08-21-2005, 05:22 AM   #5
gotKRAUT

Name: gotKRAUT
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 87 325es, 67 beetle, 85 scirocco, 03 malibu, 99 ram 2500 turbo diesel
i wish i had a GTO to drive around..muscle with IRS...mmmm the potential is endless!

1967 VW Beetle 1985 VW Scirocco 1987 BMW 325es 2003 Chevy Malibu
Old 11-10-2005, 04:14 AM   #6
04bostonsound

Name: 04bostonsound
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Dude what are u talking about, I ditched ur ass PLUS my rear tires had the wires hanging out from burnouts
Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 AM   #7
04bostonsound

Click here to set it up.
In addition, I purpose we do it again now that I have relatively new tires (backs have about 1/3 life left) Do it now while I'm still stock, that will change REALLY quick
Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #8
hamann318is

Name: hamann318is
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 99 / 340
I'd rather have a Vauxhall Monaro. Pontiac didn't even bother to reorient the console for LHD.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
04bostonsound

Click here to set it up.
what was there to really change except the volume knob on the cd player and the hand brake? All the controls are circles evenly spaced across the center, with the emergency flashers upove them. Every car I've owned has had the hand brake on the side that mine is now. oh well, to each his own. I like the manaro HSV with AWD that they have in australia, Id do a conversion to mine except the right hand drive conflicts with some linkage. anywho, check out the interior and tell me what you think should be changed.

http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge-gto.ph....jpg?imagealt=

Have a nice day and drive safe
Old 11-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #10
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04bostonsound
Dude what are u talking about, I ditched ur ass PLUS my rear tires had the wires hanging out from burnouts
in the turns or in the straights

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 11-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #11
04bostonsound

Click here to set it up.
both actually, whenever I got too far ahead on the straights though, Id wait for him to catch up before the first turn came up because its no fun unless you can see the other guy sliding the corners

EDIT: Only way to solve this is to do it when the roads clear up. You bring your camera, I'll bring mine. Get a passenger to record eachothers cars and have some fun with it

EDIT #2: He did very well in the turns I must admit, but I was still pullin away.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 PM   #12
hamann318is

Name: hamann318is
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 99 / 340
Quote:
what was there to really change except the volume knob on the cd player and the hand brake? All the controls are circles evenly spaced across the center, with the emergency flashers upove them. Every car I've owned has had the hand brake on the side that mine is now. oh well, to each his own. I like the manaro HSV with AWD that they have in australia, Id do a conversion to mine except the right hand drive conflicts with some linkage. anywho, check out the interior and tell me what you think should be changed.

http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge-gto.ph....jpg?imagealt=

Have a nice day and drive safe
Granted, I'd choose one over a Corvette or something, but it seems that Pontaic halfassed it.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
04bostonsound

Click here to set it up.
I agree with you on that it was a little bit rushes, but there arent really any cars that I dont feel are half assed these days. I am a firm believer that bmw doesnt half ass anything they do. I was inches from buying a new M3, but with a 50k+ price tag I steered away from it. Great car, but a little too high priced for the performance it has. So, I got a GTO for 26k out the door that is really comparable with the m3 in all performance catagories, Ive always been a GM guy so I gave it a go. I have 25k I can now put towards mods.
Cars I was looking at buying
STI
EVO
02 Trans am
M3
GTO

The gto was the best buy for the buck plus it was 2nd to the m3 for interior quality. cant complain really.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 AM   #14
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Quote:
both actually, whenever I got too far ahead on the straights though, Id wait for him to catch up before the first turn came up because its no fun unless you can see the other guy sliding the corners

EDIT: Only way to solve this is to do it when the roads clear up. You bring your camera, I'll bring mine. Get a passenger to record eachothers cars and have some fun with it

EDIT #2: He did very well in the turns I must admit, but I was still pullin away.
dude...ok. lets asses the situation. Your car has how much power? and u pulled away on starights dude, i kept on the turns man, you know that.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 11-11-2005, 01:27 AM   #15
04bostonsound

Click here to set it up.
lets do it right now, i was pulling away on the corners with BALD tires in the rear ill send u a msn message