Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 07-05-2005, 12:47 AM   #1
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
I hate my job.

I hate my job.

I work at dunkin donuts. I make 7$ an hour plus some tips.
I work about 35 hours a week. (Only because the company refuses to give people more than that to avoid any over time, including the poor Brazilians they have working 60+ hours a week at 2 or 3 different stores to avoid paying them)

Saturdays and Sundays I wake up at 4 AM to work for 5AM. Work till, noon or 1. So I get a 7 or 8 hour day in before most people even have their lunch break. I spend most of the day working head set for drive through, Serving the lowest echelon of humans. People addicted to hot water, and ground up plant beans. Fat people coming in and ordering the most disgusting breakfast "sandwiches".
The eggs are fake. The "sausage" isn’t sausage. And up until recently. The bacon did not need to be refrigerated, at any time...

If I take an order. I have to remember the order. Unlike McDonalds or other fast food places, we don’t have a computer to write down orders. Though this may not seem complicated, when you have to remember 5 or 6 coffees, each ones size, flavor (we have like 11 now) kind of dairy, how much, kind of sweetener, and how many. It gets pretty tough. People don’t listen to a word you say. They place their order, and often times I will repeat it back to them, PERFECT. If anything I improve on their grammar or pronunciation. They then proceed to tell me I’m wrong. And when they pull around to the window. Then comment how we take too long (when them, and ever cocksmoke around them places a 10 item order, on drive through) and proceed to get mad at US because THEY were too stupid to say they wanted an ICED coffee.

I then am told how were ripping them off. and that 1.70$ for a medium coffee is outrageous and they can get a cup twice as large at the gas station for 69cents... well fat ass go to the fucking gas station or are you too over weight ( or stupid) to actually go inside the building and... GASP.... make your own fucking coffee.

After giving them their change. They then sit there, and hold up the line while they put the money away. Take out their phone. Do what ever it is they do.

Occasionally ill go to take an order, and the person on the other end will just ignore me... asshole. I can hear everything you say. I know your talking on the phone. Have some fucking respect. Hang up your phone. Place your order. Preferably in the following order.

Coffee /latte /coolatta
Hot / iced
Size
Flavor
Sugar
Cream
Anything special

You can not comprehend the number of times some one will say “medium coffee cream and sugar" mind you while they talk I make the cofee. Then after I say “anything else" they say “oh that’s an iced coffee"

Dragging out your order like, “ya..... Can I get.....? A medium..... Cofee..." ECT does not create the illusion that you actually have any direction with the order, nor does it flatter your intelligence.

On occasion, especially in the morning the line will be backed up and a car may sit at the box for a few minutes. Then when we asked for their order. They say, oh uh uh uh uh.... WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN DOING SITTING THERE!!! Sticking your thumb up your ass or something

Driving up to the speaker box and say “hello" regardless of tone or intent is not appreciated. We know your there, and will get to you as soon as possible.

Now for the "retard parade" as I like to call it. When there is no one coming in, I mean could be 11:55 pm (5 minutes before we close) in a rain storm, on Christmas Eve.... during the apocalypse. One semi-intelligent person will come through with a quick, clear and well organized order. They will immediately be followed by another person, with a sloppy order. This will continue for, 7-10 cars before another break. It’s as if people are SO impressionable they follow the car in front of them.

Finally.... for now, I understand the motivation of ever first and second grade teacher in the United States.
"I need a medium..."
"Can I get a medium...?”
“Get me a medium..."
....ECT ARE NOT acceptable in the English language.

"May I have a..." is the proper manor to ask a question.
This may not seem big but dealing with it everyday just drives me mad.

Well I hope my rant made you feel better about your own jobs.

to any one who is a Dunkin Donuts customer. a pox, upon your house, upon your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Wow. I read every word of that.

That sucks that you hate your job man, and actually this made an impact on me. I'm going to start being more polite at drive throughs... heh

Have you thought about quitting and getting a job somewhere else?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:58 AM   #3
TerryY

Name: TerryY
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 7 / 340
And that is why my Daughter lasted less than a week in fast food

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 07-05-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
dude, that sucks...i now remember why i told my parents i would NEVER work in food places.

and i'm never going to DD again, now i geel bad

definitely going to be more polite from now on...

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
SHAHAB323IS

Name: SHAHAB323IS
Title: Professional Noob
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 323is
i work at steak and shake, i know how you feel
Old 07-05-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
haha damn... you need a job like me...
i work at a double tree hotel across from the beach doing valet and bellhopping.
I get paid minimum which i think is like 6.75 or something...
tips... during the summer i have been making anywhere from 50-100 dollars.
all my shifts are a full 8.5 - .5 for lunch hour shifts.... i usually dont ever work that long..sometimes half that, but still get paid for the full 8 hours... hahaha
Old 07-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #7
komodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
i work at a double tree hotel across from the beach doing valet and bellhopping.
all my shifts are a full 8.5 - .5 for lunch hour shifts.... i usually dont ever work that long..sometimes half that, but still get paid for the full 8 hours... hahaha
My job beats that. I sit at home surfing ub.c, occasionally making phone calls and answering emails. I can go out whenever I want and work whatever hours I choose, be it noon or 3am.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:44 AM   #8
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
ya, and you can afford buying all this crap... want to hire me harry? please?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:46 AM   #9
zeaq328i

Name: zeaq328i
Title: BMW 328i
Rate My Car: 314 / 340
Your Ride: BMW 328i and Dad's S320*NowLondon underground Tube*
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
My job beats that. I sit at home surfing ub.c, occasionally making phone calls and answering emails. I can go out whenever I want and work whatever hours I choose, be it noon or 3am.
Will that job last until your retirement?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #10
komodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeaq328i
Will that job last until your retirement?
I'm about to start college, I plan on continuing this company through college and when I get out, making it my full time career, hopefully builiding it to enterprise level, at which point I won't have to worry about that.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:32 AM   #11
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
**getting on his soapbox . .**

Like many people, I first started working in retail places and worked my way up to management. But I left that industry long ago for pretty much the same reasons. But thank goodness I knew when to leave before I started dragging my coworkers down with my jaded disposition. Then there's the occasional poor customer who walked into my wrath and had to deal with my attitude because the guy before him pissed me off. I realized the more I hated these 'stupid' customers, the more I was turning out to be just like them, and even worse, I was starting to become part of my own problem. That's when I knew something had to change.

I'm not saying that's you, Hoppy, and please don't take offense to what I'm relating. But my point is that if it ain't working out for you, get out and move on before you really lose your cool. That place will run with or without your problems, and none will be the wiser for your troubles and effort, so it's best to save your sanity. It ain't worth it, and only you have the power to change your situation. The retail/food service industry is one of the toughest places to make a living because you're in constant contact with the public. You can choose to either love 'em or leave 'em, but people will always be people
Old 07-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #12
528man

Name: 528man
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
im a bellhop too for the only 5 star inn in NC. Its great. I just got employee of the month which came with a 100 dollar bonus. 7.50 and hour plus 25-120 dollar tips a day. Its very nice, but they work me 45 hours a week.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 AM   #13
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
You should look for another job.

I'm glad I don't interract with customers in any way, shape or form at my job. Whew.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #14
LandoAWD

Name: LandoAWD
Click here to set it up.
I think we have all been in Hoppy's position at least once. The trick is to move on when opportunity presents itself.

"Like short sleeves, I bear arms"
Old 07-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #15
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
Click here to set it up.
so im supposed to work noon-6 today
one of the other workers was supposed to cover for me because i have a dentist appointment at noon. but called last night at like 1030 to tell me he couldnt... so i called a bunch of people last night, no one could come in. so i awoke this morning, feeling like crap. so what the hell kill two birds with one stone right? i go to call out sick, and i have to talk to our gay argentinian district manager. who tells me i have to bring in a doctors note. i dont feel good. but not that bad to warent a visit to the doctors. i told him that, and he gave me the "well thats the rules" i told him that if thats how they treat thier employees then it no wonder they arnt able to hold onto employees. getting at the idea that im gunna quit.

now, i suck at poker. because i dont bluff. apearantly he thought i was. so i hung up, and went down to the store in person to quit right to him, cause well i hate the cock muncher ( literaly) when i got there he had just left. ( actualy walked out the back door as i rounded the corner) and i didnt have the hart to quit on my manager because shes wicked nice. i broke a register one day and she didnt freak out.

i basicly told her not to put me on the next weeks schedual, IE "i quit". she said she would try to find some one to come in and work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.