Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion > BMW News And RSS Feeds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW News And RSS Feeds BMW RSS feeds and news

Old 03-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
BMW cuts the glare with M3 Matte Edition for China

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, China, BMW

BMW M3 Matte Edition - Click above for high-res images

Automakers have all sorts of different ways of celebrating milestone anniversaries. In the case of the M3, which turns 25 years old this year, BMW opted to roll out a series of special editions for individual markets. Japan, for example, got the Competition Fire Orange Edition. Here in the United States, we got the Frozen Gray edition. Australia got the Pure edition, and in China they got the Tiger edition. The latter proved so popular that BMW has opted to roll out a second special edition for the People's Republic.

Called the Matte Edition, its defining feature, as you might have guessed, is the matte black paint job, complimented by black chrome trim, high-gloss 19-inch alloys to contrast with the low-gloss body, red brake calipers and an interior decked out with carbon fiber trim and red stitching. Mechanically, the Matte Edition is exactly the same as a stock M3, but the color scheme is one of the most attractive we've seen yet. Follow the jump for the official press release (translated into English).

Gallery: BMW M3 Matte Edition

[Source: BMW]Continue reading BMW cuts the glare with M3 Matte Edition for China

BMW cuts the glare with M3 Matte Edition for China originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...