Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding uak biletleri.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
The "almost wreck" thread.

Im sure you most of you guys have almost hit a wall, or almost hit a pedestrian or almost went off a cliff or something...lets here it.

THis was inspried on my way home from a after graduation party(held by the school so it was sober). I was invited to attend so i did, and as usuall i was the chaufer(spelling?) It was 5.45 in the morning, just dropped everyone off and was heading home.

This driveway had gravel in it so i did what any normal idtio driving would do and floored it turning onto the highway. Got my car nice and sideways for a few feet tires smoking like crazy, the whole nine yards. Then i get the car slidding in the opposite direction and over correct.

Going straight at a wall at around 25-30mph. Clutch, brakes and holding on for dear life. Heh..i steered away from the wall hit the horn and came about 6 inches from the wall.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
heh, if ur understeering, dont press the brakes, dont lock ur tires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
Numark318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
heh, if ur understeering, dont press the brakes, dont lock ur tires!
I didnt brake till it was absolutely nesscesary. Anyway...ABS for the win. Im sure i would have wrecked my car 5 times by now if i wouldnt have ABS

Old 06-20-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
i prefer the old school where you can actually lock your tires, actually, on one of my bro's audis, you could actually turn the ABS off, i thought that was pretty sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-20-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
Numark318i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
i prefer the old school where you can actually lock your tires, actually, on one of my bro's audis, you could actually turn the ABS off, i thought that was pretty sick
well i guess i can just pull teh ABS relay...we did that on my friends Saab. HA!

Old 06-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #6
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
^^^Thinking of doing that to mine. My ABS triggers a lot over these potholes and bumps here . . annoying.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #7
zeaq328i

Name: zeaq328i
Title: BMW 328i
Rate My Car: 314 / 340
Your Ride: BMW 328i and Dad's S320*NowLondon underground Tube*
I remember sudden brake, My seat belt becomes tight . It pulls me back.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #8
jybute

Name: jybute
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330xi, 2007 X5 3.0, 1991 318is
Yeah last night actually, I was merging onto the freeway and as Im cutting across four lanes the guy in the third lane decides to tap his brakes and it took every reflex I have to avoid hitting him, well fuck him... I followed him to his exit and started to beak. Well his wife told me to be quiet they had there kid in the car. If you have your kid in the car you shouldnt be screwing around like that.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #9
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
^^ yeah no shit. but at the same time you cut across four lanes. in the states, if a cop saw you, that would be reckless driving and you'd get raped by a fine bigger than your monthly fuel budget.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #10
Antiburn

Name: Antiburn
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 193 / 340
Your Ride: 92 525, 88 325 hardtop'ed vert and 83 320iS
I was going to work one morning, there was a real light snow fall, enough to cover the road but all the small and local roads around me were plowed and salted. My work is on Rt 1 in Jersey and I have to get onto a S turning on ramp to get on. Every corner on the ramp is a blind corner.
Im get on it normal speed 30mph and I suddendly realize that the ramp wasnt plowed or salted. As I get that little feeling like the ass end of my car is sliding out I see a stopped S500 1/2 way down the ramp with 2 cars infront of it smached into eachother and a cop car sitting on the side. As Im sliding down getting ready to rear end the benz, ABS going off the hook I cut it to the left a little bit and end up stopping next to the benzes rear door.

Ofcourse this is the 1st week I get my car so Im nearly shitting myself. It was kinda funny because I could see the cop and the other 2 people trying to run off to the side.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #11
Numark318i

^^lol dam. Atleast the cars ok....

snow..in July..wtF?

heh today some women in a nissan truck almost hit me after we both decided to be stubborn and not let up on our traffic positions. She had to merge into my lane and i let the car in front of her in front of me, but only that car and not her, cause it should be every other car merging. So i stand my ground and she comes within an inch of my car. I look at her smile and keep going.

Of course to prevent a wreck she let off and got behind me.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #12
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
a couple days ago, I was driving behind some guy who wouldn't go faster than 20 BELOW the speed limit. Mind it, I live in Germany. So next thing I try to pass him but I can't b/c the country road is way too curvy + there's traffic ahead. So finally I get a short, straight strip to pass him, I floor and just as I'm overtaking, he suddenly accelerates. So there's a T-crossing ahead, and I just managed to pass and then hit the breaks as hard as I could. I was really lucky I did that instead of just sliding thru, b/c when I stood there I looked left and there was a Renault Clio crossing like 4 ft in front of my hood doing a 100 km.
Thanks Brembo discs and ABS I still live...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 AM   #13
CroCop>

Name: CroCop>
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 322 / 340
Your Ride: 1996 328i
^^ shit dude.
I hate ppl that do that shit, drive 20 under the speed limit then floor it as your trying to pass them fucks wrong with these ppl?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:02 AM   #14
madagi

Name: madagi
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 325Ci
A couple of months ago I had just finished working the day shift. I got about 1/4 of the way home then realized I forgot my phone at work so I turned around and sped up to around 80 to get back and get home ASAP. I get to this one intersection where there's about 3 cars in front of me... the first 2 keept going straight but the guy directly in front of me turns right. There was another car making a left out onto the highway... he saw the guy in front of me turning and didn't see me I guess so he decided to make his turn right in front of me. Instead of punching it, the idiot decided to slam his breaks putting him all the way across my lane and his nose partiailly in the next lane. I didn't even think I just reacted and swerved around him into the next lane (oncoming traffic) my car was at about a 65 degree angle as I was passing him... I somehow managed to miss the guardrail by inches, missed his car by inches... and avoided all the oncoming traffic that was headed directly towards me.

Might not sound too bad but it scared the living bajesus outta me and considering it was rush hour on a heavily traveled road, I was very thankful no one was hurt.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:08 AM   #15
madagi

Name: madagi
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop>
^^ shit dude.
I hate ppl that do that shit, drive 20 under the speed limit then floor it as your trying to pass them fucks wrong with these ppl?
I hate that too. I figure it's one of 2 things...

1. They weren't paying attention (ie. cell phone, talking to a passenger, daydreaming, whateva) and didn't realize how slow they were going.

OR more likely...

2. It's a control thing and they figure they were in front of you to begin with so that's their "rightful" place on the road.

9 times outta 10 it's the latter of the two.