Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Introductions and Greetings
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Introductions and Greetings Sponsored by: match.com
New to the site? introduce yourself here and tell us a little about you and your sled. This is the "Hi, my name is and i drive" forum.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
Zone One

Name: Zone One
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 325I
94 325I no power problem

Hello all and thank you for the welcome. I just wanted to ask a question that might not have a simple answer.

I own a 93 accord and am about to trade it for a 94 325I that looks like crap. The appearance isn't what's bothering me though. My Honda has more pull than this Bimmer. I have driven these cars and know they should have more power than this. I want the car and I know I will take very good care of it. I just want to know what the worst case scenario could be.

I know simple things like fuel filters and air filters can cause this but when your injectors are going, can this give a lack of power on the entire power band with no jumping and pinging? Would the injectors give a steady problem or would it be something that comes and goes?

I have no idea how this guy took care of this car. I will give it a complete tune up. Oil, plugs, plug boots, all filters. But after all that, if the car still has no power what ideas do any of you have?

Thank you for taking the time to read this wall of text.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
Big Evil

Name: Big Evil
Title: Moderator
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 BMW 525i, 1987 325is, 1986 325
In the service you might want to see about taking it for an intake cleaning, injector cleaning and some fuel additive. BG makes the best stuff, take it to a shop that does it (has it). The fuel additive should go in on a full tank, fill the tank back up when it gets to half, then run like you normally would. The results may not be immediately apparent but I did it to mine when the the BG guy was in demo-ing it for our shop. My 5 runs like a champ (94 with the M50tu engine). It was good to start with but better then ever after.

Also, BMW's of that era aren't necessarily tire shredders off the line (yes, there are those that do it), they're more built to do 155 on the autoban all day long without breaking a sweat.

One other thing, when you replace stuff. Stick with OEM and NEVER go anywhere near DDM. That is unless you like crashing into stuff when you HID's fail and your lowered struts collapse.
Big Evil, The BMW driving monster of the American Southwest (Currently on BMW #5)
Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Zone One

Name: Zone One
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 325I
That makes sense to buy OEM. That's with any car. Unless you have the money to keep fixing something that hits the street cause it's too low or just like you said with the lights. I intend to keep the car looking like it was meant to. Beautiful. Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely going to make her look pretty but as for parts. OEM it is. Thanks for the advise. I'm taking the car tomorrow. I did find some re-manufactured injectors from Bosch. What do you think of this? Just to have them replaced? I just don't want to be on my way to work and this car leave me stranded.