Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Site Topics > Site Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Site Feedback Post your questions, comments, or suggestions here.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Arrow United Bimmer Email

For those of you who decline administrator emails, he's a copy of the email I just sent out to all the members:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, thank you all for joining United Bimmer! It's growing extremely fast with some of the most dedicated members around. We're on our forth day of being open to the public, and we already have over 80 members, and around 1,500 posts! The post count is an astronomical amount for the number of users... showing people don't just sign up and leave... the average person has already posted around 20 times (doing the math), showing they gave the community a fair chance and are still hanging around. Reading through the threads of the forum, the feedback alone from all the members about the startup of the site is quite impressive.

This community has sparked interest around because of it's unique startup. It's not founded for profit or power- but was founded by active members of other forums who came together to try and create something different. We're fixing the flaws in other forums and building a community based around the members. United Bimmer was made by the members, for the members. Every decision we make on this site comes from a public consensus of the members. Far too many forums today have forgotten how important the members are, and through making the wrong choices, they can run a site into the ground; after all without the members, the site is nothing but a few moderators who can run around editing each other's posts, haha. If the entire staff unanimously thinks we should rename the "Multimedia Forum" to "Audio/Visual Media".... nothing happens until a public poll is posted and we get enough user feedback to appropriately decide what the members want (whatever the members decide, goes). Or it works for starting new ideas. If a member suggests a new idea in the Site Feedback Forum, and enough members support that idea, the staff will act on it. This has already been proven a few times for the "Ride Showroom" forum, the "Photoshop Forum", and small details and settings like avatar size, max post length, signature size, member id, posts per page, etc. Every single one of those ideas I just listed have a separate thread dedicated to them in the Site Feedback Forum and go to illustrate how powerful the opinion of every member is in this forum.

This site is brand new and expanding quickly, so every small change to the site is critical to its development. This email is mostly a reminder for everyone to stay active in the Site Feedback Forum:

http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

We want every member to have a say, so don't miss out on yours by forgetting to stay active in that forum!

We're actively recruiting new members everyday, but we can't do it all. If you like the forum, please spread the word to your friends. Get them to try it out. Because of the community we've built, we've established a very high user retention rate, so if they try it, chances are they'll stay around. We've also done extensive SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as well as built a web of links throughout other websites, so as soon as our site hits Google and the other major search engines (remember it's only 4 days old), we expect decent placement and rankings starting off.. which will quickly grow higher with time.

We're currently working on getting some window decals printed up which we will be distributing for free to active members... so hang around and expect those to be coming out soon.

There's a very bright future for United Bimmer, and through your dedication and support, we can reach our goal of being one of the top BMW enthusiast forums on the internet for the community and support, not quantity or bulk.

Again, thank all of you for your participation on United Bimmer, and remember to stay active as there will be huge changes taking place over the next few weeks that will decide the future of the forum.

Thanks for your time!

-Harry Maugans
United Bimmer
April 18th, 2005

**PS** Please do not reply to this email. Please login to the forums and post any feedback on there. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post replies/comments/feedback/questions/concerns/ideas/whatever here.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
what kinda huge changes?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
komodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpuz
what kinda huge changes?
The evolution of the forum. lol, creating new forums, removing bad ones, setting up ground rules, appointing mods, etc.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
craig

Click here to set it up.
ah, i c
Old 04-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #5
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
Reading through that makes me feel good that I somewhat helped.

I gotta admit though, before opening this thread I thought we are getting @unitedbimmer.com email addys.

Old 04-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #6
craig

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque
Reading through that makes me feel good that I somewhat helped.

I gotta admit though, before opening this thread I thought we are getting @unitedbimmer.com email addys.
lol! me too!...but i didnt help lol
Old 04-18-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
komodo

You guys are genious.

I'll work on setting it up now.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
craig

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo9
You guys are genious.

I'll work on setting it up now.
woah...realy?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 PM   #9
komodo

Splitting to another thread.... continue talk here on the mass email I sent out to all members.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Got the e-mail today. I'm extremely impressed! In a certain Mac forum, a member was banned and set up a server for himself and others to join his new forum. Only a handful did. But here the response and success is worthy of celebration and I just love it! Congratz to all involved!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
B3M2W5i

Name: B3M2W5i
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
harry if you need any help with the site im here for you...

so far im liking the site no complaints