Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding ušak biletleri.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
threequarterthrottle

Name: threequarterthrottle
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '89 535i
535i vs. Jeep Wrangler

Saturday night, pulled beside of a late model Jeep wrangler. Thought nothing of it, but when the light turned green, I heard him open up.

So with my slushbox in economy mode, I rolled down to the WOT switch and let him have it. 1st gear, I pulled half a car...2nd, 3/4 of a car up to 60, and we caught another light. He turned on to a side road, and I followed, as I was curious why in the $%&$-^$##$%^ I didn't eat him alive??? I'm bone stock, 161k miles and pretty healthy as far as I know.

Considering that I didn't launch hard at all, does this seem normal?

P.S: The experience convinced my wife that I needed power upgrades, she agreed that no Jeep should be able to hang with "her" BMW. So it was a double win for me. Oh, also spanked a 2004 f-350, Powerstroke w/ exhaust and maybe a chip....can't get a straight answer out of the guy. 4-5 cars to 75.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
xxxbimmer

Name: xxxbimmer
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 48 / 340
not sure if those are kills to be proud of......
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #3
threequarterthrottle

Name: threequarterthrottle
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '89 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxbimmer View Post
not sure if those are kills to be proud of......
well....that's kinda what I thought. I left my buddy in the powerstroke in the dust....not surprising. The jeep, however, I didn't understand. I expected no challenge, that's kinda why I mentioned it. I've had the car less than a month, and I haven't really got a feel for it.

What should I expect from it? Regarding handling, it's impressive. Power, not so much. It's got enough to carry me home, but nothing to raise eyebrows.

So, that is the reason for the post. I was a bit disappointed, and wanted to know if my frustration was unfounded.

BTW, don't underestimate a diesel pickup, I've seen them that would give my old mustang(sub-8 second car in the 1/8th) a run for it's money.