Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum Sponsored by: TireRack.com
Talk about tires and wheels , Discuss springs, coilovers, struts, sways, and all related topics for your Bimmer.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
Boozhoo

Name: Boozhoo
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 740il
5 series wheels on 7 series

Do I remove the the plastic collars in the 5 series wheels and replace them with the "converters I purchased or do I put the converter on the hub and mount the wheels. It appears the conveter rings will not fit in the wheel with the ring that is in there now. Any help out there.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
2010bmw

Name: 2010bmw
Title: Suspended License
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: BMW 2007
5 series wheels on 7 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozhoo View Post
Do I remove the the plastic collars in the 5 series bmw wheels and replace them with the "converters I purchased or do I put the converter on the hub and mount the wheels. It appears the conveter rings will not fit in the wheel with the ring that is in there now. Any help out there.
The easiest solution for your problem is to check the size of your unit first to avoid regrets in the future. I you're trying to fit the 5 series wheels to 7 series, chances are the converters might not be fitted on the rims. If that is the case, the converter rings will crack. My advice: Don't ever try doing things which you know are wrong. Not that way.

------------>2010bmw