Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66) General discussion and technical help for all year 7 series cars.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
joeotoo

Name: joeotoo
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 740iL
How to add fluid to 1994 740iL ZF Tranny

Hello,
Can anyone PLEASE give me FILLING fluid information for my A5S 560Z transmission that is in my 1994 740iL, E32 series. (lifetime fluid)

I have a slightly leaking transmission to torque converter seal and as a result I am getting a "TRANS" warning on my dashboard warning system. at which time my transmission reverts to "limp Home second gear mode".

I have a Bentley Repair manual that suggests I check the transmission fluid and replenish lost /low fluid because a low fluid level can cause the problem that I am experiencing.

I know to raise the car (level), remove fill plug, and at proper temperature and then to add LA2634 transmission fluid [B]UNTIL IT OVERFLOWS FROM THE FILL PLUG! [/B

]However, I cannot find anything that tells me WHAT POSITION TO PLACE THE SHIFT LEVER INTO when replenishing (adding fluid) during this fill/overflow time.
Is there a PROPER sequence IE: such as engine running at ??? RPM, shift to each gear for ??? seconds. Place shifter in ??? or position ????. Then remove fill plug and fill until fluid overflows,

PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE ---- WHAT GEAR POSITION MUST THE TRANSMISSION BE IN WHEN ADDING FLUID.

Thank you in advance for your prompt and MUCH APPRECIATED reply.

Regards,
Joe
Old 10-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
joeotoo

Name: joeotoo
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeotoo View Post
Hello,
Can anyone PLEASE give me FILLING fluid information for my A5S 560Z transmission that is in my 1994 740iL, E32 series. (lifetime fluid)

I have a slightly leaking transmission to torque converter seal and as a result I am getting a "TRANS" warning on my dashboard warning system. at which time my transmission reverts to "limp Home second gear mode".

I have a Bentley Repair manual that suggests I check the transmission fluid and replenish lost /low fluid because a low fluid level can cause the problem that I am experiencing.

I know to raise the car (level), remove fill plug, and at proper temperature and then to add LA2634 transmission fluid [B]UNTIL IT OVERFLOWS FROM THE FILL PLUG! [/B

]However, I cannot find anything that tells me WHAT POSITION TO PLACE THE SHIFT LEVER INTO when replenishing (adding fluid) during this fill/overflow time.
Is there a PROPER sequence IE: such as engine running at ??? RPM, shift to each gear for ??? seconds. Place shifter in ??? or position ????. Then remove fill plug and fill until fluid overflows,

PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY HAVE ---- WHAT GEAR POSITION MUST THE TRANSMISSION BE IN WHEN ADDING FLUID.

Thank you in advance for your prompt and MUCH APPRECIATED reply.

Regards,
Joe
THANK YOU, But I got the information that Iwas requesting elsewhere.
Joe