Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
JohnS

Name: JohnS
Title: United Newb
Rate My Car: 318 / 340
Your Ride: 1981 320i s-pack
To Sell or Not to Sell

I guess I'm looking for some advice here from other enthusiast. I have a 1981 320iS that I've owned since '83, the body is in great shape with some minor rust on the corner of the 2 rear windows, the engine ran fine @ 213,000 miles when I parked it several years ago, at the end it had a battery drain problem that I think is probably the ignition switch. The Recaro interior is thread bare, and it needs new shocks. From what I've read there were roughly 2500 of these built, I'd love to restore it because it was a fun to drive car and looks good, but at what price, I've had 2 quotes on the interior at $4000, is it worth it or should I sell it and what would it be it's value?

johnandjan15@hotmail.com

Last edited by JohnS; 04-24-2010 at 01:34 PM..
Old 09-29-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Cruzriley

Name: Cruzriley
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002
You are the owner then you decide its value....................
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
97alpine

Name: 97alpine
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 bmw m3
Thumbs up life

bring it back to life them are cool
Old 05-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
JohnS

Name: JohnS
Rate My Car: 318 / 340
Your Ride: 1981 320i s-pack
81 320iS For Sale

I've made the difficult decision to sell my 320iS. I had hoped to one day restore her but I don't think that will be happening in my lifetime. The body is in pretty good shape with a couple minor rust spots. The interior is pretty worn, one of the reasons I parked it 8 years ago in addition to a bad ignition switch. The car has been covered in my garage and I've not tried to start her since. I'm really hoping an enthusiast will pick her up and restore her. If anyone would like to see photos of my car visit my son's web site: jesses-photos.net and click the 320i tab, these pictures will show the absolute worst of the car so folks know up front what it needs. Keep in mind there were roughly 2500 of these cars built. It ran good when I parked it and I love it dearly and hate to sell it but someone else should have her now.

360-748-0815
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Zone One

Name: Zone One
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 325I
A car is worth to you, not what it's worth to anyone els, what you see it's worth. If you choose to spend the money then it means the car is worth it to you. You should decide to either keep it or get rid of it. I know this much. It would definitely be a sin to let it sit there and rot.

If you don't know, or are unsure on weather you should sell it or keep it. That tells me you love it and want to keep it. Learn how to do most of the work yourself and you can save a lot of money. You will appreciate the car more and it will be worth much more to you, when you complete the hardest tasks, than you can ever imagine.

I feel like this about any car I work on that's my own. I don't care what people think. It's worth more to me than anyone. Decide. You will not be disappointed with your decision. I can guarantee it.

Last edited by Zone One; 05-09-2011 at 09:23 PM..
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
alexmayer

Name: alexmayer
Title: Suspended License
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: white
Dont sell it, instead make it look new and cool..