Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E36
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E36 General discussion and technical help for (E36) 1992-1999 3 series cars. 318, 323, 325, 328.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #1
mpowerd

Name: mpowerd
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
This is the E36 I am looking to buy...

Hey guys, I wanted to wait until I had a chance to look at the car before I said anything or posted anything. I finally went out and looked at it and it was hands down, the nicest, cleanest, and sickest E36 that I have ever driven. Just to give you a taste of how it drove...I got to 100 in 10sec in 3rd gear...I had the biggest grin on my face. Anyways, we'll start with the mods list and then work our way into the pictures.

MODS:

* 3.2 Liter engine with M50 head and thicker valvestems with single VANOS retrofitted on.
* Block has been o-ringed with stainless steel wire
* Copper head gasket
* Active Autowerke Stage2+ (turbo conversion done in 1999/2000) turbo
* Pauter Machine "+" beam connecting rods
* Customer JE forged 8.8:1 pistons
* huge intercooler
* Fuel enrichment is entirely custom! It is all custom software by Karl Hugh at Midwest Motorsport and done in the EEPROM of the Bosch Motronic DME ... it uses 42 lb/hr fuel injectors. No rising rate fuel pressure regular goofiness here!
* HKS Racing wastegate
* Apexi digital boost control (12 -15 psi)
* Apexi Turbo Timer
* e36 M3 5 speed transmission
* Active Autowerke custom lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly specifically made for the horsepower.
* e36 M3 rear differential
* custom rear suspension lateral arm
* custom upper rear shock mounts (JTD)
* rear end floor pan custom welded and reinforced by Leo Franchi's Midwest Motorsports in Glenview Illinois
* Aquamist Water Injection provided by Active Autowerke ... very useful for repatability. It operates off boost pressure (once boost passes about 10 psi it kicks in)
* e36 M3 front seats; the leather on the passenger seat is pristinel; the leather on the driver's seat is new.
* Koni Single Adjustable Shocks
* HR Springs
* little details, like chrome inside door handles and headrests added in the rear
* BMW burlwood kit
* Valentine 1 buried in the 3rd center high mounted stop lamp
* SSR Competition 17x8.5 wheels (back) 17x8 wheels (front)
* front tires 225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza S02, 60% tread
* rear tires 245/40/17 Potenza S03, 90% tread
* stock sound system
* Custom exhaust (which started life as a supersprint stainless steel e36 m3 exhaust and was modified with "sewer drain" exhausting all the way from the wastegate.
* AP Racing 4 piston brakes up front
* e36 M3 brakes in the rear
* UUC short shift kit
* Boost Gauge and Air/Fuel gauge in A pillar
* Volts / Oil Temps / Oil Press under the On board computer in front of the gear shift

Let me know what ya'll think

Now for the pictures
Old 06-20-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
catalyst

Name: catalyst
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 195 / 340
Your Ride: 1994 325is
Wow... that was on ebay a while ago i think, amazing then and still amazing now.

How much are they asking? It looks like everything was professionally done, and its in great condition.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
the one on ebay was blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-20-2005, 10:46 AM   #4
zeaq328i

Name: zeaq328i
Title: BMW 328i
Rate My Car: 314 / 340
Your Ride: BMW 328i and Dad's S320*NowLondon underground Tube*
332i??Hahaha
Old 06-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #5
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
The guy local to me bought it on EBay in Feb. 2005. The car is Granite Silver Metallic, not blue. All the work was done professionally by Active Autowerke in Miami, FL. The books and records for this car is in a binder that is 4 inches thick. It has every reciept ever recieved on the car. And I counted over $60,000 in reciepts from the buildup alone! Me and the guy have become really good friends and he was honest with me and told me that he won the auction for $14,999 and paid $1500 to professionally ship it from California. So based upon that, he told me to make him an offer. I was going to offer him $16,000 and be done with it. This car is by far the nicest tubocharged E36 I have ever seen. The motor is built to handle over 600HP.

Once I get tired of the 400HP it's putting to the ground right now, I'll probably go to AA and do the upgraded turbo, software and injectors and get over 600RWHP. This car has tons of potential and the only reason that the guy is selling it is because he is trying to buy some real estate.

All the leather in the car is brand new. It has manual heated vaders up front. The guy added headrests for the back. It has a V1 hardwired. The Air/Fuel guage is digital which I thought was cool. It has keyless entry with window break sensor. It has a switch to manually turn on the aux fan. It also has a switch to manually turn on and off the water injection. By default, the water injection comes in at 10lbs of boost. It hasa BBK up front, M3 rear brakes. SSR competitions all the way around, wrapped in bridgestone potenza tires.

It has a full custom woodgrain interior, M3 guage cluster, a basstube in the back. And of course it has a turbo with FM intercooler. This thing is quick...it hits 15lbs of boost at 4000RPM and hauls ass. I was at 100 before I knew it. At first it scared the living hell out of me, but after a few more runs, it put a big ass grin on my face.

So you guys think that $16,000 is a good and fair price for this car? Keep in mindt hat it is a 1992 325i that started out as an automatic
Old 06-20-2005, 10:53 AM   #6
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
seems like a very nice car.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #7
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeaq328i
332i??Hahaha

I don't see the humor in that...I think it's freakin awesome. When I buy the car, I'll probably take the i off and put a t on from the 318ti or something.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
yes dude, some losers try to sell their e36 m3's for 17-19 grand... so you are on good ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
yes dude, some losers try to sell their e36 m3's for 17-19 grand... so you are on good ground

Yeah and this car only has 15k on everything that has been done to it...it is a great example of an unmolested modified E36. It was always adult driven so no teenage kid has put 100,000 miles of wear ont he engine in 15,000 miles.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Niiice. Dude, if you get that car that'd be so insane. How much is he asking?

Keep in mind though if he did all this work that means he drove the car hard so you might wanna think of maintance costs down the line...

Old 06-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #11
E36Bimmer

Name: E36Bimmer
Rate My Car: 142 / 340
He bought it in Feb of 2005 and now wants to sell it? I would be a little leary of that, regardless of what he says his reasons are.. take into fact that this thing is totally custom and the repair bills that come with it will be very high. Aside from this it is a beautiful car.. just know what your in for potentially. Also I wouldnt offer more for the car than what he paid- especially since he put some miles on it since then..
Old 06-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #12
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
Niiice. Dude, if you get that car that'd be so insane. How much is he asking?

Keep in mind though if he did all this work that means he drove the car hard so you might wanna think of maintance costs down the line...

He didn't do all the work to it...and the guy that had it before and did all the work to it was literally anal. I called AA in miami and they confirmed that this guy built the car as a weekend driver, but never drove it. He was some asian guy with tons of money. And the guy who has owned it since Feb. Has put probably 2000 miles on it and I have talked to a few of his close friends and trhey say he drives the thing like a grandma. Shifting at like 3500 RPMs and such. So i'm not worried about the beating of the car as much as if there is anythingwrong with it right now. I'm having my good friend go otu to look at it this week. And I'm not worried about maintainence either...I got the hookups for that
Old 06-20-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpowerd
He didn't do all the work to it...and the guy that had it before and did all the work to it was literally anal. I called AA in miami and they confirmed that this guy built the car as a weekend driver, but never drove it. He was some asian guy with tons of money. And the guy who has owned it since Feb. Has put probably 2000 miles on it and I have talked to a few of his close friends and trhey say he drives the thing like a grandma. Shifting at like 3500 RPMs and such. So i'm not worried about the beating of the car as much as if there is anythingwrong with it right now. I'm having my good friend go otu to look at it this week. And I'm not worried about maintainence either...I got the hookups for that
I seriously doubt he would go to the trouble of turboing it, then drive it around at 3,500 rpms. Think about it.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #14
E36Bimmer

Name: E36Bimmer
Rate My Car: 142 / 340
yea and dont always believe what someone says is the truth. Chances are his close friends would lie.. You seem to have researched this thing out, good luck.. post more pics if you get her! BTW gotta love the granite silver representing
Old 06-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #15
mpowerd

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
I seriously doubt he would go to the trouble of turboing it, then drive it around at 3,500 rpms. Think about it.
Believe it or not...thats word for word what AA tuning told me. And they remember this car very well. They said that this guy called them everyday to make sure everything he wanted got done to his exact specifications. Apparently he babied the car and just never drove it....don't ask me why, but I'm sure AA knows their customers who pay $60,000 to get work done better than anyone else. Well I also don't doubt that he did push it sometimes, but who doesn't push their cars? This engine on this car is just about bulletproof, and AA said that it could easily handle 25lbs of boost witht he right turbo and tuning.