Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion > BMW News And RSS Feeds
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW News And RSS Feeds BMW RSS feeds and news

Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
GSR Autosport BMW 350R: Part IV - Our inaugural event begins with a drift, a snap and

Filed under: Motorsports, Performance, BMW, Specialty, Racing

GSR Autosport 350R - Click above to watch the progress of the season

Formula DRIFT is recognized as the North American professional drifting championship series. Autoblog has been invited behind-the-scenes with GSR Autosport, and their driver Michael Essa, as the team builds, tests and campaigns an all-new V10-powered BMW 350R during the 2010 racing season. This is the fourth installment in our series (see Part I, Part II and Part III) as we follow the team throughout the development, testing and race season.

The wail of BMW's V10 bouncing off the limiter at redline is deafening - especially coming out of two straight pipes - so it's unlikely that anyone heard the steel lower control arm on the front right of the 350R shatter. Michael Essa, manning the M5-powered 3 Series, certainly didn't. The run had been going well, just like the ones before it, when all of a sudden the BMW unexpectedly snapped off its line and careened directly into the tire barrier at speed. The incident would wreak havoc on our debut weekend at Formula Drift.

Gallery: GSR Autosport BMW 350R

Continue reading GSR Autosport BMW 350R: Part IV - Our inaugural event begins with a drift, a snap and a shatter

GSR Autosport BMW 350R: Part IV - Our inaugural event begins with a drift, a snap and a shatter originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...