Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding ušak biletleri.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #1
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
The story of a scared trucker

Moving east on the interstate, I'm moving quite fast -- nobody in sight for a minute and then I catch up to traffic. 2 cars in the right lane and a truck (like the one that would deliver your appliances) in the left.

I really don't mind slowing down for a second, but this guy is taking 2 minutes to pass the other 2 cars. I partially move over into the breakdown lane on the left just to let him know I'm there -- my lights illuminating the side of his truck. Hi !

A mile later, gap opens up in front of that car and behind the truck. I mash the skinny pedal as hard as possible, revs hit astronomical heights and the 5er starts to soar past the back of the truck. And just as I came to the middle of that truck, he puts his turn signal on and moves right in front of me ... almost on me. I mash the brakes, the noise of the sqeal overcomes the engine noise of both of us and the speed drops faster than it was put on (any surprise there ?)

Flick of the steering wheel and I'm now in the left lane again, blasting this guy with my high beams... they may not be physically high, but 2 of them and 2 low-beams are sure to shed some light even on the highest of vehicles. I stay there for a moment ... several, and then proceed to accelerate and cut in front of the trucker. As I'm still accelerating, he flashes his lights a few times. Okie dokie guy.

As his lights flicker, so do my brake lights -- I'm slowing down to wait for this fucker. I move into the left lane ... yet again and slowly brake. He seems to be braking too. At this point I've slowed down to like 50 ... and he is at my quarter-panel but is not passing me. WTF ?

Was this guy scared I was going to take his life or was he just scared of the light ? I guess we'll never know.

I finally got sick of driving like that so I hit it, took my exit and grabbed a left that was still green to go home.

Old 07-15-2005, 07:48 PM   #2
hamann318is

Name: hamann318is
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 99 / 340
Some major tool in some yellow truck cut me off on I85 once. I laid on the horn and dropped it to 4th, so he knew I was there. The little bitch ran all the way accross the 6 lanes of traffic to avoid me.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Once on a road trip, 3 truckers lined up all 3 lanes blocking me at about 50 or so. It was night and flashing lights didn't work at all. I finally had enough. I back off a bit acting like I gave up. Then I changed to the right. Downshift and screamed up like I'm gonna hit the right lane truck from behind, quick changed to the break down lane and flew by before any reaction could even happen
Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #4
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
hahaha...nice
Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 PM   #5
///95M3

Name: ///95M3
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
I almost got ran up under a truck by some mitsu diamante dumbass who didnt know i was comming up on him. If it wasnt for good M brakes and that loud ass horn I probably wouldnt be typing this.
Rd Atlanta: 1:44's on RA1's, 1:46 st.trs
Past cars
95 M3 3.2obd1
540i/6
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
Well I did lay on the horn, but he didn't seem to give a shit. God, I hate stupid people. Too bad I never got around to installing dual air horns. I truely am sorry...
Old 07-16-2005, 12:31 AM   #7
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
I love semi-trucks only because I was saved going 25 over on my way to Kansas City.

BUT....when I'm rollin' in the bimmers. I'm very cautious and careful. They can be my worst enemy.....flinging up rocks and whatnot....causing windshield/hood damage.

great story torque.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
Longhairedhippy

Name: Longhairedhippy
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 148 / 340
Your Ride: 2000 323Ci
i have sworn wengeance on all truckers beacause one of them kicked up a rock and pitted my windshield. then, another one was cruising at about 60, completely oblivious to the fact that his rearmost inside tire was nothing but sidewall and was flinging rubber all over the highway. damn retread.

Hippy for mod '06!