Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Site Topics > Site Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Site Feedback Post your questions, comments, or suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 08:58 AM   #31
Beelzibub

Name: Beelzibub
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.

In all fairness I only give 1's to non BMW's - this is after all a BMW forum.

But really I just sat there and clicked through giving a score quickly to what my first impressions were at the exact time I laid eyes on each pic, unfortunately that means most stock cars got low scores as they are no different to any other (unless they were a rarer model in great nick - like a 2002 or something or just a model which gets my juices going - 8 series, M5 and the like), nearly stock didn't fair much higher, but cars that have been tastefully modified and were instantly pleasing to the eye received a good rating.

Sorry if that pisses people off but if I don't like stock e36's I ain't gonna score it high, but if someone spends a good few grand making their e36 look better than the original then surely they should receive a better score. Would anyone rate my bog standard 523 up there with an e60 m5??? I don't think so and wouldn't expect anyone too, should this change if I spend a few quid a a set of riims??? Only if they make a big impact in the way the car looks I would have thought or you are just mad on the e39's in general.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #32
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
to respond to beelzibub, a 1 means its BAD, a 3 or 4 or 5 means its nothing special, the only reason to give someone a 1, i think, is if he has no picture up, and i didnt even do that either

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit

Old 06-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #33
EnvyM3

Name: EnvyM3
Title: DSC OFF!
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2005 545i SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
What the hell is wrong with his car? It's very tastefully modded and is awesome.

Explain yourself shahab. I just ran a scan of the system and you're one of the top people giving ratings between 1 and 3.... 35 votes.

A few, sure, it's your opinion, but I'm sorry, there is not 35 people on here that have cars worthy of a 1-3 rating. All your votes have been voided and you've been banned from Rate My Car for two weeks.

Enough of this, if you personally know you've gone through and rated cars unfairly, go change your votes. Rating a few cars low is one thing, but rating half the cars in the system low is just plain abuse and we'll start taking action against that.
Thanks Komodo, good to see some of the 1's removed. Though I do still have a 1. I don't even really care what my car is rated at b/c I love it and that's all that matters. I don't need to boost my ego by having others love it too. I was just a little upset over the 1's due to the principal of the whole thing. My car is nice, maybe nothing too special, but I have put some significant $$$ into it and I feel that it doesn't deserve any 1's. But whatever, some people care way too much and go around giving low scores just to move themselves up.

And Shahab, were you talking to me about giving me a 1 b/c you hate my car. What's wrong with you??? It is a newer model of your car with additional mods I guess that means you hate your car too.

Old 06-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #34
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyM3
And Shahab, were you talking to me about giving me a 1 b/c you hate my car. What's wrong with you??? It is a newer model of your car with additional mods I guess that means you hate your car too.
OHHHH SCHNAPS!!!!!

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE

Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #35
LandoAWD

Name: LandoAWD
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzibub

In all fairness I only give 1's to non BMW's - this is after all a BMW forum.
Oh, my bad. I mistook you for auto enthusiasts.

Fuckers.

"Like short sleeves, I bear arms"

Old 06-28-2005, 11:50 AM   #36
SHAHAB323IS

Name: SHAHAB323IS
Title: Professional Noob
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyM3
Thanks Komodo, good to see some of the 1's removed. Though I do still have a 1. I don't even really care what my car is rated at b/c I love it and that's all that matters. I don't need to boost my ego by having others love it too. I was just a little upset over the 1's due to the principal of the whole thing. My car is nice, maybe nothing too special, but I have put some significant $$$ into it and I feel that it doesn't deserve any 1's. But whatever, some people care way too much and go around giving low scores just to move themselves up.

i forget what i gave you envy, prolly like a 4 or 5 because i hate your wheels, on rate my car i'll be honest and give people a one because i hate their car, the whole thing is opinion based, you should change your scale if you don't want people giving ones, rooz's car i don't like, and there's many people out there who's cars i don't like, so i vote based on my opinion not whether or not everyone thinks it's fair, harry you should just completely "ban" me from rate my car then i won't be tempted to give honest opinions, the only car i really like is woobie's car.....

Old 06-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #37
SHAHAB323IS

Name: SHAHAB323IS
Title: Professional Noob
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
What the hell is wrong with his car? It's very tastefully modded and is awesome.

Explain yourself shahab. I just ran a scan of the system and you're one of the top people giving ratings between 1 and 3.... 35 votes.

A few, sure, it's your opinion, but I'm sorry, there is not 35 people on here that have cars worthy of a 1-3 rating. All your votes have been voided and you've been banned from Rate My Car for two weeks.

Enough of this, if you personally know you've gone through and rated cars unfairly, go change your votes. Rating a few cars low is one thing, but rating half the cars in the system low is just plain abuse and we'll start taking action against that.
i didn't rate anyone unfairly i call em like i see em

Old 06-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #38
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoAWD
Oh, my bad. I mistook you for auto enthusiasts.

Fuckers.
what the hells that supposed to mean?!?!

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE

Old 06-28-2005, 12:40 PM   #39
xsperf

yes lando, we do have plymouths and land rovers, lol is that why you didnt join rate my car? ohh wait, you did.. lol figures, look at your rank! lol jk, mines horrible too, but i couldnt care less

Quote:

Old 06-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #40
xsperf

there ya go, i gave you a ten.. did you guys check out delair's car, omg sweeeet!

Quote:

Old 06-28-2005, 01:11 PM   #41
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
In all fairness, I just can't see a way to justify giving any BMW a 1. If a BMW deserves a 1, it likely would never have rolled out of the factory

Old 06-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #42
projal147

Name: projal147
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
In all fairness, I just can't see a way to justify giving any BMW a 1. If a BMW deserves a 1, it likely would never have rolled out of the factory

although i dont have a pic up yet (no digital camera )
no car BMW or otherwise on here should get a 1 (except for a ricer... ) I haven't given anyone below a 5 i think...

My goal is to race in the Gumball 3000 by the age of 28.

New York Yankees - It's A New Year.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #43
LandoAWD

Name: LandoAWD
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
yes lando, we do have plymouths and land rovers, lol is that why you didnt join rate my car? ohh wait, you did.. lol figures, look at your rank! lol jk, mines horrible too, but i couldnt care less
Drunk during the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATH2000
what the hells that supposed to mean?!?!
Context + Words = Comprehension

Mr. Beelz feels if it isn't a BMW, it gets a one, or at least doesn't get the same consideration as BMWs. Way to be an "enthusiast".

"Like short sleeves, I bear arms"

Old 06-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #44
xsperf

we are car enthsusiasts, very specific cars, but we like every single car as long as it isnt a plymouth

lando, i assume you hate hummers?

Quote:

Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #45
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Lando don't answer that. haha

Let's not go there.

We are all car enthusiasts, while granted we're mostly biased toward bmws. Giving a few cars 1's is one thing, but handing them out in dozen's is another.

Don't start arguing about that kind of stuff though or this thread will be closed. Behave.

Closed Thread