Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Kill Stories
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Kill Stories It is so pleasant to work with experts. Visit this page to find out more regarding ušak biletleri.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
jrhaile

Name: jrhaile
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 114 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 Dinan Turbo, 95 M52 Turbo
I got pulled over doing 35 over

Coming back to Spokane up 195, was doing 95 in a 60. Cop followed me for about 4 miles before I pulled over. His lights weren't on so I natually didn't pull over until I got annoyed. He then proceeded to let me go with a warning and a "slow it down."

He was all mad that I didn't pull over right away but his lights were never on so I didn't pull over haha.. he was just tailing the shit out of me with no lights or sirens. But when he found out his lights weren't working after I told him, he laughed and let me go... now my question is this: Did he let me go because he legally could not have pulled me over without his lights on? I was expecting to pay a HUGE fine and almost had a heart-attack when he said have a good day and slow it down haha...

Let me tell you I thought I was going to jail on a neg driving charge or something... but in all fairness, everyone in the world halls ass down this road...
Old 06-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Wow! That was a close one But at least you were let off! Weird his lights don't work, I thought they tested those every time!
Old 06-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
man u are soo lucky, even in kilometers 35 over is a big ass fine (something like $175). I dont think he could legally pull u over if he didnt have lights, i mean how are you supposed to know?

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 06-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Yeah, for you to be pulled over he has to have his lights on.

Old 06-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #5
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
way to show that popo Jr!

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 06-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
Torque

Name: Torque
Title: Lawl.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '00 Impreza
I don't know which states... but in some, they can't issue you a ticket based on them following you (can't find the right word).

Old 06-13-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
delmarco

Name: delmarco
Title: The Way A Man Should Be
Rate My Car: 227 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 330i
Man u guys are LUCKY!!!

I've seen cops do crazy shit in NYC without sirens or lights or even squad cars!

fcuk! I even got pulled over by cops on foot on not one but two occasions right here in Manhattan...

One was for not having both my BMW signal corner lights on my car (right after they both fell off my car on the highway) He was fixing to give me a $218 ticket but I told him I was on my way to the dealership to get the lights and he let me go.

The second time was for not wearing a seatbelt as I was pulling out of a tight parking spot. He ran after my car and when he caught me at a red light the SOB actually pulled me over, but I had already put on my seatbelt (i usually do after i pull out) and he still gave me a fcuking $90 ticket which I plead NOT GUILTY to.

Anyway...my lesson is if anything that even resembles a cop car is following me, unmarked or marked, lights on or lights off, I always pull over and let them drive in front.....so that I can follow them and blind the pig SOBs with my bright as fcuk 6k HIDs!!!

he he he he he he....

good story BTW Action Jackson! get Radar now...

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #8
witeshark

Heh crazy city delmarco!
Old 06-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
jrhaile

it was some scary shit man... well not really I didn't really care. was in one of those moods ya know.. but he came up to my door with his hand on his piece yelling why didn't you stop!!?? I was all "your lights aren't on!" and he looks back at his car and goes... oh, oops. Sorry. A cop said SORRY to me it was amazing. Anyways, I had to issue him my gun, WA state law and he asked me how I liked it and what not.. he ended up being a really cool guy. Anyways, yeah I called my buddies dad who is a Sheriff and he said he can not legally pull you over without any lights on unless he's going to issue a citizen's arrest at that point. So I lucked out...
Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #10
jrhaile

oh Del your story about the cop of foot reminded me of a cop who tried to catch up to me in a parking lot on a bike lol.. I just gunned out and jetted out of there lol. It was in Liberty Lake, WA and some fucking cop on a bike put on these stupid ass lights on his bike (pedal bike) and tried to pull me over... I just flipped him off and jetted lol.. this was last summer. I thought for sure he'd get my plates or something but I never had anything happen as a result... oh he was coming after my for doing some donuts lol
Old 06-13-2005, 11:19 PM   #11
witeshark

Yup, still amazing his lights not working. They have indicator lights in the console to show what's on, so but the important thing is that he was cool
Old 06-13-2005, 11:21 PM   #12
jrhaile

He really thought they were working so maybe from the inside everything seemed normal, but on the outside there was nothing. I don't know and I don't care, I'm just glad I didn't have to see the inside of the car
Old 06-13-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaile
He really thought they were working so maybe from the inside everything seemed normal, but on the outside there was nothing. I don't know and I don't care, I'm just glad I didn't have to see the inside of the car
Yeah, you got that right
Old 06-14-2005, 12:35 AM   #14
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
Click here to set it up.
If they would have worked, we would be starting a "Buy Jr Soap-on-a-roap" paypal fund.

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 06-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #15
jrhaile

how bad can prison life be? you get to lay around, do nothing, watch tv, eat on a schedule every day and sleep... this is what I would like to do for a lfe really :P other then the occasional gang-rapes and what not, doesn't seem like such a bad place haha..